BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Easter Combo 2015

+5
kyhalfpt
Trollperle
Fleur
ceruleanbluebird
Catsworld
9 posters

Go down

Easter Combo 2015 Empty Easter Combo 2015

Post by Catsworld Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:57 pm

I have been collecting beads for this Easter combo already a few weeks ago, I wanted to do something different from previous years where I used my Aquarelle beads, so I wanted a dotty combo this time.
With the help of a lovely member here I got some really great dotty beads and also with the help from a girl from the Austrian Forum! Hug cat

And now I am experiencing the same strange feeling as happened with my Xmas combo, I had collected the beads weeks before and when Xmas came, I was bored stiff by the really beautiful combo,
the same strange feeling now, very stupid, very unsatisfying, I have spent so much time choosing, changing around beads, looking everywhere to find complementing beads, choose the silver, imagining taking nice pics..

Anyone experienced the same? How to avoid it?
I am now putting away all other combos until Easter is over, I still will have to do my Easter necklace with the eggs (old ones, I did not buy the new glass egg)

here comes the combo:  
sorry for all this writing but I had to get it off my mind somehow... Not all there

Easter Combo 2015 Cxbrejnvhdj90an1c
Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Easter Combo 2015 Empty Re: Easter Combo 2015

Post by ceruleanbluebird Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:09 pm

Sometimes the end results does not live up to the search. I have recently felt the same with my "epic bangle." In the end, I was not satisfied. That being said, I think you found an eclectic assortment of very Trollish beads. I was not expecting this kind of combo from you at all. (I was thinking safe and traditional). In time, I think you will find pleasure with other combos using your great finds. sunny
ceruleanbluebird
ceruleanbluebird
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsworld Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:25 pm

Ceruleanbluebird, I am very happy with the combo, that is not the problem, it is exactly as I wanted it to be, maybe I have spent too much time with it, and my mind is now with 2 other combos I have done recently...
maybe playing with my Easter Eggs is going to help me get in the Easter mood a bit...

it is more like a child that has discovered the hidden Xmas presents before Xmas...
Must buy some chocolate Easter bunnies, they will do the trick.. sunny
Easter Combo 2015 Cxbs2r0lctdy6a23k
Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:26 pm

It's really lovely and a happy combo, just perfect for easter.
The bright colors and dotties make me smile.

It's been a busy progress to collect the beads, so maybe it's time now to relax, take it easy and enjoy
Fleur
Fleur
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:57 pm

It is a very lovely combination I love you

I often experience something similar with what I call „the too perfect ones“. I normally do not do projects where I collect over weeks, but often I have an idea (now since I have more beads than I did in the beginning it usually starts with last year´s version f.e. for Christmas, Easter, Spring, etc.), and I „need“ one or two special beads that I think will make it even more beautiful. And then „Bam“, very often these beads look good but the previous ones look better Smile (or I am more used to them?) and the new ones go to other combos. Many a season I also have a most wonderful and perfect bracelet for the season or occasion and will only look at it but not wear it for it feels „off“. - Too perfect seems not to agree with me emphatically Wink
And on the other hand I have this idea for a spring blue bracelet with a moon hare and moon beads and the likes, new beads arrive, I put them on, add the cute dragon lock, leave it a bit and there goes the moon-theme Smile Now it is a spring dragon bracelet and it might need a second look to „get“ it, but I love it and that is all that matters Smile
Sorry for the long post, but you asked Wink

Also, it might have to do with having worked long to achieve something and then there it is, and the project is finished and you might be at a loss in a „where to now“ sense instead of enjoying the finished bracelet?

If for nothing else, maybe you would like to leave it out as Easter decoration? For it really is very lovely Smile
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by kyhalfpt Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:35 pm

Oh I love it! Perfect, happy, bright colors! It makes me happy just looking at it!

