BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

X bracelet and a brief tour of Trollbeads NYC concept shop!

+14
Monique26
Cloverbead
AquaAura
Mini Gnome
Trollperle
Elsie
Fuzzyfeet
vonnewe
trollfinder
cottinghamgirl
strike
Trollsister
ZAKLINZ
darkangel07760
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

X bracelet and a brief tour of Trollbeads NYC concept shop!  - Page 2 Empty Re: X bracelet and a brief tour of Trollbeads NYC concept shop!

Post by darkangel07760 Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:05 am

Very impressed. I felt like since the simple silver link was what started it all, that I needed to have at least one. Who knows, I might get more... I like the single links more thna the doubles, I have found. It gives more of a fluid movement to the bracelet.

[img] X bracelet and a brief tour of Trollbeads NYC concept shop!  - Page 2 Img-2015[/img]
darkangel07760
darkangel07760
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

X bracelet and a brief tour of Trollbeads NYC concept shop!  - Page 2 Empty Re: X bracelet and a brief tour of Trollbeads NYC concept shop!

Post by AquaAura Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:24 am

Wow! Love the bracelets, have so far resisted X but pictures like these make me waver....

The concept store looks amazing! We need one of these in the UK - there are similar dedicated Pandora stores springing up everywhere, while good selections of Trollbeads are getting harder to find Crying or Very sad 

AquaAura
AquaAura
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloverbead Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:47 pm

Thanks for sharing. Looks like a great place to visit Smile Loving your X bracelets too Smile
Cloverbead
Cloverbead
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Monique26 Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:59 pm

Your bracelet rocks! Looks like a beautiful stack on your wrist! cheers 
(and thanks for the pics of the NYC TB store, I have to get there!)
Monique26
Monique26
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by cshynkaruk Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:20 pm

Looks amazing. Harlequin would be my first choice. Whimsical and fun:-) :-)
cshynkaruk
cshynkaruk
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by darkangel07760 Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:00 pm

AquaAura wrote:Wow! Love the bracelets, have so far resisted X but pictures like these make me waver....

The concept store looks amazing! We need one of these in the UK - there are similar dedicated Pandora stores springing up everywhere, while good selections of Trollbeads are getting harder to find  Crying or Very sad 

If Trollbeads were to get into this concept shop idea more, I really think it would take off. But, I feel that even a TB display within a shop would do well too, it's all about merchandising... the charms are so tiny, you really need a shop to be completely clutter free so that the customers can focus in on the jewelry.
i really wish i could get a job at trollbeads. i have so many merchandising ideas from years of working in retail... seeing it from both sides really helps.
darkangel07760
darkangel07760
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by darkangel07760 Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:09 pm

Cloverbead wrote:Thanks for sharing. Looks like a great place to visit Smile Loving your X bracelets too Smile
it was so fun to visit there! i can't wait to go back. I know that these x bracelets are so different, but i feel that at the same time, it is still the troll quirkiness, just in link form instead of bead form.
I have found that when something truly looks good on you, people will compliment it... I never used to pay much mind, but as time has gone by, i have noticed that what people say looks good on me usually does look good on me! i have gotten compliments on my x, more than my traditional TB, which was pretty cool Smile
darkangel07760
darkangel07760
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by darkangel07760 Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:13 pm

Monique26 wrote:Your bracelet rocks!  Looks like a beautiful stack on your wrist! cheers 
(and thanks for the pics of the NYC TB store, I have to get there!)
Thank you!
you must get to the nyC tb shop if you can. i absolutely loved it. i will go to any tb shop, and actually there is a jewelry/gift shop that sells alot of nice tb near my mum and sis (i am so jealous, i have to drive nearly an hour and they have a tb shop 15 minutes away, though i guess my situation could be worse), but this was worth the trip, because they had x and for the beautiful set up. i wish i had taken more photos.
darkangel07760
darkangel07760
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by darkangel07760 Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:15 pm

cshynkaruk wrote:Looks amazing. Harlequin would be my first choice. Whimsical and fun:-) :-)
Harlequin caught my eye online, and when i saw it irl, the detail was exquisite. had to get it! i wonder if i should get the other two, to complete the love triangle...
all saints next time haha. i noticed that the all saints was highly variable... the eyes were terribly askew on one of the all saints links, and it actually looked quite comical! but i don't like comical skulls, so it wasn't for me. i would suggest getting that one in person, or asking to see a few online to allow you to choose.
darkangel07760
darkangel07760
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:16 pm

It sounds like a wonderful day out. I love your X-bracelet. I have Harlequin too. I think he is a fantastic link.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by darkangel07760 Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:47 pm

Brightonbelle wrote:It sounds like a wonderful day out.  I love your X-bracelet.  I have Harlequin too.  I think he is a fantastic link.
It was a nice respite from the stress. i think the harlequin is one of the best ones of the collection Smile I hope they come out with more bronze links, curious to see what they would choose Cool 
darkangel07760
darkangel07760
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:53 pm

darkangel07760 wrote:

Brightonbelle wrote:It sounds like a wonderful day out.  I love your X-bracelet.  I have Harlequin too.  I think he is a fantastic link.
It was a nice respite from the stress. i think the harlequin is one of the best ones of the collection :)I hope they come out with more bronze links, curious to see what they would choose Cool 
I asked about decorative bronze links on their Facebook page and they said that they were not going to make any because they thought that the oxidation on the silver was necessary to give a sense of light and shadow or something like that.  I was disappointed.

