BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Faerybeads Death's Head Hawkmoth necklace

+13
kyhalfpt
mdellanno
strike
hayseed
cshynkaruk
Pandabee(uk)
Fuzzyfeet
Catsworld
minty
Trollperle
Kathleen
Beady-Eyed
BeadThrilled
17 posters

Go down

Faerybeads Death's Head Hawkmoth necklace Empty Faerybeads Death's Head Hawkmoth necklace

Post by BeadThrilled Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:00 pm

Just in time for Halloween.
Coming soon - Faerybeads Death's-Head Hawkmoth necklace

Moths, the nocturnal brethren of butterflies, are generally under appreciated and yet many are as striking as their celebrated butterfly siblings. Like butterflies, moths  perform necessary pollination tasks and serve as primary fodder for bats, birds, even small mammals.

Historically, due to the skull shaped markings on their backs, the various species of Death's-Head Hawkmoths have been associated with omens of death. In addition, moths and butterflies have also been used by numerous cultures to represent change, inconsistency, or transformation. This association is due to the moth/butterfly life cycle as it transitions from egg, to larva, to pupa, to adult.

Butterflies and moths tend to be linked symbolically with fairies and witches: they all have the ability to fly and to change form. In parts of Scotland, Friesland and Bosnia, moths are regarded as witches. In Serbia and Westphalia, butterflies are regarded as such.

Available for preordering, ships from October 9th.
http://www.faerybeads.com/en/faerybeads-deaths-head-hawkmoth.html

Faerybeads Death's Head Hawkmoth necklace Faerybeads_Deaths_Head_Hawkmoth_zpsgd56c40w

Faerybeads Death's Head Hawkmoth necklace Faerybeads_Deaths_Head_Hawkmoth_Moon_necklace_zpsmyyqqaoo
BeadThrilled
BeadThrilled
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/beadthrilled/ http://www.beadthrilled.com

Back to top Go down

Faerybeads Death's Head Hawkmoth necklace Empty Re: Faerybeads Death's Head Hawkmoth necklace

Post by Beady-Eyed Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:42 pm

Stunningly executed!  And the historical/cultural background information is so intriguing.  Faerybeads are both beautiful and intellectually stimulating!
Beady-Eyed
Beady-Eyed
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Faerybeads Death's Head Hawkmoth necklace Empty Re: Faerybeads Death's Head Hawkmoth necklace

Post by Kathleen Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:22 pm

It's a beautiful design,But i most be strong
I never wear a FN Neutral
Kathleen
Kathleen
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:10 pm

Awesomem design Smile Will you me making one for a bracelet as well? *pretty pretty please* Smile I cannot wear necklaces for very long, so must pass on this beauty, otherwise, because it is too beautiful to not be worn...
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by minty Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:21 pm

ohhhh.... Silence of the Lambs.... scary... it looks so cool. LOVE I love you cyclops
minty
minty
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsworld Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:50 pm

looks very interesting and beautifully detailed, sunny

however, I would have preferred it the way the new TB FN's are made, a separate chain and then the pendant that could be changed.
Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzyfeet Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:26 pm

Cool !  Very Happy
Fuzzyfeet
Fuzzyfeet
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandabee(uk) Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:01 pm

minty wrote:ohhhh.... Silence of the Lambs.... scary... it looks so cool. LOVE I love you cyclops

Ooo, that's a fantastic piece! Twisted Evil Are the lambs still screaming Clarice? ...

Mads really needs to play Hannibal on the big screen, he is so much better than the Welshman. Less pantomime villan and more fallen angel, just pure evil.
Pandabee(uk)
Pandabee(uk)
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by cshynkaruk Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:22 pm

Wow. Exquisite detail. Love it
cshynkaruk
cshynkaruk
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by minty Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:32 pm

Pandabee(uk) wrote:
minty wrote:ohhhh.... Silence of the Lambs.... scary... it looks so cool. LOVE I love you cyclops

Ooo, that's a fantastic piece! Twisted Evil Are the lambs still screaming Clarice? ...

Mads really needs to play Hannibal on the big screen, he is so much better than the Welshman. Less pantomime villan and more fallen angel, just pure evil.

ahh don't remind me of my crush on Mads... I only watched Hannibal because of him... Embarassed
minty
minty
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandabee(uk) Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:50 pm

Me too!
Pandabee(uk)
Pandabee(uk)
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by minty Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:13 pm

looool
minty
minty
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by hayseed Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:29 pm

Love it!!! Just pre-ordered!
hayseed
hayseed
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by strike Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:24 am

That is really stunning!
strike
strike
Troll Guru

http://www.blackbootslonglegs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mdellanno Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:30 am

Stunning. Love it.

mdellanno
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by kyhalfpt Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:07 pm

Pandabee(uk) wrote:

I had the exact same thought!!! Laughing Laughing
kyhalfpt
kyhalfpt
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by kyhalfpt Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:16 pm

With the introduction of interchangeable FNs with the empty loop at the bottom, I am wondering if FB will be releasing something similar and/or would consider making the hawkmoth as a pendant with some type of snap closure?
kyhalfpt
kyhalfpt
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Smaug Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:59 pm

kyhalfpt wrote:With the introduction of interchangeable FNs with the empty loop at the bottom, I am wondering if FB will be releasing something similar and/or would consider making the hawkmoth as a pendant with some type of snap closure?

Not yet with the Hawkmoth, though I did consider it. Intricate designs like this Hawkmoth or the Reverie Lantern have less need for an interchangeable system. These necklaces are often bought as statement pieces by customers who do not collect charms at all. And yes, there's more coming also with moth(s) Wink
Smaug
Smaug
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/beadthrilled http://pinterest.com/source/beadthrilled.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluesybeads Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:47 pm

Great piece of silver work Cool

Bluesybeads
Bluesybeads
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by kyhalfpt Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:03 am

Smaug wrote:

kyhalfpt wrote:With the introduction of interchangeable FNs with the empty loop at the bottom, I am wondering if FB will be releasing something similar and/or would consider making the hawkmoth as a pendant with some type of snap closure?

Not yet with the Hawkmoth, though I did consider it. Intricate designs like this Hawkmoth or the Reverie Lantern have less need for an interchangeable system. These necklaces are often bought as statement pieces by customers who do not collect charms at all. And yes, there's more coming also with moth(s) Wink

Thanks for the information.
kyhalfpt
kyhalfpt
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Puschkin63 Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:27 pm

great artwork, although I have to admit too scary for me affraid

I also wouldn't wear the spider or skulls for the same reason. But it is fun looking at them on other bracelets...
Puschkin63
Puschkin63
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by alice87 Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:55 pm

I love this bead, it is just feel very powerful to me. I don't think I will ever get it, since I do have dragonfly pendant, but it is exciting to look at it.
alice87
alice87
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down