BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

blue leather and mini blues

+10
retiredk9racer
Sherry
Artemis
Trollbeadsfan
ZAKLINZ
Troglodyte
Beadgirl
cottinghamgirl
Brightonbelle
eeyore
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

blue leather and mini blues Empty blue leather and mini blues

Post by eeyore Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:05 am

blue leather and mini blues 5620928046_88e9e7e3b3_z
eeyore
eeyore
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

blue leather and mini blues Empty Re: blue leather and mini blues

Post by Brightonbelle Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:44 am

That is delicious. I love tiny beads too and your blues are so vivid.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by cottinghamgirl Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:08 am

I love the white bead with the blue spots on the left of the bracelet and I do like the blue leather with a few beads. Blue is my favourite colour. If there is a choice I always choose the smallest bead.
cottinghamgirl
cottinghamgirl
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Beadgirl Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:52 am

Really cute. I love small beads too. Very Happy
Beadgirl
Beadgirl
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Troglodyte Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:58 am

Gorgeous! I've never tried a leather bracelet, I was looking at them at Holly's but think I'm probably too old and silver looks better on the more mature lady Rolling Eyes
Troglodyte
Troglodyte
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by eeyore Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:17 pm

I probably fit in the "more mature lady" category, too.........but I love the look of the leather. I seem to wear it more in the summer, though. Doesn't seem to fit with layers of shirts and sweaters during the cold months.
eeyore
eeyore
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by ZAKLINZ Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:33 pm

I'm in my early 50s and I love the leathers. They are reminiscent of my "hippie" days! I just try to make sure that the rest of my look is dignified enough that the leather just looks a little sassy. Very Happy
ZAKLINZ
ZAKLINZ
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollbeadsfan Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:37 pm

Very pretty... Very Happy
Trollbeadsfan
Trollbeadsfan
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:03 pm

So sweet, they look wonderful, I adore the drums...it came into the collection the year I was born!
Artemis
Artemis
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by cottinghamgirl Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:17 pm

I think the leather is fine for us more mature ladies, I wasn't too interested in leather until the blue one was introduced earlier this year but I would like one to wear with jeans for a more casual look.
cottinghamgirl
cottinghamgirl
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:59 pm

I love my leathers, they go great with jeans. I too remember the hippie days, heck I still live them!!! My youngest is 26 and she is a bigger hippie than I ever thought I was.
Sherry
Sherry
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by ZAKLINZ Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:07 pm

capuchmooch wrote:I love my leathers, they go great with jeans. I too remember the hippie days, heck I still live them!!! My youngest is 26 and she is a bigger hippie than I ever thought I was.
Jeans, of course Very Happy ! My daughter is just a year older than yours and I think the same is true, bigger hippie than I was!! Funny the things people can have in common, huh? Trollbeads and hippie daughters! lol!
ZAKLINZ
ZAKLINZ
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:27 pm

HAHA... my youngest belongs to me BUT... the oldest is from another planet. She is so not like Sara and I, but her daughter is. And it just burns her butt that Callie is so much like her aunt Sara. LOL...
Sherry
Sherry
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by retiredk9racer Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:44 pm

Don't ya just love genetics?? My niece is exactly like me (and I am exactly like my mother's sister). My sister always moans about how unfair life is - she grew up with me and then had one like me!! lol!
retiredk9racer
retiredk9racer
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by roxieboo Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:51 pm

I love your Blue Leather design. The smaller beads really let the color of the leather stand out.

Did you have to smash the metal ends to make them small enough to get your beads on (especially the tiny ones like the Drum)? I have purchased 4 or 5 Leather Bracelets and I've always had to use pliers to pinch at least one of the metal ends to get my beads on. Mad
roxieboo
roxieboo
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Troglodyte Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:05 am

ZAKLINZ wrote:I'm in my early 50s and I love the leathers. They are reminiscent of my "hippie" days! I just try to make sure that the rest of my look is dignified enough that the leather just looks a little sassy. Very Happy

Well ladies, I think I shall have to reconsider!

Just when I thought that was one section I needn't look at (bank balance sigh of relief) I can see myself ending up with a selection of colours! Excited

How do you go about choosing a size??

