BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

X by Trollbeads

+47
sparrow
sunnytroll
fairytroll
aprilshack
vonnewe
darkangel07760
FallPorcupine
ZAKLINZ
Tuesday's Child
LindaJo
Bluesybeads
Mouseoncheese
Monique26
Lady Jagen
trollfinder
vampbutterfly
Daisylove
Tatiana
saracat
Anita
Cloverbead
alika
Kimberly Campbell
trollmoll
retiredk9racer
Oakes76
AquaAura
Madelonnetje
Tinka
Fleur
kyhalfpt
strike
laurenp
Freki
splinty
Trollsister
ceruleanbluebird
Catsworld
Fairy3
Fee
Kathleen
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Fuzzyfeet
Pandabee(uk)
Wildthing
Brightonbelle
Michelle
51 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

trollbeads - X by Trollbeads - Page 2 Empty Re: X by Trollbeads

Post by strike Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:28 am

I think their mistake was in marketing it "by Trollbeads" if they were trying for a different market space or audience (which, from what I remember about the Australian distributor, they are). They certainly wouldn't be the first company to go after a different market space or even a different "tier" of a market but many companies market their other wares under a completely different name. By adding their name, they forever link the Trollneads we know and the X to come and "smoosh" them together so they aren't really achieving their goal of marketing to a different space/audience.
strike
strike
Troll Guru

http://www.blackbootslonglegs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kyhalfpt Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:07 am

splinty wrote:Well ranted Trollsister Agree 
I agree, I don't think I am interested in this product anymore...especially if I can't buy it at my current dealers.  They are struggling to sell TBs and I was hoping that this NEW product line would help bring customers to my LD.  Since it looks like that will not be happening, maybe I will just be happy with the current TB I have and concentrate on collecting other companies beads...

I also have to wonder if a lot of other collectors are getting fed up with TB--I have seen a lot of old rare beads for sale on ebay lately. Tonight there is even a chick in egg. Seems like rats off a sinking ship to me!
kyhalfpt
kyhalfpt
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:34 am

I think many here are not understanding.  Smile 

X by Trollbeads will be availible in you LD. It is only stores that discount TB it will not be sent.
I am told my LDs have been offered and one is getting it. I hope yours wil also

Michelle
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathleen Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:45 am

they have to ban a lot of Danish shop than !!!
Kathleen
Kathleen
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:23 am

Kathleen wrote:they have to ban a lot of Danish shop than !!!
lol! 

Michelle
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:41 am

Michelle wrote:I think many here are not understanding.  Smile 

X by Trollbeads will be availible in you LD. It is only stores that discount TB it will not be sent.
I am told my LDs have been offered and one is getting it. I hope yours wil also
I understand very well.  Trollbeads are overpriced so I always buy from shops that discount.

I expect X to be overpriced too because it has been made by Trollbeads which has a policy of overpricing. That means that I would only buy it from shops that discount.  

If X is not sold by shops that discount or offer strong multi-buy incentives that include only items that I want/need - it is not of any interest to me.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:47 am

They don't learn, do they?

As much as I love my beads (especially the old ones), all this is putting me off.
Why not better concentrating on quality? I've seen too may pearls in the monthly flower beads, that were scratched or even chipped or had some glue on it .....
Fleur
Fleur
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinka Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:03 am

My jeweller was very entousiastic about the X. I guess he hopes more people come in and then buy other TB as well in stead of ordering online with discount.
As much as I love discounts, it isn't always fair to local dealers.
Tinka
Tinka
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:58 am

Fleur wrote:They don't learn, do they?

As much as I love my beads (especially the old ones), all this is putting me off.
Why not better concentrating on quality? I've seen too may pearls in the monthly flower beads, that were scratched or even chipped or had some glue on it .....
Shocked  All ready the quality is a worry of a new release ? Crying or Very sad 

Michelle
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Madelonnetje Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:04 pm

Fleur wrote:They don't learn, do they?

That's shocking...Pearls damaged before even being worn Sad Going to be extra carefull buying one of those beads, not sure if I want to order it online now..
Madelonnetje
Madelonnetje
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by AquaAura Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:01 pm

Michelle wrote:
Kathleen wrote:they have to ban a lot of Danish shop than !!!
lol! 
lol! Agree 

Not sure that the mysterious X is that interesting anyway......
AquaAura
AquaAura
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakes76 Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:58 pm

Pandabee(uk) wrote:When I was 13/14? and on a school ski trip in France, I had the opposite.

