BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trollbeads Releases Universal Uniques

+39
Daisylove
Fuzzyfeet
rollypoly troll
Merlyn
neonfiller
Tinka
snowy
Molamola
Joolz
Wintertroll
mermaidspurse
Fleur
Smaug
Juniper
Trollifer
sparrow
Dorabella
Amanda Mac (Dot)
GRUMPY
Rainbow
kionee
Brightonbelle
Carla
Silmaril
lv2bytrollbeads
Chewbacca
bschulmeyer
sakyubc
Guinivere
maggiemae
tonton
ahmotheroftwo
Lollipop
hayheadsbird
retiredk9racer
PansyCat
Trolls
rainyday
BeadThrilled
43 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

trollbeads - Trollbeads Releases Universal Uniques - Page 2 Empty Re: Trollbeads Releases Universal Uniques

Post by sparrow Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:15 am

They can keep them, really not impressed that they keep doing larger cores Rolling Eyes
sparrow
sparrow
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

trollbeads - Trollbeads Releases Universal Uniques - Page 2 Empty Re: Trollbeads Releases Universal Uniques

Post by Trollifer Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:25 am

So if they will do all of the Uniques with bigger cores, Trollbeads is going crazy! Now I am talking from Germany - why would I want to buy a Unique for 39 Euro with a big silver core if I can buy great Artisan beads for 10-20 Euro which look the same or even better or are especially made for me and have the same core size???? That would be stupid wouldn't it?! No
If it is a charity bead I can understand making bigger core sizes so more people will buy them and the people get more money. Fine for me but not bigger cores for normal uniques and not for that price Not all there
Trollifer
Trollifer
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Juniper Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:29 am

I do not like the larger cores. I am collecting TB and not Pandora.

By now, I really think about not buying TB anymore. I am sick and tired of the new release politics. Nearly one limited edition a month and most of them not available wordwide. Absurd increase in prices and strange distribution and information politics. Crying or Very sad

Juniper
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Smaug Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:37 am

Juniper wrote:I do not like the larger cores. I am collecting TB and not Pandora.

By now, I really think about not buying TB anymore. I am sick and tired of the new release politics. Nearly one limited edition a month and most of them not available wordwide. Absurd increase in prices and strange distribution and information politics. Crying or Very sad
Luckily we have this place so you know way before what is coming and can decide where to spend your money... Wink
Smaug
Smaug
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/beadthrilled http://pinterest.com/source/beadthrilled.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollifer Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:40 am

Juniper wrote:I do not like the larger cores. I am collecting TB and not Pandora.

Yes it really is sad but I think the limited editions are okay if they don't do them THAT often and every country gets a limited edition in a normal amount. Every dealer should be able to order a limited edition so every collector gets the chance buying them at their dealer. That would be okay for me since it if fun sending other people beads they can't get. But it is frustrating like the gemstones that there are only a few and you don't really get a chance buying them. Or you have to buy them without seeing them.... Sad
Trollifer
Trollifer
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Juniper Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:48 am

Smaug wrote:Luckily we have this place so you know way before what is coming and can decide where to spend your money... Wink

That ´s true. It is really wonderful to have this place. cheers

Juniper
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:38 pm

Let's see, how it will turn out, regarding designs, cores and prices.

I am not happy about larger cores as they don't sit nicely on a leather bracelet and most of the beads seem to be larger, while I prefer small to medium sized beads.

The designs in the pic are like those, that have been around here for some time now. Some are really pretty, but I am a bit missing the "WOW" .
Fleur
Fleur
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaidspurse Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:46 pm

Is this really a pic of the new OOAKs? Dissapointing if it is so... Rolling Eyes
Not happy aboout bigger cores either Evil or Very Mad . Fine for a few empowerments and for artisans, not good for every bead as you can't use them on leather and it makes a smaller bead look badly proportioned!
mermaidspurse
mermaidspurse
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by BeadThrilled Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:28 pm

No the accompanying pictures states current OOAKs...

Have no idea how the new ones are gonna look like.
We're awaiting more news from our well informed source... Wink
BeadThrilled
BeadThrilled
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/beadthrilled/ http://www.beadthrilled.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Wintertroll Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:16 pm

I understand people not wanting the larger cores, but this is my guess...

IMHO TB needs a way to get people to switch over from Pandora and Chamilia. My LD gets many, many customers coming in who have,or are buying for someone who has, a P or C bracelet. If you give them the option to become familiar with TB through OOAKs with larger cores then you can get them interested and promote the brand.

I think it's all about brand awareness and converting folks to TB. There is a huge market in the States and the VAST majority of people here wear P with C coming in second. No one who sees my bracelets has ever heard of TB.
Wintertroll
Wintertroll
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Joolz Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:21 pm

kionee wrote:
hayheadsbird wrote: Rolling Eyes

Won't be buying any of them then, I am very fussy about the core size.

Me too.
I think it's a shame silent

Me three. silent
I bought the pink empowerment set when it was released and have never used it as I don't like the core size or the beads being bigger..... what a shame Crying or Very sad
Joolz
Joolz
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Molamola Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:04 pm

I am sure this is in reponse to the huge marketing push from Pandora and more about attracting new customers than for us old timers.

