BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

X by Trollbeads

+47
sparrow
sunnytroll
fairytroll
aprilshack
vonnewe
darkangel07760
FallPorcupine
ZAKLINZ
Tuesday's Child
LindaJo
Bluesybeads
Mouseoncheese
Monique26
Lady Jagen
trollfinder
vampbutterfly
Daisylove
Tatiana
saracat
Anita
Cloverbead
alika
Kimberly Campbell
trollmoll
retiredk9racer
Oakes76
AquaAura
Madelonnetje
Tinka
Fleur
kyhalfpt
strike
laurenp
Freki
splinty
Trollsister
ceruleanbluebird
Catsworld
Fairy3
Fee
Kathleen
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Fuzzyfeet
Pandabee(uk)
Wildthing
Brightonbelle
Michelle
51 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

trollbeads - X by Trollbeads - Page 3 Empty Re: X by Trollbeads

Post by Daisylove Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:44 pm

@Tatiana, and if you try this link?
https://www.xbytrollbeads.com/nl/collectie
Daisylove
Daisylove
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:46 pm

Trollsister wrote:

Anita wrote:I am absolutely not interested in this. Tacky springs to mind IMO. I would rather wear the shower curtain rings.Wink Wink
I wish I felt like you do, Anita Very Happy I was hoping I wouldn't like it but I do. I would really like to see and feel the rubber coated links IRL and being a bit geeky I would love to know what they are made of. Materials are fascinating to me and there are so many new high tech materials now that are just amazing. My husband's cycle gear comes to mind, it warms, wicks, and wears unlike any fabric I've ever encountered. And I love all the different mediums that are used in jewelry making, it's amazing what artists can do with some of the new composites. There is so much more than glass, silver and gold being used in modern jewelry design! And of course recycled materials are the way of the future, I think. Good looking, long wearing, and good for the planet sunny  It would be nice if the rubber links were recycled in some way.
I am a fan of rubber but I don't think that their rubber links look at all good.  I am interested in the bronze links but there are hardly any designs in bronze (or even gold for the gold fans).  If you look at what they are really selling, all the emphasis is on silver.

I worked out that the minimum cost to produce a very plain bracelet (without any fancy links) for me would be about 230 Euros. That involves approx. 50% rubber, 25% bronze and 25% silver with a bronze lock. I don't think that the result would be worth it.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollsister Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:12 pm

Maybe if they sell a lot of the bronze they will come out with more designs in the bronze, BB. I like the bronze too, actually. Would never buy the gold, just too pricey. And they will probably have more locks down the road, I would imagine, again maybe depending upon demand. I would love to touch/feel the rubber IRL though, my curiosity is killing me! Laughing 
Trollsister
Trollsister
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:15 pm

Trollsister wrote:Maybe if they sell a lot of the bronze they will come out with more designs in the bronze, BB. I like the bronze too, actually. Would never buy the gold, just too pricey. And they will probably have more locks down the road, I would imagine, again maybe depending upon demand. I would love to touch/feel the rubber IRL though, my curiosity is killing me! Laughing 
Bronze is a good old material with a long and honourable history.  One could be proud of a bronze bracelet.

I am very very fussy about the feel of rubber. Wink Laughing 
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollsister Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:21 pm

Yes, bronze is very historic! Perhaps we are entering into a second Bronze Age Laughing Wink Personally I prefer the darker more subtle aged look of the bronze to the shinier more yellow gold in this instance.

And I agree with you about the feel of rubber, good point! It can be good or not so good, unfortunately. I really want to check this out in person, my curiosity is killing me!
Trollsister
Trollsister
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by vampbutterfly Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:25 pm

I actually like the new X links. I called a retailer in the US and she seemed excited. She told me the links actually fit together easily but secure. The closest to me is a retailer almost 3 hours away...I feel I may be assimilated...Assimilate 
vampbutterfly
vampbutterfly
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by trollfinder Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:29 pm

I may be in the minority here but I really like it! I saw these in person at a trunk show last week and I was really impressed. The rubber links feel nice to the touch, soft but very strong. I was worried they would easily fall apart or come loose but they are very sturdy and fit together well. There is a lot more thought and design put into this than I thought. I can see myself getting a mostly rubber bracelet with a star/celestial link or two and a bronze link to wear stacked with my TB's. But I don't see myself wanting multiple bracelets like I do with my beads.
trollfinder
trollfinder
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollsister Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:07 pm

Oh I am so glad to read this, Trollfinder. I can't check it out in person so I will be relying on other's feedback and your report sounds good. I like the looks of it too, and am thinking mostly rubber as well, with just a couple silver or bronze links Smile  And I agree, it does seem very well thought out, in both design and construction. Would love to see it in IRL! Thanks Trollfinder, for your impressions Very Happy 
Trollsister
Trollsister
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jagen Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:26 pm

Trollsister wrote:Oh I am so glad to read this, Trollfinder. I can't check it out in person so I will be relying on other's feedback and your report sounds good. I like the looks of it too, and am thinking mostly rubber as well, with just a couple silver or bronze links Smile  And I agree, it does seem very well thought out, in both design and construction. Would love to see it in IRL! Thanks Trollfinder, for your impressions Very Happy 
I've seen/felt the rubber links in person and I almost think they have metal inside them. They do not bend or stretch apart at all (and I tried)- they are almost like a smoothed solid plastic rather than what I think of as rubber. They are also pretty light and feel durable. I can't imagine they wouldn't have rigorously tested it first but I don't know what their shelf life is like.