Mind you, I reckon my 17 year old will soon have his eye on it ........ lol!
Troglodyte
Troglodyte
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by retiredk9racer Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:03 pm

When I bought my first leather bracelet, I got the medium because I wanted to use it as a necklace. I think the medium is 16.5 inches. It worked perfectly as a necklace but was too big to wear as a bracelet. For my second leather bracelet, I got the small which is perfect as a bracelet on me but too short to wear as a necklace. I solved that by using two clasps when I needed a necklace that worked with a regular (not scoop or V) neckline. I think the small one is 14.2 inches, without locks.
retiredk9racer
retiredk9racer
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Trolldog Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:15 pm

Troglodyte wrote:
ZAKLINZ wrote:I'm in my early 50s and I love the leathers. They are reminiscent of my "hippie" days! I just try to make sure that the rest of my look is dignified enough that the leather just looks a little sassy. Very Happy

Well ladies, I think I shall have to reconsider!

Just when I thought that was one section I needn't look at (bank balance sigh of relief) I can see myself ending up with a selection of colours! Excited

How do you go about choosing a size??

Mind you, I reckon my 17 year old will soon have his eye on it ........ lol!

Ahhhhhhh...the hippie days.....come on back to me!! I am really lovin' these leathers, and I swapped for one, but it's too small, so I can't test it out yet..I may put that on in the swap section, it's doing me no good just laying there.

Truthfully....I am also in that "50ish" stage, but I am also in the stage that if I like it I wear it, and I really don't care if anyone else likes it or not....it's my arm...LOL I'd love one of every color!!!!

Long live hippies!!!!!
Trolldog
Trolldog
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by retiredk9racer Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:24 pm

I forgot to mention in my first post that I am closer to 60 than 50 as of my last birthday affraid (OMG did I say that out loud?!) and I love the leathers with just a few beads. I guess they are bringing out my inner hippie (Woodstock here we come!) Laughing
retiredk9racer
retiredk9racer
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by ZAKLINZ Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:35 pm

retiredk9racer wrote:I forgot to mention in my first post that I am closer to 60 than 50 as of my last birthday affraid (OMG did I say that out loud?!) and I love the leathers with just a few beads. I guess they are bringing out my inner hippie (Woodstock here we come!) Laughing

Haven't you heard? Being in one's 60's is the new cool! cheers
ZAKLINZ
ZAKLINZ
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by ZAKLINZ Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:49 pm

retiredk9racer wrote:When I bought my first leather bracelet, I got the medium because I wanted to use it as a necklace. I think the medium is 16.5 inches. It worked perfectly as a necklace but was too big to wear as a bracelet. For my second leather bracelet, I got the small which is perfect as a bracelet on me but too short to wear as a necklace. I solved that by using two clasps when I needed a necklace that worked with a regular (not scoop or V) neckline. I think the small one is 14.2 inches, without locks.

I do the same thing. I have found the plain "Double Clasp" to be immensely helpful for this reason. I got it as a gift, never would have purchased it myself, and use it all the time as an extender. I use it for leather and silver necklace extension as well. Another thing..I have found that the leather will stretch a little, but it could be that I get a little excessive with the beads sometimes. blue leather and mini blues 633486
ZAKLINZ
ZAKLINZ
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:32 pm

My leathers have stretched little (1/2 inch or so) and are so comfortable. I was afraid they would be stiff and was leery of buying my first one, but after getting them I was thrilled. I really like the new ones with the silver rings, and the colors are awesome. I did stick to black, brown and tan though.

And Racer, age is just a number. My MIL is in her early 70's, looks like she is in her mid 50's and makes me feel like I am 90... She can pull the heels and jeans off without a hitch. I have never wore a pair of heels with jeans in my life, just not old enough I guess.

Age is just a number, age is just a number, age is just a number... Group hug
Sherry
Sherry
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Troglodyte Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:50 pm

Am loving this thread! Hurray Hurray

What wonderful enablers!! Hug
Troglodyte
Troglodyte
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by eeyore Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:58 pm

roxieboo wrote:Did you have to smash the metal ends to make them small enough to get your beads on (especially the tiny ones like the Drum)? I have purchased 4 or 5 Leather Bracelets and I've always had to use pliers to pinch at least one of the metal ends to get my beads on. Mad

No, these beads fit on just fine...........however, I have never been able to get my retired letter "O" on my leather.

And yes, they do stretch over time.
eeyore
eeyore
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Beady-Eyed Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:26 pm

I am also an 'older' collector & I just bought the blue leather bracelet last week & I love it. At first I got the medium size and I hated it because it was too loose and the beads just went wherever. I immediately exchanged it for the small size and I love it. It is very snug on my wrist (but not actually tight) and the beads stay on top of my wrist. I'm already thinking about another leather color, perhaps the beige. I love blue & have a lot of blue beads and I'd like a contrast for the leather color.
Beady-Eyed
Beady-Eyed
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next