BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is my Townhall Treasures Treasure?

+13
troll2011
Fuzzyfeet
PMJ
mdellanno
jlfritz
Paixxx
Clochard
klokke
polarchick
Fleur
Anita
Ellie Rob
cottinghamgirl
17 posters

Go down

What is my Townhall Treasures Treasure? Empty What is my Townhall Treasures Treasure?

Post by cottinghamgirl Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:36 pm

I have just spent a week in the Lake District with DH and dog, we didn't do a lot, just relaxed in the unusually warm sunshine, but I did go TB shopping to Townhall Treasures which I thought would be good as it is a gold level dealer. There was a large selection to choose from but nothing had drawn my attention, then I spotted some extra TB boxes. I asked what was in those and was told 'duplicates of those on display', but the box was opened any way and there was the prettiest blue bead which is perfect for a summery bracelet,
What is my Townhall Treasures Treasure? Townha11ic_4311.htm]What is my Townhall Treasures Treasure? Townha10[/url]
Its a LE Gemstone from last year, I could not believe that it hadn't been snapped up before but am very glad that it wasn't. I also couldn't resist the pale turquoise agate which TB are selling for 40% off.
Once I had got over the excitement of finding it, I began to wonder what type of gemstone is it? There are streaks of turquoise in it, so is it a turquoise? it is different to the African turquoises I've seen which are greener and have dark markings Can any one help identify it, please?
cottinghamgirl
cottinghamgirl
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

What is my Townhall Treasures Treasure? Empty Re: What is my Townhall Treasures Treasure?

Post by Ellie Rob Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:58 pm

I have been waiting to see which beauty you snapped up! The girls at Townhall had said someone had been in off bt. They are a wonderful local dealer and a few gems hidden away! Glad you enjoyed your time in my neck of the woods!!!
Ellie Rob
Ellie Rob
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

What is my Townhall Treasures Treasure? Empty Re: What is my Townhall Treasures Treasure?

Post by Anita Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:03 pm

Your 'find' is very beautiful and so unusual. Congratulations. sunny I have no idea what it could be though.
Anita
Anita
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by cottinghamgirl Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:25 pm

@ Ellie Rob, you are lucky to have such a good dealer, I hope I will be able to call in again.
In a way the Lakes are our neck of the woods too, DH's family moved there when he was small and he grew up there. We have always lived quite a long away but visited often, especially when our children were young.
cottinghamgirl
cottinghamgirl
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:37 pm

What a great find (and fascinating stone) Very Happy
It goes so well with the bead bead.
Enjoy!
Fleur
Fleur
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by polarchick Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:59 pm

Oh I know that bead well! (Townhall Treasures is where I do most of my bead shopping, they are fab and really know their beads)

It is a beautiful colour, I have admired it a few times but don't really do pastel colours -I'm SO glad it's gone to someone who loves it! And I do like your bracelet a lot too!
polarchick
polarchick
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by klokke Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:51 am

nice that it is still possible to find so beautiful beads. sunny
klokke
klokke
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Clochard Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:01 am

awesome ... you´re lucky one!
Clochard
Clochard
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Paixxx Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:23 am

It's a stunner - congratulations on your treasure sunny

My best guess would be an Ocean Jasper - the squiggly lines in your bead look familiar. I've never seen one in this colour before though - it's a real beauty.
Paixxx
Paixxx
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by jlfritz Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:06 am

Beautiful bead! and it goes perfect on your bracelet. Pays to ask what's in an unopened box though, doesn't it!!!! I'm sure that is why it hadn't been snatched up before . . . others didn't ask!
jlfritz
jlfritz
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by mdellanno Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:37 am

Very beautiful

mdellanno
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by PMJ Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:06 am

I'm not sure, but I think your gemstone could be a blue jasper. It's definitly not a turquoise from which the color is much remarkable. But in fact... no matter what it is, I think you have a beautiful bead that goes really well with your bracelet !!! Congratulations !!!
PMJ
PMJ
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by cottinghamgirl Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:31 am

I've done a bit more googling and found there is a jasper called Blue Sky jasper which has shades of light turquoise mixed with darker lines and it is the closest match to the bead I have. I had already thought that Summer Skies would be a good name for my bracelet!
cottinghamgirl
cottinghamgirl
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzyfeet Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:42 am

Very pretty, a great find Very Happy
Fuzzyfeet
Fuzzyfeet
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by troll2011 Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:03 pm

Very good picks. It pays to look at everything cheers

troll2011
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Trolldog Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:09 pm

It's a beautiful bead!! The markings on it look like agate to me. It's a gorgeous color, and you are so lucky to find it!! Congratulations on a real beauty!! There is an agate called blue lace agate and some times they have some greyish color to them. Whatever it is, I love it!!!
Trolldog
Trolldog
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Mac (Dot) Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:10 pm

Great find Very Happy
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Trolldiva

http://www.wikibeadia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by casarobi Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:41 pm

What a great bead!! Great find.
casarobi
casarobi
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Wintertroll Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:14 pm

What a fantastic find! And your combo is beautiful.
Wintertroll
Wintertroll
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down