And the bronze link(s) (but I only see one and a clasp thus far)? I like the idea in theory (a cheaper price point that looks gold/rose gold). But bronze does have a bit of a smell (like brass) and I think it will turn green over time like... bronze does? Maybe even your skin? Neutral 
Lady Jagen
Lady Jagen
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollsister Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:59 pm

Thanks Lady Jagen, that is all very interesting information! I would love to know what the rubber links are made of too. It does say they are coated, so there is something other than rubber at the core....a mystery for now, I guess. And yes, I do wonder how they will wear...will the coating rub off? Will it fade or change to a lighter color over time? Will it absorb odors, perfume, etc? Inquiring minds want to know! Laughing 

I would imagine that the bronze may indeed turn greenish, but that it would clean easily, much in the way silver tarnishes and can be cleaned. Or maybe TB have treated it so that it won't turn, I guess that's a possibility as well. I didn't know that brass or bronze had a smell to it, though shock: 
Trollsister
Trollsister
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:05 pm

Trollsister wrote:Thanks Lady Jagen, that is all very interesting information! I would love to know what the rubber links are made of too. It does say they are coated, so there is something other than rubber at the core....a mystery for now, I guess. And yes, I do wonder how they will wear...will the coating rub off? Will it fade or change to a lighter color over time? Will it absorb odors, perfume, etc? Inquiring minds want to know! Laughing 

I would imagine that the bronze may indeed turn greenish, but that it would clean easily, much in the way silver tarnishes and can be cleaned. Or maybe TB have treated it so that it won't turn, I guess that's a possibility as well. I didn't know that brass or bronze had a smell to it, though shock: 
I seem to remember something on the X-site encouraging customers to let the bronze links tarnish and darken.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Monique26 Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:06 pm

Just checked in retailers in my area(east coast US) ..Zero to none.
Seems to be alot in Canada.
What is up with that?  Canadians are nice and everything but there seem to be many X/TB there.  
Canada wasn't even a WT country . . .hmmm
Monique26
Monique26
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by strike Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:15 pm

I was surprised as well - although happy that one of them is only about 40 minutes from me so I can see it in person!

We are used to paying through the nose for things, so perhaps they thought we were the perfect market Wink 

Monique26 wrote:Just checked in retailers in my area(east coast US) ..Zero to none.
What is up with that?  Canadians are nice and everything but there seem to be many X/TB there.  
strike
strike
Troll Guru

http://www.blackbootslonglegs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollsister Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:17 pm

Brightonbelle wrote:

Trollsister wrote:Thanks Lady Jagen, that is all very interesting information! I would love to know what the rubber links are made of too. It does say they are coated, so there is something other than rubber at the core....a mystery for now, I guess. And yes, I do wonder how they will wear...will the coating rub off? Will it fade or change to a lighter color over time? Will it absorb odors, perfume, etc? Inquiring minds want to know! Laughing 

I seem to remember something on the X-site encouraging customers to let the bronze links tarnish and darken.  
Ahh, good to know BB. That's good, as long as my arm doesn't turn green! Spock

Trollsister
Trollsister
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Mouseoncheese Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:49 pm

I quite like the idea of the bronze links, I wish there was more choice of designs.

They would stack well with this bangle which is from the first Bronze Age, it's developing a nice patina after 2500 years in the ground Very Happy 

trollbeads - X by Trollbeads - Page 3 Image_zps7f4a383a
Mouseoncheese
Mouseoncheese
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by strike Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:49 pm

I can see maybe threading a silver bead onto a silk wrap or something similar ... I emailed the retailer that is reasonably close to me to see when they are getting their stock in Halo 
strike
strike
Troll Guru

http://www.blackbootslonglegs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:52 pm

Mouseoncheese wrote:I quite like the idea of the bronze links, I wish there was more choice of designs.

They would stack well with this bangle which is from the first Bronze Age, it's developing a nice patina after 2500 years in the ground Very Happy 

I would be much more interested if all the silver links were also being offered in bronze. I would be quite tempted by an 'Archaeological Bracelet'.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mouseoncheese Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:58 pm

The old Bronze Age bangle cost me a lot less than a new one by X. I think I prefer the original Smile
Mouseoncheese
Mouseoncheese
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluesybeads Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:00 pm

Mouseoncheese wrote:The old Bronze Age bangle cost me a lot less than a new one by X. I think I prefer the original Smile
I love your comments Laugh 
Bluesybeads
Bluesybeads
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by ceruleanbluebird Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:04 pm

Here's a video....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebg5qXSWx4s
ceruleanbluebird
ceruleanbluebird
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by LindaJo Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:37 pm

Monique26 wrote:Just checked in retailers in my area(east coast US) ..Zero to none.
The retailer list is not up to date. There are several dealers on facebook saying they will have X. Some dealers have not yet decided whether they will carry it.

And there aren't many TB dealers in Canada! Closest to me is an hour's drive.
LindaJo
LindaJo
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuesday's Child Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:23 am

OK, I want it..... I am in the process of adding the total for my basic bracelet. There will be no discounts or deals on X?
Tuesday's Child
Tuesday's Child
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by kyhalfpt Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:36 am

I asked my LD this weekend if they would be carrying X. They said their demonstration was this week, then they would decide if they will be carrying the line or not...
kyhalfpt
kyhalfpt
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollsister Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:55 am

strike wrote:I can see maybe threading a silver bead onto a silk wrap or something similar ... I emailed the retailer that is reasonably close to me to see when they are getting their stock in Halo 
Great idea Strike, maybe you could thread a TB leather through one or two links as well Very Happy
Trollsister
Trollsister
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollsister Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:58 am

Mouseoncheese wrote:I quite like the idea of the bronze links, I wish there was more choice of designs.

Very cool bronze bangle, MOC, love the patina! Very Happy 
Trollsister
Trollsister
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next