I lost my eyeliner and was having kittens because all of the makeup in the shop was too expensive and I couldn't be seeeeeen without eyeliner (teenagers Rolling Eyes). Anyway, this lovely French Lady on the Lancome counter gave me an eyeliner, because I had good taste (more like creating drama).

I have never forgotten that and always buy Lancome.
I love that story Pandabee Smile thank you for sharing that made me smile Very Happy 
Oakes76
Oakes76
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollsister Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:15 pm

Love that this forum is always up for an interesting discussion, it really is a great place Group hug 

I for one am just so tired of all the marketing games that TB seems determined to force their customers to play. I love the product, but why does it always have to be so darn difficult to purchase? Why must LDs jump through hoops to have the privilege of selling TBs? I was intrigued by this new concept until I learned of the marketing game that will keep many of the best LDs out of the loop. I guess I'm just old and tired, maybe these kinds of games are for younger consumers. Just give me a nice selection, relative ease of buying, and service with a smile, I really don't want to have to work for my TB purchases! I think TB may find that many of their customers feel the same way....
Trollsister
Trollsister
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by retiredk9racer Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:41 pm

This is something I posted on another forum:

"I think that TB spends way too much time regulating their LDs rather than letting successful business people do what they do best, that is, run their businesses in a profitable manner. No LD who deals with TB should have pain and heart palpitations over what TB may think or say about how they are running their business.  When products do not move, it is not uncommon for a shop to "put it on sale" which attracts customers who often end up spending more money on non-sale items as well.  What TB should focus on is marketing their product and quality control.  Smaller releases with better quality control will go a long way to satisfying their current collectors and some well thought out marketing will attract new collectors.   Forcing LDs to convert over to new displays instead of phasing them out, not letting them "mark down" stock that isn't moving and not allowing them to carry any other competing beads puts an unnecessary financial burden on struggling shopowners who end up deciding to discontinue the line, rather than invest more money into something that isn't selling well or being marketed by corporate HQ very well.  Sponsoring Trunk Shows 3 or 4 times a year and allowing the LDs to do the "buy 3, get 1 free" special in addition to any other specials they may be running is something that corporate TB should continue, but they should try to stay out of the day to day running of the LD businesses.  I also think some very well organized and well designed corporate shops (similar to some of the P****** ones) with knowledgeable staffing in some very visible places (think NYC, Boston, Las Vegas - where there aren't any or many local LDs, with well placed ads at the local airports, billboards, etc.) could also go a long way in promoting the brand.  I can only think of one TB TV ad I have ever seen (and it was during the early, early morning news, not prime time), but that "red-hot love" P****** ad pops up time and time again!  Just my opinion, observations and two cents!"

If TB thinks that they are going to suck me into yet another collectible bracelet concept and then run their business such that the LDs that carry it decide to totally discontinue the line because of the micromanagement by TB HQ, thus making it impossible to complete a bracelet, they are stark raving nuts!!
retiredk9racer
retiredk9racer
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by trollmoll Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:30 pm

strike wrote:I think their mistake was in marketing it "by Trollbeads" if they were trying for a different market space or audience (which, from what I remember about the Australian distributor, they are). They certainly wouldn't be the first company to go after a different market space or even a different "tier" of a market but many companies market their other wares under a completely different name. By adding their name, they forever link the Trollneads we know and the X to come and "smoosh" them together so they aren't really achieving their goal of marketing to a different space/audience.
Very good point.  They do seem like they are trying to differentiate the products and pull in younger, hipper customers.  But what does that say about their attitude towards Trollbeads collectors who have spent small fortunes and the dealers who have tirelessly pushed Trollbeads?  That we are passé and it would be horrifyingly embarrassing to have younger collectors realize they were buying from a 30+ year old company selling charm beads?  
retiredk9racer wrote:I think that TB spends way too much time regulating their LDs rather than letting successful business people do what they do best, that is, run their businesses in a profitable manner.
You have nailed it perfectly.  I don't even remember the number of dealers who have said that over and over again.
trollmoll
trollmoll
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimberly Campbell Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:16 pm

Phew, you can just feel the steam coming off that D4E post. And to not only put it on Facebook, but prominently on their website as well - that is meant to make a definite statement. I imagine a lot of the issue regarding X with D4E and the other Danish stores that sell at a discount online has to do with the fallout from this summer's debacle about the attempt to prevent those stores from selling overseas. Trollbeads HQ ended up with a lot of egg on their face over that incident, and although the public outcry made them back down, who likes being made to look like a fool in that manner? There's probably still some bad blood resulting from that incident that will continue to be present for a long time. Which is a damn shame, because I've dealt extensively with D4E, and I think they're terrific. I wrote in to TB to complain about the no shipping overseas policy. It's just a shame that TB HQ is so heavy-handed when it comes to dealing with their long-standing retailers and customers.

