BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A bit sad of quality

+6
Fleur
kitsunegrl
Anita
splinty
kimvw
Michelle
10 posters

Go down

A bit sad of quality Empty A bit sad of quality

Post by Michelle Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:35 am

Today I am happy to get world within and stay positive for the desin and the meaning. I am very un-happy of the weight and liteness of thise beads in silver quality. Very much dissapointed in this matter of even in this low price group for me it is of even less silver than falling leaves wich is also so small. I dont think I can buy this beads no more and it makes me sad.

Michelle
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

A bit sad of quality Empty Re: A bit sad of quality

Post by kimvw Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:00 am

I bought the dreamcatcher bead and even though it's about the same size as the trollcoin it's thinner and lighter then the trollcoin (even though it's almost as expensive as the trollcoin)
kimvw
kimvw
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by splinty Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:22 am

I love my World Within and the tiny size is part of that, it's still a lovely little chunk (although I did heavily liver of sulphur it as soon as I got it because I felt it needed some contrast to convey the meaning ~ lazy so-and-so's on the lack of oxidation!). But I feel the same about my Stay Positive, love the design and meaning but it seems flat and cheap looking to me when I put it on my bracelet. I oxidized that too and it looks a bit better with the depth and shadow inside the bead, but I still would have preferred it chunkier even if that meant a higher pricer (or smaller, thicker and weightier to make it a little powerhouse of a bead!). I keep taking it off every time I try it again because it doesn't look right to me Neutral
splinty
splinty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:59 am

IMO World Within should've been the size of Joyful, a chunk of a bead. Personally, I haven't bought any new release silvers since the Escher Barrels and even those could've been chunkier. Each release the silvers get thinner with more openwork and the designs tackier. Sorry Trollbeads but you're not attracting my money anymore. Neutral
Anita
Anita
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:43 am

I wunder if the stay positive will bend and if Trollbeads will replace it. I have a spot bead that is bend all ready

Michelle
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by splinty Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:39 pm

I had to rub quite hard when I was polishing after oxidizing and it seemed quite sturdy, even though it looks flimsy, so fingers crossed it holds up! My endless bead is misshapen just from general wear.
splinty
splinty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kitsunegrl Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:23 pm

It's disappointing that TB has to try to slim beadss down to stay in business. I am sure that it must be hard to make such decisions, but I am choosing to believe that they are going this route to survive right now and when the economy is better, TB will revert back to quirky designs and more metal. Even Tiffany has introduced some lower level lines and a mystery metal called rubedo to stay competitve.
I know for me and most of my friends, we are in very rough economic waters with no land in sight yet. I imagine businesses that rely mostly on people's perceived disposable income are not faring much better. Sick
kitsunegrl
kitsunegrl
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:35 pm

I've bought World Within and altough I could well imagine a larger version, I love this tiny bead as it is Very Happy
Some of the old, retired and highly sought museum beads as pelisse, dots, etc. the retired spacers are approximately the same size (and make a nice combo) and even Innuit does not have more weight.
Feather and Stay Positive look a bit flimsy, but they may find their place too - Feather at the end of a bracelet and Stay Positive on a leather bracelet because of it's meaning.
Fleur
Fleur
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:51 pm

I wish World Within was larger but it is still a nice bead. I have ordered it from D4E because I refuse to pay the UK price for it. It would be nice if they made a larger version of it as well as they did with the Berry beads and others.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by stacecase Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:54 pm

I have to admit, when I saw the world within and stay positive beads IRL at my LD for the first time, I was disappointed at how small and light they were. I thought to myself, I wonder if the designers were happy about the outcome.

Beautiful designs, but the execution was not quite what I was expecting.
stacecase
stacecase
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by ahmotheroftwo Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:04 am

Anita wrote: Sorry Trollbeads but you're not attracting my money anymore. Neutral

I agree- went to see this release IRL yesterday, ready to spend some money!!! Walked out of the shop with NOTHING!
ahmotheroftwo
ahmotheroftwo
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuesday's Child Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:58 am

The stay positive was my very first silver and I love it for the meaning. I do feel that it is a little misshapen due to wear but time will tell how it holds up. I was surprised when I first received it (this was the first TB silver I ever held) and thought it odd that it was lighter then my Pandoras.
Tuesday's Child
Tuesday's Child
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down