There is no way you can stay bored with this combo! Perhaps it isn't bordom, but just the end of the "thrill of the chase" in collecting the perfect beads. I am sure you will lose that feeling soon. It is just a wonderful combo! Maybe it just needs a new Easter outfit to go with it.... Really a perfect combo for Easter!
kyhalfpt
kyhalfpt
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by strike Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:48 pm

I think you have put together a very beautiful Easter combo Catsworld Smile

I am the same with things that I think too much about. I wish I could give advice about how to avoid it, but I haven't found anything that works too well for me. Sometimes putting the combination away for a day or two helps me decide whether I had just been overthinking it too much and it really does make me happy, or whether there really is something about the combination that needs to change for it to work for me.

But I also like your idea about a little chocolate therapy Wink
strike
strike
Troll Guru

http://www.blackbootslonglegs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arwen Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:03 pm

I think somtimes we love the idea or the concept of something more than the actual "thing", result....or event.

I think this is even more so the problem with events like Christmas, Easter, Birthdays. They are all so loaded with expectations and feelings we should have for them but in the end we realize the anticipation was the best part.

It´ s okay if you are not in any Easter mood yet. Moods are a tricky thing, I think the more you try to get in a certain mood the less likely it is you really "feel" it.
Just let go, put that combo away and try to think about something else.
Maybe you are in the mood to wear it next weekend, and if not that´s okay, too.
Arwen
Arwen
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsworld Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:04 pm

Thank you all so much for your kind replies! very much appreciated!

I think there are different reasons and they have nothing to do with the actual combo, which I really love

1. I have really spent too much time and too much energy the get "THE" Easter combo, the hunting has been fun (I had completely given up hunting for beads) now it is finished, I regard it as done and simply have to ENJOY it, often a bit hard for me, I am always doing something and I am often a bit restless too....kind of Trollperle's "what now, what next"

2. My mind is already on the next project and I keep thinking of that, thus, the Easter bracelet seems less interesting,
Remedy... I have shut the new project away until after Easter. Very Happy

3. I have taken the glass-dangly egg off now, and I put instead my LE Summer butterfly like Plumbun did, so I have been stealing a bit, and I love it far better now,
I also did a quick Easter necklace, not perfect but bright and cheerful and it suits me like that now for the moment,

if I find some time and the sun will come out again I might do new pics, cat

thank you so much, I feel better already! Group hug

Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsworld Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:07 pm

Arwen wrote:I think somtimes we love the idea or the concept of something more than the actual "thing", result....or event.

I think this is even more so the problem with events like Christmas, Easter, Birthdays. They are all so loaded with expectations and feelings we should have for them but in the end we realize the anticipation was the best part.

It´ s okay if you are not in any Easter mood yet. Moods are a tricky thing, I think the more you try to get in a certain mood the less likely it is you really "feel" it.
Just let go, put that combo away and try to think about something else.
Maybe you are in the mood to wear it next weekend, and if not that´s okay, too.

just read that after my last reply, wow... that sums it up very nicely and this now really has helped me to put things back into the right perspective! Thank you Arwen! so well written! Agree Rose

Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Arwen Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:16 pm

Catsworld wrote:
just read that after my last reply, wow... that sums it up very nicely and this now really has helped me to put things back into the right perspective! Thank you Arwen! so well written!  Agree  Rose

Glad you feel better Hug
Arwen
Arwen
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by plumbun Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:18 pm

Oh cats! What a beautiful combo! Yes put it away totally and then pull it out later this week. It is so lovely and bright and surely w the butterfly a treasure. Do understand the feeling though; same happened w me and Christmas themes and now w my Easter combo which I am already zzzz though still waiting on beads. Maybe the dreaming is the real fun part! But your combo is brilliant in more ways than one.
plumbun
plumbun
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by reltan Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:42 pm

It absolutely lovely and colorful, you defnitely have inspired me Happy bunny Chick Sunshine !! What is the bunny next to the lock?
reltan
reltan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down