I was at my LD last night looking at the new fall beads. They are a platinum level dealer and have always had a really nice selection of uniques. I'd noticed that it seemed like they weren't replenishing their unique stock as much lately as they used to, and so last night I asked them if they'd gotten any new uniques in lately. She told me that she'd become rather disenchanted with the way she had to order them in sets, sight unseen, and so might have lots of uglies sitting around in the trays forever.

I didn't even ask my LD if they were planning to order X, since based on the little I've heard so far, it just doesn't interest me. What I love about my TBs is the beads, especially all the colorful glass. And I have no interest at all in bracelets made out of rubber. And $50 or whatever per silver link? Seriously? They expect people will pay hundreds of dollars for one silver bracelet? You can buy a very nice silver bracelet for a fraction of that. Perhaps I'll have a change of heart when I see them, but I'm thinking I'll just stick with my original TBs for now, thank you very much.
Kimberly Campbell
Kimberly Campbell
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by trollmoll Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:41 pm

Finally!

https://www.xbytrollbeads.com/en/collection

I like the abstract designs like DNA and Order in Chaos. If there was a special offer to start a bracelet, I can see myself taking the plunge...Embarassed 
trollmoll
trollmoll
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by alika Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:47 pm

I like some of their designs, and the concept is fun. Except... well I can't remember who posted it here but there was a side splitting hilarious thread about a member's joke line of Y bracelets - so now everytime i look at those x links, especially the rubber ones, I can't help but think of these:
trollbeads - X by Trollbeads - Page 2 C-font-b-shower-b-font-font-b-curtain-b-font-font-b-plastic-b-font
Shower curtain rings!!!
alika
alika
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloverbead Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:55 pm

I really like some of the links, I think I will have to buy the bronze ones, as the gold is sooo expensive Rolling Eyes 
Cloverbead
Cloverbead
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:59 pm

I am absolutely not interested in this. Tacky springs to mind IMO. I would rather wear the shower curtain rings.Wink Wink
Anita
Anita
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:19 pm

Anita wrote:I am absolutely not interested in this. Tacky springs to mind IMO. I would rather wear the shower curtain rings.Wink Wink
I like a few of the links - Spider, Sound Wave, Shooting Star - but not enough to make a bracelet. Most of them are much too cute looking.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by saracat Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:25 pm

Is it just me - I can't see any photos on the 'X' website. Tried Chrome and IE and both are the same. Not that I am too bothered as I do not intend to start a new collection.
saracat
saracat
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:30 pm

saracat wrote:Is it just me - I can't see any photos on the 'X' website. Tried Chrome and IE and both are the same. Not that I am too bothered as I do not intend to start a new collection.
I dont also with the link in this thread. try the link in the other thread of new releases.

Michelle
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollsister Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:01 pm

Anita wrote:I am absolutely not interested in this. Tacky springs to mind IMO. I would rather wear the shower curtain rings.Wink Wink
I wish I felt like you do, Anita Very Happy I was hoping I wouldn't like it but I do. I would really like to see and feel the rubber coated links IRL and being a bit geeky I would love to know what they are made of. Materials are fascinating to me and there are so many new high tech materials now that are just amazing. My husband's cycle gear comes to mind, it warms, wicks, and wears unlike any fabric I've ever encountered. And I love all the different mediums that are used in jewelry making, it's amazing what artists can do with some of the new composites. There is so much more than glass, silver and gold being used in modern jewelry design! And of course recycled materials are the way of the future, I think. Good looking, long wearing, and good for the planet sunny  It would be nice if the rubber links were recycled in some way.
Trollsister
Trollsister
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatiana Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:16 pm

I couldn't see the photos on the web site but I found this Very Happy
trollbeads - X by Trollbeads - Page 2 X10

Rolling Eyes I don't like it, no by that price Evil or Very Mad 
Tatiana
Tatiana
Trolladdict