BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little Owlett has a new Bee Friend - new photo

+14
AmongGumTrees
wiggy
ceruleanbluebird
Trollfan
natalyk
troll2011
KimboPL
cshynkaruk
Catsworld
Brightonbelle
stacecase
natasja
Fuzzyfeet
Trollperle
18 posters

Go down

Little Owlett has a new Bee Friend - new photo Empty Little Owlett has a new Bee Friend - new photo

Post by Trollperle Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:55 pm

I really love my little Ohm Owlett. It reminds me of the little day active owlett we had in our garden in Lilongwe. It could turn its head almost 360 degrees and the feathers on the back of its head had the design of two eyes (eyes in the back must come very handy if you live in the wild - even if they are fake eyes Smile ).

Here it hovers over the dark blue sea on a very sunny day and just enjoys life sunny

Little Owlett has a new Bee Friend - new photo Dsc01111

new photo added:
Right after I got the lovely bee from Glassbonbon that now lives on my Freya´s Bracelet, Mandy from TBC found this dream bead for me and it arrived last week. It seems this bee is a queen in her own right and does not want to live with another bee on another bee´s bracelet, she chose the little owlett one´s, instead. The funny thing is that we used to have a huge bee hive living under our roof in Lilongwe, so maybe it was to be expected that the bee wanted to be with the owlet from the same garden Smile

Little Owlett has a new Bee Friend - new photo Dsc01623

Sorry for the dark quality of the photo that does the little bee no justice, this bee is really camera shy. Her colour is more red than brown though not really red, just very vibrantly colourful Smile

Last edited by Trollperle on Mon May 20, 2013 5:10 pm; edited 6 times in total
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Little Owlett has a new Bee Friend - new photo Empty Re: Little Owlett has a new Bee Friend - new photo

Post by Fuzzyfeet Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:00 pm

Beautiful happy bracelet sunny
Fuzzyfeet
Fuzzyfeet
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Little Owlett has a new Bee Friend - new photo Empty Re: Little Owlett has a new Bee Friend - new photo

Post by natasja Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:14 pm

that owl is soo cute

natasja
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by stacecase Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:38 pm

Stunning bracelet and ADORABLE little owl!!
stacecase
stacecase
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:56 pm

So precious!
Have you got any photographs of the real owlet?
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsworld Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:26 am

The owl is so adorable Trollperle! I so love him! Love
and your Tibet - Bead *drool*....very happy bracelet and a great reminder of your time in Lilongwe!
Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by cshynkaruk Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:13 am

beautiful bracelet!
cshynkaruk
cshynkaruk
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by KimboPL Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:30 am

I love both the little owl and your bracelet. Really gorgeous color combo! You put some beads together that work beautifully together that I wouldn’t have thought about going together. Now you have me rethinking some of my color & bead choices.
KimboPL
KimboPL
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by troll2011 Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:12 am

Very cute owl! Much nicer than the TB one. Smile

troll2011
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by natalyk Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:46 am

I love the owl and I love it combined with snake - both are symbols of wisdom...
I also love the happy flowing glass beads.

natalyk
natalyk
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollfan Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:11 pm

You're Tibet really fits in very well.

Trollfan
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by ceruleanbluebird Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:17 pm

Catsworld wrote:The owl is so adorable Trollperle! I so love him! Love
and your Tibet - Bead *drool*....very happy bracelet and a great reminder of your time in Lilongwe!
Agree An amazing bead that looks great with the new kit!
ceruleanbluebird
ceruleanbluebird
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:43 am

Thank you all for your lovely comments Hug

Brightonbelle wrote:So precious!
Have you got any photographs of the real owlet?

Unfortunately no - she was a very fast little hunter (and the one time she stayed longer and ate lots of frogs during a long and misty rain, I was too mesmerized to think about fotographing her (and the rain would probably not have helped if I had Wink ).

But I do have photos of the family of White Scops Owls in our tree. Normally, they were very shy and we were lucky to see one now and then. But for two days two adult and two young ones sat there longer and more often and in broad daylight. There were four, but the fourth one was kind of camera shy. They are beautiful creatures, big with orange eyes. Very pretty and fluffy.

Little Owlett has a new Bee Friend - new photo White_17

Little Owlett has a new Bee Friend - new photo White_18
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsworld Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:04 pm

I love owls! and your fluffy friends they look great, what beautiful creatures! sunny
Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by wiggy Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:29 pm

Fabulous owls !!!!!!........ Very Happy

(and your bracelet of course !!)
wiggy
wiggy
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by AmongGumTrees Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:30 pm

Great colours, and very detailed and cute owl bead!
AmongGumTrees
AmongGumTrees
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

http://pinterest.com/amonggumtrees

Back to top Go down

Post by Mabel Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:00 pm

What a very happy bracelet!! I love your owls - the one on the bracelet as much as the once in the tree..... Wink Love
Mabel
Mabel
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Freki Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:25 pm

Oh, what a very sweet family! Your bracelet is lovely, too!
Freki
Freki
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by lindakm Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:18 am

Lovely colours - and great mix of old and new beads!
lindakm
lindakm
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Mon May 20, 2013 9:10 am

Thank you all for your lovely comments.
This is one of my favourite bracelets - it immediately lifts my spirit right into „joyful“ status Smile

new photo added:
Right after I got the lovely bee from Glassbonbon that now lives on my Freya´s Bracelet, Mandy from TBC found this dream bead for me and it arrived last week. It seems this bee is a queen in her own right and does not want to live with another bee on another bee´s bracelet, she chose the little owlett one´s, instead. The funny thing is that we used to have a huge bee hive living under our roof in Lilongwe, so maybe it was to be expected that the bee wanted to be with the owlet from the same garden Smile

Little Owlett has a new Bee Friend - new photo Dsc01623

Sorry for the dark quality of the photo that does the little bee no justice, this bee is really camera shy. Her colour is more red than brown though not really red, just very vibrantly colourful Smile
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by thea_rtist Mon May 20, 2013 9:53 am

That is so cute & adorable! I love the fact that he's hanging upside down on your bracelet Smile
thea_rtist
thea_rtist
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Mon May 20, 2013 10:37 am

thea_rtist wrote:That is so cute & adorable! I love the fact that he's hanging upside down on your bracelet Smile

LOL, I had not even seen that, my focus was on the lock and the bee Embarassed , but I can assure you, the little owlett does sit upside up when I wear her Smile
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down