BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to survive a kid's birthday party

+12
Fleur
Fuzzyfeet
thea_rtist
cshynkaruk
stacecase
melmelmel56
reltan
trollcat
Trollperle
cottinghamgirl
Pandabee(uk)
strike
16 posters

Go down

How to survive a kid's birthday party Empty How to survive a kid's birthday party

Post by strike Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:59 pm

Yesterday we hosted a birthday party to celebrate my oldest daughter turning five. We had originally planned on doing an outside party, but we've had rain for the better part of a week, so our backyard was quite wet. Add in the unseasonably cold weather this month and the party had to be moved indoors.

I was a little stressed about having 15 kids between the ages of 2 and 8 in our house, so I put together this little bracelet to help me laugh about it when the crazies got crazy.  Wink

How to survive a kid's birthday party Bt-ts-10

"Stay positive" to remind me to do so Wink , "cozy" because I knew it was going to be a bit cozy with all those people, and "This too" to remind me that the kids would eventually all go home again! Laughing

And it did help. Next year, however, we will definitely have fewer kids. Or rent out a party room somewhere!
strike
strike
Troll Guru

http://www.blackbootslonglegs.com

Back to top Go down

How to survive a kid's birthday party Empty Re: How to survive a kid's birthday party

Post by Pandabee(uk) Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:07 pm

Beautiful bracelet and I think you're very brave. When my DD was little we took her to the wacky warehouse.

http://www.wackywarehouse.co.uk/air-balloon-blackpool/parties
Pandabee(uk)
Pandabee(uk)
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

How to survive a kid's birthday party Empty Re: How to survive a kid's birthday party

Post by cottinghamgirl Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:10 pm

These beads work well together, I remember those birthday parties, just wait until your daughter wants a sleepover and then tries to persuade you to have a night away so she can can have a few friends round for a party!
cottinghamgirl
cottinghamgirl
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:21 pm

So wonderfully apt and in such an unobstrusive way, wonderful! I love you
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by trollcat Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:33 pm

Ha ha! I was going to answer your post heading with one word: alcohol.   lol!

Great mini combo with big meaning. You are a good mom. Years from now you will look back on the party and still feel exhausted! But hopefully laugh too. We had a similar party for my DD when she was young; we were too busy to enjoy the real drama that was going on between two of the moms being more immature than the kids. Hope you can relax today.
trollcat
trollcat
Bead Whisperer

Back to top Go down

Post by reltan Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:16 pm

Ahah I know the feeling and imagine my kid are 14 and 15 of May... All I can say is NIGHTMARE and alcohol at the end of the day! Love the combo!
reltan
reltan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by melmelmel56 Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:31 pm

Oh yes kids parties are a lot of fun and work! I love your use of beads on a bangle as a reminder throughout the day.
melmelmel56
melmelmel56
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by stacecase Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:44 pm

Aww perfect sentiments!! I'm glad it helped, my daughter is 17 now, so I've survived a few of those myself Wink
stacecase
stacecase
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by strike Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:52 am

We did, in fact, break out the alcohol once the party ended Razz

Our daughter had a great time, though, and was very excited by everything, and it seemed like the other kids also had a good time.

But I am glad that birthdays only come once a year!
strike
strike
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by cshynkaruk Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:52 am

Nice bangle. Sooooo glad those birthday party days are behind me!
cshynkaruk
cshynkaruk
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by thea_rtist Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:19 am

Those are pretty cool combination. I'm also about to embark in planning my kiddo's birthday party which is happening in 2 months time! Shocked
I think I'm just gonna rent out a themed party place so I won't get overwhelmed! LOL
Glad you survived your daughter's birthday party! Smile
thea_rtist
thea_rtist
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzyfeet Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:21 am

I remember kids birthday parties, you are very brave ! Love the use of the "This too shall pass" bead Laughing
Fuzzyfeet
Fuzzyfeet
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:55 am

I've always found it way more easy to deal with the kids (though sometimes there were many and there were sleepover parties later), than with the two grandma's and family coming the next day.
Those were the real challenges Razz

Great combo!
Fleur
Fleur
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Enaktra Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:52 am

15 kids oh my! Glad you survived with the help of your bangle combo. Smile Hats off to you!
Enaktra
Enaktra
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

https://www.facebook.com/charmsforatroll http://charmsforatroll.com

Back to top Go down

Post by darkangel07760 Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:28 am

I love this bangle combo. I might have to make my own Cozy bangle Smile
darkangel07760
darkangel07760
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by natalyk Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:27 pm

Nice combo! It's very encouraging to see there are survivors. I am 2 weeks away from my daughter's birthday party at home... The last time we had it at home we ended up with over 20 kids, since some kids showed up with siblings... We started from planning a small party for just a few BFFs... Hopefully this time we will be under 15 too. It will also be our new puppy's second day at home. We'll see how it goes...
natalyk
natalyk
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Gail201 Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:40 pm

Nice bracelet
OMG, I am laughing at some of these replies.   They bring back the memories!  

My 13 year old's variation on the birthday party theme was for HIS friends to bring the alcohol.  My "wasband" and I were dutifully supervising an activity-filled,  well-organized outdoor party for all the kids in his class.    And the little darlings were drinking their Cokes and Pepsi's out of cups which I thought was a bit strange.  It was near the end of the party that I realized they were pulling a fast one on me.  

Soooo,  darling Strike,  you have something to look forward to!
Gail201
Gail201
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by strike Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:08 pm

Sadly, since her sister had a party, our almost three year old is now expecting a party for her birthday next month Shocked I guess I can't break up this bracelet quite yet! Laughing

I may need to stock up on more wine. Although I guess I know that at least the kids won't be bringing any!

@natalyk, good luck with the new puppy! We have two dogs and we sent them to daycare for the day since one is a bit of a food piranha and can't be trusted around kids/food.
strike
strike
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down