BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celestial bodies...

+7
bubbagump
plumbun
Catsworld
Anita
darkangel07760
natalyk
stacecase
11 posters

Go down

Celestial bodies... Empty Celestial bodies...

Post by stacecase Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:14 am

...or no bodies at all Wink Skull 

I have had the Onyx fantasy necklace on my wishlist for quite some time, so after debating for weeks, I finally caved and bought it in the Christmas special with the heart and prism. I'm SO GLAD I did. I can already see, I will be wearing this a LOT.

I've also been eyeing the Sugar Skull bead for a while, so he had to come live with me too Smile

I would like your advice though...I can't decide which of these two I like the best. They are both using the same glass beads.

First up, I took my Space bracelet apart, re-used the space silvers and added the "Celestial bodies" glass (borrowing the naming from the wonderful beads from Grace Ma, cuz I think they all look kinda celestial Like a Star @ heaven

Celestial bodies... Celestial

THEN...we have the "body-less" combo with the skeletons/skulls and leather Smile

Celestial bodies... Onyx_set

Celestial bodies... Onyx_set2

I can't decide which showcases the beads better. I think I'm leaning towards the first one, and the leather and skulls would look better with less or different glass. Any suggestions?
stacecase
stacecase
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Celestial bodies... Empty Re: Celestial bodies...

Post by natalyk Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:10 am

I like second combo. The space bracelet has too much going on for my taste, so you can't appreciate all the beauties as much. If I was tweaking it, I would replace some of the glasd with something plain - glass or gemstone, maybe a peacock pearl....

I love the celestial glass.
natalyk
natalyk
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by darkangel07760 Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:02 am

i am liking the first combo more Smile
darkangel07760
darkangel07760
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:45 am

I like them all.  Very Happy 
Anita
Anita
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsworld Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:29 pm

they are both beautiful, but the leather combo is completely my cup of coffee! bet that looks so great when worn! Smile
Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by plumbun Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:13 am

hmmm this is tough! i very much like the glass bead in the heart in the second photo...and i've been wearing a lot of leathers lately, so totally biased there, BUT i also like the first silver bracelet (though that glass must stay in the heart, imho of course.) in conclusion, you'll "have to" do another version that keeps all 3--necklace, bracelet, AND leather!!  Wink Wink ) pretty please  Girl 
plumbun
plumbun
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by bubbagump Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:34 pm

stunning, stunning beads. and i agree that the first one showcases each bead perfectly in their best light. however, all combos are amazing.
bubbagump
bubbagump
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by stacecase Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:00 am

plumbun wrote:hmmm this is tough! i very much like the glass bead in the heart in the second photo...and i've been wearing a lot of leathers lately, so totally biased there, BUT i also like the first silver bracelet (though that glass must stay in the heart, imho of course.) in conclusion, you'll "have to" do another version that keeps all 3--necklace, bracelet, AND leather!!  Wink Wink ) pretty please  Girl 

Haha! I think I'll need more beads for that, plumbun!  Surprised Very Happy

BUT I like a challenge, so I'm going to see what I can come up with Wink

I think I will like the leather with fewer glass beads. I had a devil of a time getting things to stay where I wanted them, but I think I was just being too fussy. They should be able to move around a bit and just be more natural. Gonna give it a try anyway!

Catsworld wrote:they are both beautiful, but the leather combo is completely my cup of coffee! bet that looks so great when worn! Smile

Here is what the leather looks like on, but again, it took quite some fiddling to get them to "sit right" for the photo, so I don't think I would wear it like this.

Celestial bodies... Wrist10
stacecase
stacecase
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by stacecase Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:07 am

natalyk wrote:I like second combo. The space bracelet has too much going on for my taste, so you can't appreciate all the beauties  as much. If I was tweaking it, I would replace some of the glasd with something plain - glass or gemstone, maybe a peacock  pearl....

I love the celestial glass.

I think you're onto something here Smile I was originally planning to have the plain off-white coral beads (the texture kinda reminds me of moon rocks Wink) alternating between some of the glass beads, but then I decided to try a necklace too. I'm gonna give it a try though. Wish I had more Cozies!  Very Happy 
stacecase
stacecase
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by vicky_jb Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:11 pm

You have the most gorgeous artisan beads  Love love the leather bracelet with the skulls.
vicky_jb
vicky_jb
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

https://www.facebook.com/vbehr http://skinnycupcake.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:09 pm

They are both so lovely, I could not choose. DH would say, there is no need to choose as the beads are changeable (if only it were that simple IRL Wink ).
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by ceruleanbluebird Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:30 pm

I got a normal pearl FN last month after thinking I never, ever would wear it, but I have had a lot of fun with it. I think I like it best of all my other TB necklaces.
ceruleanbluebird
ceruleanbluebird
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by stacecase Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:16 pm

ceruleanbluebird wrote:I got a normal pearl FN last month after thinking I never, ever would wear it, but I have had a lot of fun with it.  I think I like it best of all my other TB necklaces.

Oh I couldn't agree more, ceruleanbluebird! I have an extra long pearl FN (from bubbagump), the Amethyst and now the Onyx and I wear them ALL. I'm making it a point to make a coordinating necklace with almost every bracelet combo now. It really is so quick and easy to throw together a combo, it only takes a few beads!
stacecase
stacecase
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by KimboPL Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:53 am

I love both combos! Your selection of glass and silver are super. I could keep looking at the photos.
KimboPL
KimboPL
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down