BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Having a problem with my Lavender Stripe Trollbead – need advice

+30
twinklebeads
Treeinwind
Mabel
Dinmi
GRUMPY
bbogorad amione
reindeergames
bubbagump
Clochard
Molamola
Bowerbird
Pond
Fuzzyfeet
Hisae
Tatiana
trollgirly
Engel
Beady-Eyed
Michelle
prin
cyberfairy
natasja
Bluesybeads
retiredk9racer
Brightonbelle
jt56
Anita
Fairy3
angeltroll
jhulings
34 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Having a problem with my Lavender Stripe Trollbead – need advice Empty Having a problem with my Lavender Stripe Trollbead – need advice

Post by jhulings Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:40 pm

My Lavender Stripe Trollbead turns a bluish color when I am outside, or under fluorescent lights. Has anyone else experienced this problem? How do I contact Trollbeads to report this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help.
jhulings
jhulings
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Having a problem with my Lavender Stripe Trollbead – need advice Empty Re: Having a problem with my Lavender Stripe Trollbead – need advice

Post by angeltroll Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:44 pm

Hi Joyce - that's normal! The same thing happens with my lilac dottie - that's why I LOVE these beads. I know people who absolutely hate this about the Lavender Stripe though!
angeltroll
angeltroll
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Having a problem with my Lavender Stripe Trollbead – need advice Empty Re: Having a problem with my Lavender Stripe Trollbead – need advice

Post by Fairy3 Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:58 pm

My stripe does the exact same thing like it could glow in the dark at any time Laughing
Fairy3
Fairy3
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:02 pm

Mine too. Laughing
Anita
Anita
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by angeltroll Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:04 pm

...you either love it or hate it!! Very Happy
angeltroll
angeltroll
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Fairy3 Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:11 pm

Wel I'm not sure actually what I think hahaha lol love it with other beads during the day, guess it will have to be candle light dinner if it really does bother me Laughing
Fairy3
Fairy3
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by jt56 Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:43 pm

Hello jhulings - mine does the same. I didn't notice it at first. Then a few weeks ago one evening I looked in my Trollbead box and thought...that's odd I don't recall buying a blue striped bead...and where has my lilac stripe gone? I turned the house upside down as I thought the lilac stripe must have fallen out of the box. And I seriously started to worry about my mind ..how had a bought the blue bead and never remembered buying it or seeing it before. Well mystery solved one morning in daylight...ah...the blue bead is actually a lilac bead...sometimes. It's a slippery character!

jt56
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:44 pm

How wonderful. I had no idea they did that.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by retiredk9racer Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:54 pm

The lavender prism does it too!
retiredk9racer
retiredk9racer
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Fairy3 Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:57 pm

retiredk9racer wrote:The lavender prism does it too!

Yep so does mine, i think they are the only two in my collection that do that
Fairy3
Fairy3
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluesybeads Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:03 pm

yes, my friend was going out of her mind with her lilac stribe turning blue once in a while and not fitting with the rest of the beads on her bracelet. Everytime she had to show it off, it had turned blue.

She was thinking of heat, cold or wearing would change it, until she finally found out that it was certain kinds of lighting.

Now she is quite relaxed about it and loves the bead a great deal more Very Happy
Bluesybeads
Bluesybeads
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by angeltroll Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:13 pm

jt56 wrote:Hello jhulings - mine does the same. I didn't notice it at first. Then a few weeks ago one evening I looked in my Trollbead box and thought...that's odd I don't recall buying a blue striped bead...and where has my lilac stripe gone? I turned the house upside down as I thought the lilac stripe must have fallen out of the box. And I seriously started to worry about my mind ..how had a bought the blue bead and never remembered buying it or seeing it before. Well mystery solved one morning in daylight...ah...the blue bead is actually a lilac bead...sometimes. It's a slippery character!

lol!
angeltroll
angeltroll
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by natasja Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:37 pm

very normal, they all do that...... Very Happy

natasja
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberfairy Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:43 pm

This bead never really appealed to me before as I prefer the darker colours but I quite like the idea of a colour changing bead. I may have to have a look next time I am at my LD!
cyberfairy
cyberfairy
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by prin Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:52 pm

The trouble I find if I make up the braclet the night before it looks wrong in the morning!
prin
prin
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:42 pm

I never saw this before. Now I looked and mine is also. Lucky there is 2 on the bracelet so there are matching and my new old pink prisms are very pink in the night light but have mauve in the day light.