What did you think of Columbine?
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by hayseed Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:47 pm

Brightonbelle wrote:

I asked about decorative bronze links on their Facebook page and they said that they were not going to make any because they thought that the oxidation on the silver was necessary to give a sense of light and shadow or something like that.  I was disappointed.
That's an odd thing for them to say. Bronze oxidizes.
hayseed
hayseed
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:09 pm

hayseed wrote:
Brightonbelle wrote:

That's an odd thing for them to say.  Bronze oxidizes.
I went back and found what they said. 'We are keeping the designs in silver as it's the oxidization process of silver which gives the design depths. However using the bronze links and double links with the black links looks fab too! Hope this helps.'

Here is their Facebook page if anyone wants to post there to try to persuade them?

https://www.facebook.com/XbyTrollbeadsUK?fref=ts
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by trollfinder Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:16 pm

I love how your bracelet is turning out! I am so anxious to get mine bounce Love the pictures of the concept store, I am glad it was not disappointing like the one on Long Island.

Last edited by trollfinder on Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
trollfinder
trollfinder
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by strike Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:22 pm

Brightonbelle wrote:
hayseed wrote:

Brightonbelle wrote:

I went back and found what they said.  'We are keeping the designs in silver as it's the oxidization process of silver which gives the design depths. However using the bronze links and double links with the black links looks fab too! Hope this helps.'

Here is their Facebook page if anyone wants to post there to try to persuade them?  

Boo Sad I have commented too that I was hoping for more bronze. Perhaps we can start a grass roots change to get them to reconsider Wink
strike
strike
Troll Guru

http://www.blackbootslonglegs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:43 pm

Maybe we should ask the shops who are selling to us too?
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by bharvard1245 Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:48 am

I just love your bracelet ... a beauty ... !!! flower 
bharvard1245
bharvard1245
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by darkangel07760 Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:07 am

Mini Gnome wrote:it looks great and I'm glad your trip back East worked out OK>

Thank you so much, lots of ups and downs but otherwise good.
darkangel07760
darkangel07760
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by darkangel07760 Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:02 am

Brightonbelle wrote:
darkangel07760 wrote:

It was a nice respite from the stress. i think the harlequin is one of the best ones of the collection :)I hope they come out with more bronze links, curious to see what they would choose Cool 

What did you think of Columbine?
columbine first caught my eye in the X video with Isabel, it is the last thing you see before the video ends... To be honest, I didn't get the time to look at everyhting in detail... I was so wowed by the shop I completely lost my bearings, and though my friend is lovely, she would go quite mad while waiting for me while I browsed and browsed and browsed... so needless to say, Harlequin leaed out at me, but she did not. though I wish I had aksed to have taken a closer look at her.
darkangel07760
darkangel07760
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by darkangel07760 Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:08 am

Brightonbelle wrote:
hayseed wrote:

Brightonbelle wrote:

I went back and found what they said.  'We are keeping the designs in silver as it's the oxidization process of silver which gives the design depths. However using the bronze links and double links with the black links looks fab too! Hope this helps.'

I added my 2 cents
darkangel07760
darkangel07760
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by darkangel07760 Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:09 am

trollfinder wrote:I love how your bracelet is turning out! I am so anxious to get mine bounce Love the pictures of the concept store, I am glad it was not disappointing like the one on Long Island.
omg i am SO excited to see it!
darkangel07760
darkangel07760
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollsister Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:43 am

Thanks for the great pictures of the store and your bracelet, they both look fabulous and are wonderful to see. I agree with you about the single links making a more fluid bracelet, I prefer them as well:)
Trollsister
Trollsister
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by darkangel07760 Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:15 am

Trollsister wrote:Thanks for the great pictures of the store and your bracelet, they both look fabulous and are wonderful to see. I agree with you about the single links making a more fluid bracelet, I prefer them as well:)
Thank you! I am considering a bronze link to throw into it for good measure Wink
darkangel07760
darkangel07760
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollsister Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:29 pm

And I was thinking of adding a silver link to mine Laughing I really like the mix of silver, bronze and black!
Trollsister
Trollsister
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next