BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell me about your Ambers

+8
Paixxx
Lollipop
Silmaril
TrollTech
Chewbacca
mermaidspurse
Troll Boi
Anna
12 posters

Go down

Tell me about your Ambers Empty Tell me about your Ambers

Post by Anna Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:01 am

I've only been recently watching them, and I am falling in love! I was at my LD today and looked at an entire set. There were some gorgeous marbled ones, and they were BIG! Being the earth girl that I am, I want to know more and see more of these lovely stones.

I especially love this one

Tell me about your Ambers Pinkamber

Is it right that they are $100? The little I do know is that the pink Ambers, or Russian pink, were and LE, right? Is there a difference between a pink amber and a Russian pink amber?

Please tell me what you know! Very Happy
Anna
Anna
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

http://www.angelofgrace.com

Back to top Go down

Tell me about your Ambers Empty Re: Tell me about your Ambers

Post by Troll Boi Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:20 am

The Russian Pink Ambers were a limited edition release from I guess 3 years ago (this coming Valentine's Day). They are gorgeous!! I have several. I can post a picture tomorrow. They vary in size and shape a lot just like the OOAK Ambers. When I could buy them at my LD they retailed for 56 USDs. They however ARE still available from Lund most dealers have just stopped ordering them now...They come in kits of 6.
Troll Boi
Troll Boi
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaidspurse Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:35 am

I think the pink ambers were Valentine 2009 and sold for the current amber price back then. 100 $ is a lot, but they get harder to find each. Month!b
But don't get me started on ambers as I'm a real addict ;-)
mermaidspurse
mermaidspurse
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Troll Boi Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:28 am

mermaidspurse wrote:
But don't get me started on ambers as I'm a real addict ;-)

I second that!! Shocked Shocked Shocked
Troll Boi
Troll Boi
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Anna Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:58 pm

Troll Boi wrote: When I could buy them at my LD they retailed for 56 USDs. They however ARE still available from Lund most dealers have just stopped ordering them now...They come in kits of 6.

I'm looking forward to seeing your TB, although now that I think of it, I think I've seen some already! I LOVE your beads!

Now thinking of the sets, when I was at my LD yesterday, she was ordering in sets of 10. And she had a set of 10 that she showed me. Talk about variety! But you say sets of 6, I wonder if that has changed.

They are so warm in color and really draw you in. I'm looking forward to owning my first. Very Happy
Anna
Anna
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Chewbacca Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:35 am

I think the regular OOAK amber sets that dealers can order come in sets of at least 10 (maybe 12?), but the limited Russian ambers came in sets of six.
Chewbacca
Chewbacca
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollTech Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:42 am

Chewbacca wrote:I think the regular OOAK amber sets that dealers can order come in sets of at least 10 (maybe 12?), but the limited Russian ambers came in sets of six.
I have to look into this... I would love a set... Thanks for asking Anna and starting this thread...
TrollTech
TrollTech
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

http://plsweb.com/Academic-Programs/PLS-Instructors/Gretchen-Rip

Back to top Go down

Post by Anna Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:14 am

TrollTech wrote:
Chewbacca wrote:I think the regular OOAK amber sets that dealers can order come in sets of at least 10 (maybe 12?), but the limited Russian ambers came in sets of six.
I have to look into this... I would love a set... Thanks for asking Anna and starting this thread...

You're welcome! I saw the order form today, they are sets of 12. She's ordered a couple, can't wait to see them. But still after that Russian Amber.
Anna
Anna
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Silmaril Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:22 pm

I think $100 is too much. The pink ambers were originally $50 each. They are usually $55 here, same as other ambers. I bought about 20 last year, for myself and a number of TBS friends. My dealer has a beautiful new uncut kit of 6 just in. I am tempted, but she had priced them at $70 each this time, which I don't want to encourage. I'll take a piccie next time I am there and show you.
Silmaril
Silmaril
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Lollipop Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:13 pm

Hi,
I too think that $100 is overpriced... Evil or Very Mad
I've been watching a few on ebay US and they tend to go for about £40 GBP (about $64 USD?).
If you can find them in the UK (some places do still have them) they are £35 GBP.
I've even seen some reduced as they have not always been popular where I live Shocked
Lollipop
Lollipop
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Paixxx Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:40 pm

Silmaril wrote:I think $100 is too much. The pink ambers were originally $50 each. They are usually $55 here, same as other ambers. I bought about 20 last year, for myself and a number of TBS friends. My dealer has a beautiful new uncut kit of 6 just in. I am tempted, but she had priced them at $70 each this time, which I don't want to encourage. I'll take a piccie next time I am there and show you.

Oooh, I'm looking forward to seeing that pic.

$70 doesn't seem too bad when you look at the silly prices being asked for them elsewhere.

Paixxx
Paixxx
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lengoa Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:25 pm

OK

Last edited by Tiffany on Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lengoa
Lengoa
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Paixxx Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:30 am

Lengoa wrote:I have gotten the amber fever (actually I have donated one carved amber to your letherbracelet), so the beads I am buying for the moment are most ambers. I just love thoose facettet, carved, zig-zag once we have seen in the last couple of month.
And lately I have seen some colourless - WOW - I like them.

So yes I have the fever Laugh

I bought an amber the other week which looked like it had some kind of insect in it. After I'd paid for it I realised it was just the reflection of the chain on the bead. Luckily it was an amber still worth having Smile
Paixxx
Paixxx
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lollipop Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:26 pm

colourless ones?? I'd love to see a pic of those!!!
Lollipop
Lollipop
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:34 pm

Here are mine. I purchased them in a kit of six and paid 172 euros, about 233usd.

Tell me about your Ambers IMG_0741

Individually, I have paid up to 60 usd.
Carla
Carla
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by trollmoll Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:44 pm

I am hoping that Trollbeads will re-release them at some point. I've used my 3 quite a bit more than the regular ambers. That's interesting news, Troll Boi, that Lund still has a few sets. Not sure with all the upheaval whether dealers will be able to get them. $100 is a bit rich for me. I happened on 2 of the last ones from 2 stores for around $50 and lucked into a nice one from another collector I met for $60. The sites that still have them are asking around $100.
trollmoll
trollmoll
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Silmaril Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:51 am

My dealer broke up her new kit of Russian ambers for me on Saturday. I took the two roundies. One is really spectacular, half transparent, the other a lovely big chubby one:
Tell me about your Ambers DSC05639
They were $70 each, which I am not really happy about: but I still did it Rolling Eyes
Silmaril
Silmaril
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by bead-aholic Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:02 pm

I bought 10 of these in Germany. I couldn't help myself. I knew how much they cost in the States and to see a most delicious selection of Russian ambers in the store.........OMG!!! She even gave me a deal. I want to say they were 40 euro each, but then I got 2 (I think) free. I was so happy. They are so beautiful. I'd love to see pictures of how you all use yours. Mine don't get worn too much because I don't know what to use with them. HELP!
bead-aholic
bead-aholic
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down