BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lets talk about locks...

+24
stacecase
Mouseoncheese
Madelonnetje
Brightonbelle
SnorkMaiden
Fairy3
Freki
retiredk9racer
minty
Fee
Michelle
Fleur
reltan
Smaug
ceruleanbluebird
Fera
Fuzzyfeet
Tinka
trollfinder
harmony
ZAKLINZ
bubbagump
Mini Gnome
kyhalfpt
28 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Lets talk about locks... - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets talk about locks...

Post by stacecase Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:37 am

Oh man, this is a toughy...the locks have also been very intriguing to me from the beginning.

What is your favorite lock that you own? From a design perspective, it's a toss up between the Greyhound lock, the FB Dragon lock and the TB Troll lock. From a "usability" perspective, it's the TB Big Flower Lock (I also love the design).

What is your favorite lock that you don't own? TB old Tulip lock

If you could design a lock on your own..what would it look like? Hmmm I'm not creative in this way at all, but I would like a larger, more substantial "abstract" lock (kind of like the new Water lock, but more chunky and with more varying designs - like the Elements bead in a lock)
stacecase
stacecase
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by LindaJo Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:28 pm

What is your favorite lock that you own? Troll Lock, Faerybeads Dragon locks, Freya knot lock, Chess lock, Greyhound lock, Stories of You lock, Mexico lock. I guess I'm not good at choosing just one!

What is your favorite lock that you don't own? Troll Tulip lock, old Freya lock, some more Faerybeads locks. And I think I'd like some of the Novo locks.

If you could design a lock on your own..what would it look like? Hmmm. I'd like a sea turtle lock.
A hawk lock.
And a two-tone oxidised lock sounds good.

Least favorite locks:
Two-part locks like Big Fish and Big Flower, I find the extra swivel makes the lock hard to clasp.
Troll's Dolphin and Seahorse locks---too cutesy, and the locking mechanism is not integrated well into the design.
The 'improved' Catching Hearts lock, because the design was compromised by the changes, it's no longer a clever elegant design.
Lotus lock by that unmentionable brand, because the opening is set too low in the loop, you can only clasp it if you wear your bracelets quite loose.
Troll Tree lock, because it doesn't really look like a tree unless you are examining it close-up.
LindaJo
LindaJo
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollFantasy Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:43 pm

Favourite I own is lace.
Favourite I don't own is the tulip/art nouveau.
And if I could design my own I would go for a bat (as I also submitted once for peoples bead) or otherwise also an owl or a more celtic/abstract one.
TrollFantasy
TrollFantasy
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluesybeads Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:16 pm

Favourite lock I own: Freya, Lace and Chess.

Favourite lock I don't own: Faerybeads Fairy lock.

Lock I would design (if clever enough): triangles in different sizes and some with laid-in lapis lazuli.
Bluesybeads
Bluesybeads
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by splinty Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:16 pm

Bluesybeads wrote:
Lock I would design (if clever enough): triangles in different sizes and some with laid-in lapis lazuli.
mmm yummy! Very Happy you were clever enough to come up with the idea I love you 
splinty
splinty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2