Michelle
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Beady-Eyed Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:04 am

Grandma's Favorite does the same thing (the background turns blue) and it actually looks better (I think) because of the contrast between the lavender flowers and the blue base. It's too bad it doesn't always look that way because Grandma's Favorite is pretty boring in its monochromatic state.

It is frustrating trying to design combinations with the blue/lavender schizophrenic beads because your bracelet can look great under one kind of light and look less appealing under a different light.
Beady-Eyed
Beady-Eyed
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Engel Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:05 am

maybe the solution is to use it on a blue and lilac combo? that way, no matter the color it has at the moment, it will alway fit
Engel
Engel
Troll Guru

http://pinterest.com/uilaengelblank/ http://uilaengelblank.com

Back to top Go down

Post by trollgirly Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:17 am

Mine does that too Smile
It was one of the first beads I have bought...I was working on a pastel combo bracelet and I just needed last one light lavender bead to make the combo look perfect....after shopping we went out somewhere and when I looked at the bracelet it looked all wrong.....I turned to my hubby and asked him if this bead looked like that when we bought it (he was with me helping me choose) and he was like.....ummm....i'm not sure...but i'm pretty positive it was more purple....lol....I thought I was losing my mind....then I went to the washroom and the bead looked right again.....at that time I realized what had happened Smile I was thrilled!
I love my sneaky camouflage lavender stripe....I call it my chameleon Smile

I knew all about stone or glass changing colour as I own an Alexandrite ring that I have inherited from my mom....it's Russian from the 70s...It's incased in gold and the stone in blue/green and in a certain light it changes to reddish purple.....stunning....I will have to take a pic and show you guys Smile

Enjoy your stripe...it's fun!
trollgirly
trollgirly
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatiana Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:39 am

LOL!!!! That is funny and makes those beads more specials! My purple translucent bubbles is purple in the natural light but pale blue under artificial light! Wow
Tatiana
Tatiana
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisae Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:48 pm

jt56 wrote:Hello jhulings - mine does the same. I didn't notice it at first. Then a few weeks ago one evening I looked in my Trollbead box and thought...that's odd I don't recall buying a blue striped bead...and where has my lilac stripe gone? I turned the house upside down as I thought the lilac stripe must have fallen out of the box. And I seriously started to worry about my mind ..how had a bought the blue bead and never remembered buying it or seeing it before. Well mystery solved one morning in daylight...ah...the blue bead is actually a lilac bead...sometimes. It's a slippery character!

I did the same thing!! So upset!!
Hisae
Hisae
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzyfeet Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:26 pm

When I first discovered mine did that I drove my boys mad by running from room to room and insisting they looked at my bracelet under different lights ! Embarassed Laughing
Fuzzyfeet
Fuzzyfeet
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by jhulings Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:23 pm

A big thanks everyone for the feedback! Personally I don't like this "feature". I now need a bead for my Purple bracelet to replace the Lavender Stripe ;-(

jhulings
jhulings
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Pond Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:23 pm

My daughter and I were shopping at on of her dealers last month and I though they had the prettiest unique Prisms in the loveliest glacial shade of blue. The sales gal warned us we would be disappointed if we wanted a blue bead. Well the two prisms and the pretty blue striped bead next to them were actually lavender!
Pond
Pond
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bowerbird Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:19 pm

Doesn't sound like a problem, sounds like fun! If you put it with yellow it might look more lavender, because of the contrast between the two and the after image you will see.
Bowerbird
Bowerbird
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next