BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zanzibar- a close up of a classic bead

+9
harmony
papihuahua
cottinghamgirl
Brightonbelle
fairytroll
bubbagump
mermaidspurse
BusyBeads
Rogotroll
13 posters

Go down

Zanzibar- a close up of a classic bead Empty Zanzibar- a close up of a classic bead

Post by Rogotroll Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:38 pm

Zanzibar- a close up of a classic bead Img_1735

I have loved zanzibar for a long time, but never found one I wanted in the shops, the beautiful detailing always seemed to be faint or missing.
I have been lucky enough to get a perfect one from D4E - this picture is a little bright but it shows the amazing detail- Troll at it's best I think sunny
Shame it has to go away until Xmas, I hope I can last out Wink
Rogotroll
Rogotroll
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Zanzibar- a close up of a classic bead Empty Re: Zanzibar- a close up of a classic bead

Post by BusyBeads Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:06 pm

How fantastic. Congratulations on finding your perfect Zanzibar x
BusyBeads
BusyBeads
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Zanzibar- a close up of a classic bead Empty Re: Zanzibar- a close up of a classic bead

Post by mermaidspurse Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:16 pm

Rogotroll wrote:...
Shame it has to go away until Xmas, I hope I can last out Wink
Make this your desktop pic and you can look at it every day until santa !
Zanzibar is such a gorgeous underrated bead, I don't see it often on combos, but it's one of my favs too!
mermaidspurse
mermaidspurse
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by bubbagump Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:44 pm

You found a great example of the Zanzibar bead. It's one of my favorite beads. I have 2 of them and love them. It took me a long time to find 2 with good detail also. It was well worth the wait.
bubbagump
bubbagump
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by fairytroll Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:56 pm

Beautiful photo of a beautiful bead. I don't have zanzibar yet because the ones I've seen in the shops don't have good detail. I will keep looking and hopefully get lucky like you.
fairytroll
fairytroll
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:00 pm

That is really nice. I wish Trollbeads wouldn't ruin so many good beads by finishing them so badly.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by bubbagump Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:05 pm

why do some lack in detail? i see it in so many beads. Autumn, Indian Elephant are a few others that are very hard to find with the detail. Most are just smooth silver where the detail should be.
bubbagump
bubbagump
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by cottinghamgirl Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:33 pm

Zanzibar was one the first beads I bought when I started collecting seriously, I like mine but it does not have the same detail as Rogotroll's.
cottinghamgirl
cottinghamgirl
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by papihuahua Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:30 pm

Nice example of Zanzibar - I wonder if some of them get over-polished or if the molds are just old?
papihuahua
papihuahua
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by harmony Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:54 pm

Congratulations on your beautiful bead, sometime it pays to be patient when it comes to TBs, though I worry sometimes beads will be retired before I find the right one.
harmony
harmony
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Silmaril Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:24 am

Wow, I love my Zanzibar dearly, but it definitely never had that level of detail: fantastic!
Silmaril
Silmaril
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by stacecase Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:18 pm

I love Zanzibar as well...it and Jugend are probably my top two favorites.

I have two Zanzibars, one that is well detailed and one that is smoother. I love them both, but the more detailed one is more striking.

You're very fortunate, that one is perfect! Congrats on the find Smile
stacecase
stacecase
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by snowy Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:19 pm

Silmaril wrote:Wow, I love my Zanzibar dearly, but it definitely never had that level of detail: fantastic!

Me too ! I lvoe this bead but my two don´t have such lovely details. Great find cheers
snowy
snowy
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzyfeet Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:21 pm

Its a lovely solid bead !
Fuzzyfeet
Fuzzyfeet
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down