BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Tour Australia bracelet

+26
casarobi
Bluesybeads
rainyday
Engel
PMJ
swisstroll
lindakm
Yohanna
troll2011
Trolls
Hisae
Brightonbelle
Pandabee(uk)
Silmaril
Chuck
Bugladydi
Tinka
trollmoll
mermaidspurse
Sera
Anita
Tweedy
Trollfee
Corrie
charlibean
Smaug
30 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

World Tour Australia bracelet Empty World Tour Australia bracelet

Post by Smaug Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:04 pm

My Australian beads have arrived from MaVie and I'm thrilled about them. Though, to be frank, the finishing of the Sydney Harbour is less attractive, the designs of all beads outperform most of the other world tour releases.

For my first Australian bracelet I looked at the colors of the landscapes, beaches and the skies... next to the beads that are available in my bead box... Rolling Eyes and I'm very pleased with the result!
World Tour Australia bracelet 955fbf10

From top left to right: Trollbeads WT Australia Barrier Reef glass bead, Trollbeads white pearl bead, Trollbeads WT Australia Sydney Harbour silver bead, Ayers Rock and Red Sky Macrow OOAK glass bead, Trollbeads Crab silver bead, Nachthimmel NJewel blue goldstone bead, Trollbeads WT Australia Kangaroo with Joey silver bead, Palm Cove Macrow OOAK glass bead, Trollbeads peacock pearl bead, Trollbeads Palm Island silver and glass bead, Trollbeads WT Australia Barrier Reef glass bead, Trollbeads Treasures silver bead, Trollbeads Conch glass bead, Trollbeads white pearl, Red Sky Macrow OOAK glass bead, Trollbeads WT Australia Aboriginal Rock Art silver bead, Trollbeads White Cap glass bead, Trollbeads Flounder silver bead, Trollbeads peackock pearl, Trollbeads WT Australia Barrier Reef glass bead.
Smaug
Smaug
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/beadthrilled http://pinterest.com/source/beadthrilled.com/

Back to top Go down

World Tour Australia bracelet Empty Re: World Tour Australia bracelet

Post by charlibean Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:31 pm

Nice & colourful Sita

charlibean
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Corrie Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:24 pm

Verry beautiful Sita! I love the australian glassbead and the kangeroe even more. How does it coop on the bracelet ?
I am open to suggestion for Two cents tax- and dutyfree shipment!? Wink
Corrie
Corrie
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollfee Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:34 pm

Very nice.

Trollfee
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Smaug Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:09 pm

It is a very unusual color scheme for me too... Laughing but I wanted to do something different from my other WTB bracelets that seemed to end up with the same supporting glass beads.

For ordering the Australian beads I recommend MaVie. The manager from that Trollbeads shop is a well known Trollie, also present as a longstanding collector here on BT, and she knows all about beads and avoiding issues with customs.

Same goes for the Hong Kong beads that can be ordered directly from Hong Kong at a good price from a known Trollie approved by TB HK for running the Trollbeads Hong Kong shop for shipping oversees.

But if time is not of the essence you can also await the beads when they arrive locally in July.
Smaug
Smaug
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/beadthrilled http://pinterest.com/source/beadthrilled.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tweedy Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:13 pm

WOW!
Tweedy
Tweedy
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:16 pm

Smaug wrote:It is a very unusual color scheme for me too... Laughing but I wanted to do something different from my other WTB bracelets that seemed to end up with the same supporting glass beads.

For ordering the Australian beads I recommend MaVie. The manager from that Trollbeads shop is a well known Trollie, also present as a longstanding collector here on BT, and she knows all about beads and avoiding issues with customs.

Same goes for the Hong Kong beads that can be ordered directly from Hong Kong at a good price from a known Trollie approved by TB HK for running the Trollbeads Hong Kong shop for shipping oversees.

But if time is not of the essence you can also await the beads when they arrive locally in July.

I bought my WT beads from both the recommended sources. They arrived quickly and I paid no customs. My Australian beads posted on Tuesday 6th arrived today, beautifully packaged. My HK bead arrived in around five days too, again beautifully packaged. I highly rate both sellers. sunny
Anita
Anita
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sera Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:18 pm

The kangaroo is sweet, and the sidney harbor is much better as i thought it would be....hop on my list Very Happy
Sera
Sera
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaidspurse Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:33 pm

Wonderfuly lively bracelet, Smaug! The Australian WT set is so gorgeous!
What do you mean with 'less attractive finishing' of the Sydney bead, Smaug? The surface or the detail?
Didn't order it yet, but would love to hear your opinion about it!
I hope my beads from MaVie might not take that long either, usually shipping from Australia is quicker than from the US or Canada!
mermaidspurse
mermaidspurse
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Smaug Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:50 pm

mermaidspurse wrote:Wonderfuly lively bracelet, Smaug! The Australian WT set is so gorgeous!
What do you mean with 'less attractive finishing' of the Sydney bead, Smaug? The surface or the detail?
Didn't order it yet, but would love to hear your opinion about it!
I hope my beads from MaVie might not take that long either, usually shipping from Australia is quicker than from the US or Canada!
I think you can relate the finish of the Sydney Harbour silver to the recently produced collection silvers. The old silvers and still some of the 'new' silvers have that matte oxidation to accentuate the details of the silver beads. Most newly produced silvers, so it seems, have grayish gloss to achieve the same.

