BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

any news on the re-release of retireds?

+11
purpletibet
Fuzzyfeet
Michelle
Brightonbelle
LindaJo
troll2011
MaRia
niceday
Kathleen
jlfritz
agatha
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

any news on the re-release of retireds? Empty any news on the re-release of retireds?

Post by agatha Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:57 am

or was that just a rumour? to me this is so exciting cheers
agatha
agatha
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

any news on the re-release of retireds? Empty Re: any news on the re-release of retireds?

Post by jlfritz Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:18 am

From the look on your puppy's face, I think she is full of expectation too!!!! I have heard nothing more but was wondering the same thing.
jlfritz
jlfritz
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

any news on the re-release of retireds? Empty Re: any news on the re-release of retireds?

Post by agatha Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:20 am

guess this wAs just a rumour then... Sad
agatha
agatha
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathleen Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:10 pm

Yes just rumor,and i am very happy with that!!!
Kathleen
Kathleen
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by niceday Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:20 pm

Kathleen wrote:Yes just rumor,and i am very happy with that!!!

Me too!!!
niceday
niceday
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by MaRia Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm

niceday wrote:
Kathleen wrote:Yes just rumor,and i am very happy with that!!!

Me too!!!
Agree
MaRia
MaRia
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by agatha Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:19 pm

Why?
agatha
agatha
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathleen Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:46 pm

Because retired must stay retired !
Kathleen
Kathleen
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by troll2011 Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:08 pm

It would be unfair to people who paid a lot of money for retired beeds.

troll2011
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by LindaJo Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:43 pm

@troll2011-----I want a bead of the critter in your avatar!

LindaJo
LindaJo
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:50 pm

I just love the word 'critter' - it is so fine.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:06 pm

LindaJo wrote:@troll2011-----I want a bead of the critter in your avatar!

Fiery Mask do a chameleon bead. I like to look of it.

Michelle
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzyfeet Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:32 pm

I've got one ! must get round to taking some photos of my Fiery Mask beads.
Fuzzyfeet
Fuzzyfeet
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by troll2011 Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:36 pm

Oh yes please. I would like to see a photo of that one Cool .
I have not heard of those beads yet. Must look it up on the internet. Smile

troll2011
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by purpletibet Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:44 am

Would like to see pics as well please!!
purpletibet
purpletibet
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by niceday Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:53 pm

agatha wrote:Why?

Because retired must mean what it says, it would not be good for the secondary market .I know people do not like the high prices in the secondary market, but it is there and people are paying big money for retired beads, And if collectors lost trust in what trollbeads say then the sales of trollbeads would just plummet Neutral

I would Love some of the old glass beads, but no way would I like them to release them Neutral
niceday
niceday
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by agatha Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:31 pm

I would like some retireds to come back. I paid big bucks for my lav and rise buds and lilac pearls and to me they were worth it, but come on... qhat were we thinking with those prices?! Total trollbeads bubble! It was bound to burst.
agatha
agatha
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by niceday Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:53 pm

You are right the bubble will burst one day . thats why I will never pay more than retail for my beads. Had my fingers burnt too many Times with other so call collectables, Neutral I will not make the same mistake with Trollbeads Very Happy

Last edited by niceday on Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
niceday
niceday
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuck Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:39 pm

I couldn't agree more. I've bought and sold some of these incredible glass retirees and while I am absolutely in love with them, there is no way I'll spend the kind of money I've spent again. The market is way too volatile and you can never really tell the direction TB is going in. To re-release or not to release who knows...every now and then, some real pearls drop (classic @ the UK show & the Troll Lock and anniv bracelet beads @ the concepts in the US) so, I'll keep my eyes peeled for those. I think it will serve us all better in the long run to hang onto the stuff we have and admire the more expensive beads/silvers/golds form afar. I once thought it might be cool to see the retirees rejoin the collection but no longer think that's a smart move.
Chuck
Chuck
Troll Magus

Back to top Go down

Post by agatha Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:05 pm

The only thing i can think of is that people are scared for their special ones, either in worth or status. That's not important to me so i like the re releases.
agatha
agatha
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuck Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:20 pm

I value my retired beads and I know the oomph it took to locate them and purchase them. For me, it's not at all about status. I like what i like and that's it! If I loved the current lineups more than the retired, I'd have boxes full of them. As it stands, the originality, uniqueness and craftsmanship of the retirees is what so attracts me to them. Once a bead has been retired, it should stay that way. There are plenty of them available through reputable sources so, it's only fair that should you really want it, you should pay the fair market value. To do any less is to thumb your nose in the face of the hardcore collectors and minimized the true value in that we have worked so hard to collect. So, I am hoping that the re-release of retired beads is more rumor than fact.
Chuck
Chuck
Troll Magus

Back to top Go down

Post by agatha Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:48 pm

I know what you mean about the allure of dome retireds. The exact bluish lilac color of the lavender buds has that for me. But i would love more of them though! It smtimes comes across as if some people don't want others to have what they have, least of all for a lot less. Like they themselves are being done wrong. To those i say: ha! The last laugh is not yours. And being an owner of retireds that have cost me a lot i feel i can say this Razz
agatha
agatha
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by niceday Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:19 pm

The one bead I would Love more than ever is a lavender bud it is my dreams bead . But I hope they never Re- release it or any of the other retireds that I wish for. Its all about trust for me and if trollbeads re-released retireds it would mean you could never trust them again, then where would we all be Neutral

niceday
niceday
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by kitsunegrl Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:56 pm

I would like TB to re-visit and create different versions of the retireds. More the idea rather than the bead, you know?
The old Vine bead is a true beauty, but the new Wine Harvest is a very nice bead also.
Joyful is spectacular, but Spiral and the new Whorl also stand on their own.
I'd like to see other sand beads with stripes, we really need a new cat, etc.

Frankly, I think some of the retired beads were strange and totally not my taste, so I don't think I'd be interested in them if they were re-released, but one person's cup of tea is another's poison!
kitsunegrl
kitsunegrl
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:23 pm

kitsunegrl wrote:I would like TB to re-visit and create different versions of the retireds. More the idea rather than the bead, you know?
The old Vine bead is a true beauty, but the new Wine Harvest is a very nice bead also.
Joyful is spectacular, but Spiral and the new Whorl also stand on their own.
I'd like to see other sand beads with stripes, we really need a new cat, etc.

Frankly, I think some of the retired beads were strange and totally not my taste, so I don't think I'd be interested in them if they were re-released, but one person's cup of tea is another's poison!

I would be surprised if new versions of some of the older glass beads sold well enough to make it worth re-producing them. I cannot see many of the old beads, glass or silver, appealing to either the luxury or mass markets that Trollbeads appears to be trying to reach out to. They would not gel at all successfully with the new releases. The obvious exceptions would be 'pretty' silver beads like the Crane but it would have to be a cuter hollow version.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next