BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bead play, your thoughts would be appreciated :)

+7
AmongGumTrees
Michelle
Amanda Mac (Dot)
natalyk
Carla
Fuzzyfeet
BethyCW
11 posters

Go down

bead play, your thoughts would be appreciated :) Empty bead play, your thoughts would be appreciated :)

Post by BethyCW Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:59 pm

I love the bright green bead (it has a purplish base) but I do find it hard to work with, I keep persevering though Smile

I was after your thoughts really, does it look ok in this combo or should I try it with a different colour or lose a bead or two?

Any help/suggestions/ideas would be appreciated Hug

bead play, your thoughts would be appreciated :) Img_1380

I tried to capture the purplish base of the 'difficult' bead

bead play, your thoughts would be appreciated :) Img_1382

I received the peacock bead today and I just love it, I'm hoping it fits in with the 'difficult' bead Very Happy

bead play, your thoughts would be appreciated :) Img_1381

Last edited by BethyCW on Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
BethyCW
BethyCW
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

bead play, your thoughts would be appreciated :) Empty Re: bead play, your thoughts would be appreciated :)

Post by Fuzzyfeet Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:31 pm

I'm no good at this sort of thing Embarassed
Pretty bead though Smile
Fuzzyfeet
Fuzzyfeet
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

bead play, your thoughts would be appreciated :) Empty Re: bead play, your thoughts would be appreciated :)

Post by Carla Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:49 pm

I think it looks lovely as is. A very pretty bead that might look good with a LE Chinese Jade or other green faced gems.
Carla
Carla
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by natalyk Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:08 pm

I love it as it is. I love the greens and the purples and they look so nice together even though I wouldn't have thought of it myself.
natalyk
natalyk
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Mac (Dot) Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:56 pm

Looks like it would go well with limes for a nice summer bracelet? Pretty bead - can't see the purple base!
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Trolldiva

http://www.wikibeadia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:19 pm

I think with pink and lilac it will be well .

Michelle
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by AmongGumTrees Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:45 am

Yes, it looks ok in that combo Smile

It is the lightest/brightest bead there though - maybe another brighter bead would balance it out a bit more. Possibly something pastel. It's hard to imagine the full effect with the purple base of the bead (I can't really see it in this photo), but it probably makes sense to keep it with green/purple beads. I think an amethyst would look good with it. Or you could add another bright green bead or prism. I love the vines bead you have next to it, and they look nice together.
AmongGumTrees
AmongGumTrees
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

http://pinterest.com/amonggumtrees

Back to top Go down

Post by BethyCW Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:06 pm

thanks so much for all the suggestions Hug I would never of thought of putting it with pinks and lilacs or anything pastel really, so I'll certainly give that a try Smile

I added a couple more pics as I received the peacock bead today and I swapped out the vine bead does it work?

BethyCW
BethyCW
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Madelonnetje Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:53 pm

I really like your beads Smile I agree with carla, the chinese jades would go well with it, or maybe the jades that just went retired. Also the spring 2010 beads might go well with it, the softer lila/green beads to make it a bit more fresh Very Happy
Madelonnetje
Madelonnetje
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Mac (Dot) Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:52 am

Wow - a peacock, lucky girl!!!!! Very Happy
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Trolldiva

http://www.wikibeadia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:46 am

I'd take out the brown Ambers and add the vine back in and another 'fresher' coloured bead. I have a S&B bead with the soft green base and blue flowers that would fit in well. Wink
Anita
Anita
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:04 pm

Carla wrote:I think it looks lovely as is. A very pretty bead that might look good with a LE Chinese Jade or other green faced gems.

Yes and paler Springlike greens and yellows maybe?
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by bubbagump Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:55 pm

I like what you did with it. Things don't always have to match perfectly. I admire combos and beads when mixed together in a random fashion. Because I tend to want everything to match, I'm always delighted and refreshed when I see something like you've created here. I wish I would try it sometime. One of the girls who works at a trollbeads dealer that i go to has the nicest bracelet. It's full of great beads, and none of them really match. She just kept adding them one by one as she bought them, and it turned out to be a very interesting combination full of really lovely beads.
bubbagump
bubbagump
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down