Which has me wonder if the Kangaro and the Rock Art bead were perhaps produced a long time ago and the Sydney Harbour to be a recent design and produce? Or perhaps that those glossy silvers are produced at a different location? Personally I only pick the traditional oxidized beads cause they look better. I own 4 Rolling Troll silver beads and the most recent purchase came from a sales in the USA. It was gloss finished and looked rather different from the other 3 trolls. When I've got some spare time I'll remove the finish and re-oxidize to see if it improves.... they usually do... Wink
Smaug
Smaug
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by trollmoll Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:48 pm

Ooh, they are spectacular! Wish I'd gotten more than one but will definitely do that in July when the WT beads are released worldwide. This seems to be the best overall WT set. As much as I love the South Africa silvers, the Aussie glass is more original. Interesting observation about Sydney Harbor. That is an intriguing design and too bad it's marred by a substandard finish. I've noticed that some of the newer release silvers have an odd gunmetal grey cast to them, not the warm, mellow silver of the older beads. Recently I saw some new beads, Zanzibar and treasures, that had a serious lack of fine detail (I did point it out to the store but they weren't concerned). Wonder if TB has different manufacturers to save $$$ for themselves (while raising the silver prices at the same time).
trollmoll
trollmoll
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinka Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:05 am

It's a beautiful bracelet Sita, 3 glassbeads was a wise idea to order. I love the match with the pearls World Tour Australia bracelet 643113

You got them so fast and that's nice.
Tinka
Tinka
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugladydi Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:16 am

Wow that is gorgeous! I would not have thought to put those colors together!
Bugladydi
Bugladydi
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuck Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:39 am

Really beautiful! I love the Reef and rock art! Can't wait for mine to arrive! bounce afro
Chuck
Chuck
Troll Magus

Back to top Go down

Post by Silmaril Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:41 am

Cool bracelet Sita. I think I know what you mean about the finish, my Sydney Harbour Bridge has a strange purplish/blue finish over the arch.
Silmaril
Silmaril
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandabee(uk) Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:18 am

Very cool and colourful too!! Very Happy
Pandabee(uk)
Pandabee(uk)
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:22 am

So fresh and exciting! I love how your bracelets are all so strikingly different from each other.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisae Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:35 am

Beautiful combo!! Love the Reef bead. I would like to have another one or two sunny
Hisae
Hisae
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Trolls Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:43 am

Sita, this is such a lovely bracelet.
Unexpected combination with the Australian World Tour beads,
I think in this combination they really get the opportunity to shine Smile
Trolls
Trolls
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by troll2011 Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:45 am

What a nice bracelet. cheers

troll2011
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Yohanna Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:58 am

Great bracelet, I love the rock art and barrier reef beads in particular.
Yohanna
Yohanna
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by lindakm Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:02 pm

Love the splash of red, Sita!
lindakm
lindakm
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by swisstroll Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:20 pm

Smaug wrote:My Australian beads have arrived from MaVie and I'm thrilled about them. Though, to be frank, the finishing of the Sydney Harbour is less attractive, the designs of all beads outperform most of the other world tour releases.

For my first Australian bracelet I looked at the colors of the landscapes, beaches and the skies... next to the beads that are available in my bead box... Rolling Eyes and I'm very pleased with the result!
World Tour Australia bracelet 955fbf10

From top left to right: Trollbeads WT Australia Barrier Reef glass bead, Trollbeads white pearl bead, Trollbeads WT Australia Sydney Harbour silver bead, Ayers Rock and Red Sky Macrow OOAK glass bead, Trollbeads Crab silver bead, Nachthimmel NJewel blue goldstone bead, Trollbeads WT Australia Kangaroo with Joey silver bead, Palm Cove Macrow OOAK glass bead, Trollbeads peacock pearl bead, Trollbeads Palm Island silver and glass bead, Trollbeads WT Australia Barrier Reef glass bead, Trollbeads Treasures silver bead, Trollbeads Conch glass bead, Trollbeads white pearl, Red Sky Macrow OOAK glass bead, Trollbeads WT Australia Aboriginal Rock Art silver bead, Trollbeads White Cap glass bead, Trollbeads Flounder silver bead, Trollbeads peackock pearl, Trollbeads WT Australia Barrier Reef glass bead.

Yesterday I went with the train to go to Beads4you in Rapperswil, because I wanted to by me some of the aussie beads, especially the barrier reef. It took me more than one hour one way. I was so disappointed when I saw the color of them, I didn't buy one, the color was more beige than orange! When I look at yours, they seem to be much more orange! Did you see more of them, are the colors very different? When I look at the original pictures of TB, the color is a intensive orange, just the way I was reminded of australia. Should I wait with buying until every LD can sell them, perhaps there will be more choice?
swisstroll
swisstroll
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by PMJ Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:48 pm

With this bracelet it'slike you are on vacation in Australia !!! Surfing, palms, white beaches... I love it !!!
PMJ
PMJ
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Engel Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:49 pm

I love how you always name the beads in your bracelets Sita! it is indeed really useful! and whenever I have enough beads to make a proper combo Im happy with (I want permanent combos for my bracelets and Im really picky with what to choose) I plan to do the same. so thank you for doing this with every bracelet you post pictures of! Daisy white
Engel
Engel
Troll Guru

http://pinterest.com/uilaengelblank/ http://uilaengelblank.com

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next