BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silly Question

+6
Fuzzyfeet
kionee
beadlover
trollcat
ChickInEgg
PansyCat
10 posters

Go down

Silly Question Empty Silly Question

Post by PansyCat Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:24 am

Lately I've been eyeing the gold Trollbeads. Here's my silly question - does anyone ever pay full price for these? They are beyond gorgeous but soooo expensive. Has anyone on the forum ever just had to have one of these babies without the perks of a trunk show or some other means of getting a discount?

Last edited by PansyCat on Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total
PansyCat
PansyCat
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Silly Question Empty Re: Silly Question

Post by ChickInEgg Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:38 am

They are very overpriced in my humble opinion. If you can get a discount, go for it. I think we have all paid full price for things that we really, really want. But if you can buy them at a discount, why not. I prefer the gold and silver trollbeads over the gold. I've not quite caught the Gold Fever Bug yet. I think a lot of the detail is lost in the all gold beads, again, that is just my opinion. One thing's for sure, it's very stunning.

ChickInEgg
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by trollcat Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:57 am

I have not and especially after the last price increase, would not. My personal opinion too.
trollcat
trollcat
Bead Whisperer

Back to top Go down

Post by beadlover Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:03 am

I have a few gold beads--triangles, bouquet, and royal and I think they are lovely and I mix them with the silver beads. They are lovely but expensive!! I paid full price for mine but it was a few years ago when the prices were lower. I would have to think long and hard now before buying them at FP. I do love the new gold Ornament bead. Wish it was cheaper!!
beadlover
beadlover
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by kionee Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:25 am

ChickInEgg wrote:They are very overpriced in my humble opinion. If you can get a discount, go for it. I think we have all paid full price for things that we really, really want. But if you can buy them at a discount, why not. I prefer the gold and silver trollbeads over the gold. I've not quite caught the Gold Fever Bug yet. I think a lot of the detail is lost in the all gold beads, again, that is just my opinion. One thing's for sure, it's very stunning.

I agree with you, both on being overpriced and loss of detail ... I have very few golden trollbeads, and with the prices asked I don't think I will get more Shocked
kionee
kionee
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzyfeet Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:43 am

Where in the world are you PansyCat ? It might be cheaper for you to buy in another country depending on the exchange rate. I usually try to get some kind of "added value" if I buy something expensive, we don't have Trunk shows here but some shops have loyalty schemes or discounts or buy X get Y at a discount. I usually find some excuse to make it a bargin ! Laughing
Fuzzyfeet
Fuzzyfeet
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by SnorkMaiden Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:52 pm

Never paid full price on any of them ,)
SnorkMaiden
SnorkMaiden
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Chewbacca Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:14 pm

I never thought I would have any gold beads because they were SOOOO expensive, and now I have three. But, all three together cost less that one of them at retail price! I have been lucky to catch stores going out of the TB business, and bought them at 50% off, 75% off and even 80% off! I was just lucky I guess because if I had to pay full price, they would still be at the store.
Chewbacca
Chewbacca
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by PansyCat Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:38 pm

Chewbacca wrote:I never thought I would have any gold beads because they were SOOOO expensive, and now I have three. But, all three together cost less that one of them at retail price! I have been lucky to catch stores going out of the TB business, and bought them at 50% off, 75% off and even 80% off! I was just lucky I guess because if I had to pay full price, they would still be at the store.

That's my point - I have several gold beads (love them) but the only way I would ever have bought them was if they were on sale or on some type of special deal. I guess I was wondering if anyone so fell in love with a bead that they went ahead and paid 300-1300.00 dollars for one? I just can't imagine that that happens very often!
PansyCat
PansyCat
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mouseoncheese Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:42 pm

PansyCat wrote: That's my point - I have several gold beads (love them) but the only way I would ever have bought them was if they were on sale or on some type of special deal. I guess I was wondering if anyone so fell in love with a bead that they went ahead and paid 300-1300.00 dollars for one? I just can't imagine that that happens very often!

I have never paid full price for any of mine Laughing I have got lucky with sales and discount days! Of course, a friendly LD wouldn't dream of giving discounts to regular customers Rolling Eyes
Mouseoncheese
Mouseoncheese
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Babsbeads Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:54 am

We do sell them at full price more often than you would think. We do 3 events a year so our customers can get them at a discount.

We also have a lot of Europeans visit our area and stock up for their troll friends back at home. The exchange rate and US pricing is very favorable to them.
Babsbeads
Babsbeads
Trollbeads Retailer

Back to top Go down

Post by PansyCat Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:13 pm

Thanks Babsbeads. That's very interesting. I must say, the gold beads, though expensive, are really well made (heavy for their size) and just so freakin' gorgeous.
PansyCat
PansyCat
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down