Pandora already have a lot of the market share over here with TV adverts and stand alone shops. My local shopping centre has recently aquired a Pandora stand alone (I'm guessing that will annoy the jeweller which currently stocks Pandora more than a little).
Molamola
Molamola
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Joolz Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:35 pm

I'm hoping that this doesn't mean that they will consider making all Trollbeads with larger cores in the future, who knows what they have up their sleeves Neutral but I do find this news disappointing.

I know that I sometimes mix one or two silver Pandora's or artisan beads onto my troll bracelet but I prefer it to be just Troll....

I'm also wondering as TB doesn't seem to be so well known whether loyal and purist Pandora customers will want to buy into a different brand as they may think of it as inferior.....
Joolz
Joolz
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Guinivere Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:55 pm

I think a lot of the comments here have factored into Trollbeads' decision to try larger cores. I suspect one idea is that if the beads are larger overall (as they seem to be trending), then it takes fewer beads to complete a bracelet, so it's easier to gain new customers. Even though individual beads coat more, the total cost of a full bracelet might be about the same.

I'm with Carla, I'll focus more on the older silver and glass, and the occasional mini unique bead.
Guinivere
Guinivere
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorabella Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:46 pm

Molamola wrote:I am sure this is in reponse to the huge marketing push from Pandora and more about attracting new customers than for us old timers.

Pandora already have a lot of the market share over here with TV adverts and stand alone shops. My local shopping centre has recently aquired a Pandora stand alone (I'm guessing that will annoy the jeweller which currently stocks Pandora more than a little).

But surely Troll ought to advertise their own ORIGINAL, beautiful and unique beads too, rather than make beads to fit a P bracelet?!

I took my sister round to the two Troll shops in town on Saturday. Then to the P shop. Even she said that Troll look so much better... that's coming from a money conscious 21 year old student, who would now not by P.... And who wants to be like everyone else anyway? I'd rather be as unique as my beads, and for me that means Troll.

Apart from that there is no way I'd shop in my local P shop - even for friends who collect P - as the staff were unbelievably RUDE when they saw my bracelet... Jealous I'm sure! Razz
Dorabella
Dorabella
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by snowy Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:48 pm

I don´t like the bigger cores as I love to wear leather bracelets Crying or Very sad

We had the "Inhorgenta" fair here the last 4 days and the OOAKs the dealers bought here were "new ones" ( TB says ! )
After seeing the first pics I can´t see a difference to the older OOAKs.
With the price increase and bigger cores - TB can keep them !
snowy
snowy
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinka Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:23 pm

Larger cores means larger beads?
I like them small , cores as well as the beads.
Tinka
Tinka
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by rainyday Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:19 pm

Wintertroll wrote:I understand people not wanting the larger cores, but this is my guess...

IMHO TB needs a way to get people to switch over from Pandora and Chamilia. My LD gets many, many customers coming in who have,or are buying for someone who has, a P or C bracelet. If you give them the option to become familiar with TB through OOAKs with larger cores then you can get them interested and promote the brand.

I think it's all about brand awareness and converting folks to TB. There is a huge market in the States and the VAST majority of people here wear P with C coming in second. No one who sees my bracelets has ever heard of TB.

I agree. Agree And as long as they keep making regular core size OOAKs for TB collectors then we all can be happy!!!
rainyday
rainyday
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

http://trollgirl2.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorabella Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:02 am

Do you think they will rainyday? That would make me happy, but they'd also have to be pretty special in line with the price increase, otherwise I think I will turn into a gem collector! Laughing
Dorabella
Dorabella
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by neonfiller Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:38 pm

BeadThrilled wrote:Trollbeads is going to release a new line called Universal Uniques. They have the larger core beads like the Empowerment beads and Haiti beads. We're not sure if they are going to replace the current Glass I and Glass II unique beads or not.

Trollbeads current 'new style' OOAKs
trollbeads - Trollbeads Releases Universal Uniques - Page 2 TrollbeadsOoaks

Will these be limited or just teaser ooaks to entice the pandora and chamilia collectors? I like the designs for the most part, but not the core size so much.
neonfiller
neonfiller
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlyn Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:41 pm

Heavens, it's so hard to keep up with all the new releases, limited editions, world tour beads and now new OOAKS ... I'm so dizzy, my head is spinning, lol
Merlyn
Merlyn
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by rollypoly troll Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:03 am

Dont like big cores.

What is all this about, keep troll, troll.
rollypoly troll
rollypoly troll
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzyfeet Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:25 pm

I have some Empowerment beads and I find I don't wear them because of the core size, I didn't think it would bother me, but it does !
I will buy artisan beads instead, cheaper and much more unique ! Laughing
Fuzzyfeet
Fuzzyfeet
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisylove Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:50 pm

I have the empowerment beads, with the larger core, but that's just about it, I only wear TB.

But, this information is completely different from the other rumours that they were going to produce less OOAK's.

Most LD's where I shop frequently don't do OOAK's because they say it won't sell (only one or 2 of them in a set, but then they are stuck with 10 uglies and that's something they don't want).
Daisylove
Daisylove
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by lv2bytrollbeads Tue May 17, 2011 2:39 pm

I don't have a problem with the core size, if the beads are drop dead
gorgeous. I have a few Haiti beads that are wonderful...just hope these new Universal Core are different designs from the Haiti beads. Having said that, I do hope for unique dillos and glass with glitter. sunny

lv2bytrollbeads
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next