BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Show your retired pink prism combinations

+35
LoopyLou
neonfiller
Smaug
hefring
TrollBlossom
lindakm
kitsunegrl
Geraldine
trollmoll
Kirstin
NMGirl
suzieq
Balaenanun
trollcat
Librarylil
Fairy3
Kathleen
Tatiana
Ellie Rob
angeltroll
BeadThrilled
Merlyn
snowy
Tee
Silmaril
Wildthing
Beadgirl
Brightonbelle
speedy
eeyore
trollgirly
beadiack
GWENWHYFAR
TrollRose
Catsworld
39 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Show your retired pink prism combinations - Page 3 Empty Re: Show your retired pink prism combinations

Post by Geraldine Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:57 am

Tee wrote: Question Didn't know there was a story to it! Just told by staff that they had none left. Haha, spill the beans.

OK. The bits that are printable without incriminating anyone.

I hadn't been collecting very long before the PP came out, and I didn't realise the significance of the whole thing.

I was going over to Chermside to get one for myself and innocently asked if anyone else wanted one. Several did, so I got 7.
Chermside also didn't know much about the bead. I told them upfront that I was buying for friends OS and they didn't have a problem with it.
By the time I got home, and back on the forum, there were heaps more people wanting them. I rang the shop back and asked if it was OK to buy more. They said yes and put them aside for me.

Then the shit hit the fan. Someone rang the store and abused them, for 10 minutes, for letting me buy so many to send OS. I'm not sure but I think the distributor might have not been best pleased either. I had other Aussies unhappy because they were getting pestered to do the same and some from OS had multiple trollfairies but didn't tell me, so they got a bigger share than they probably should have.
It was a total feeding frenzy.
News must have really got around because I went to Ma Vie, for the first time about a month ago, and when they saw I had two PPs they asked if I was Geraldine, and knew all about me. I was gob smacked.
Chermside were actually very nice. I had a long talk to them and they agreed I'd done nothing wrong and that they didn't know they shouldn't have sold so many to one person.

It was a VERY steep learning curve for a relative newby.

Geraldine
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Show your retired pink prism combinations - Page 3 Empty Re: Show your retired pink prism combinations

Post by Tee Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:12 pm

Geraldine wrote:
Tee wrote: Question Didn't know there was a story to it! Just told by staff that they had none left. Haha, spill the beans.

I hadn't been collecting very long before the PP came out, and I didn't realise the significance of the whole thing.

I was going over to Chermside to get one for myself and innocently asked if anyone else wanted one. Several did, so I got 7.
Chermside also didn't know much about the bead. I told them upfront that I was buying for friends OS and they didn't have a problem with it.
By the time I got home, and back on the forum, there were heaps more people wanting them. I rang the shop back and asked if it was OK to buy more. They said yes and put them aside for me.

Then the shit hit the fan. Someone rang the store and abused them, for 10 minutes, for letting me buy so many to send OS. I'm not sure but I think the distributor might have not been best pleased either. I had other Aussies unhappy because they were getting pestered to do the same and some from OS had multiple trollfairies but didn't tell me, so they got a bigger share than they probably should have.
News must have really got around because I went to Ma Vie, for the first time about a month ago, and when they saw I had two PPs they asked if I was Geraldine, and knew all about me. I was gob smacked.
Chermside were actually very nice. I had a long talk to them and they agreed I'd done nothing wrong and that they didn't know they shouldn't have sold so many to one person.

OMG. Well I for one think it was lovely of you to think about others! I got mine from another store. The girls at Chermside are lovely, they just said they had sold out. Very Happy

Tee
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Geraldine Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:37 pm

I'm pretty sure they did manage to get some more in for their VIP customers.

David Scott Interiors at Ascot got some in quite a while after everyone else had sold out.

Geraldine
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by trollcat Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:55 pm

Geraldine wrote:
trollcat wrote:
Geraldine wrote:
Silmaril wrote:I just kept one of the 17 I found so far.

17 Shocked Shocked Shocked

I thought I was bad at 11. Embarassed

Geraldine she trollferried all but 1! How wonderful is that!!!! Hug flower I love you

I kept two. The rest all went OS.

Goodness !!!! Hug Group hug all around!! flower I love you sunny
trollcat
trollcat
Bead Whisperer

Back to top Go down

Post by trollcat Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:59 pm

And reading your story, goodness again, what an introduction into the world of sought-after Trollbeads you've had! It can get quite scary as you've discovered.
trollcat
trollcat
Bead Whisperer

Back to top Go down

Post by kitsunegrl Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:31 pm

The pink prism is a wonderful addition to a collection!

I am currently wearing mine with my Secret Santa gift, the Whirling Adventure bead![img]Show your retired pink prism combinations - Page 3 Pink_p10[/img]
kitsunegrl
kitsunegrl
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:11 pm

Geraldine wrote:I'm pretty sure they did manage to get some more in for their VIP customers.

David Scott Interiors at Ascot got some in quite a while after everyone else had sold out.

That's where I got mine from! Very Happy

Tee
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by lindakm Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:28 pm

Geraldine wrote:

Yes, it certainly was an initiation by fire for you, Geraldine. I only kept two of the 11 I got also, but through a silly accident involving changing a lightbulb and the bathroom floor, broke one. pale That was a bad day. Since been rectified, though. Very Happy
lindakm
lindakm
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollBlossom Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:05 pm

Catsworld--your PP looks great with the Sakura bead.
TrollBlossom
TrollBlossom
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

https://www.facebook.com/heather.mcdougall.5 http://www.pinterest.com/izziebean5095/

Back to top Go down

Post by Beadgirl Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:09 pm

Wildthing wrote:Kathleen, that is simply amazing.

I agree! Fabulous. Smile
Beadgirl
Beadgirl
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollBlossom Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:19 pm

speedy wrote:I am still waiting for the Pink Prism my parents got for me to arrive from Australia, but couldn't wait to wear this one

Show your retired pink prism combinations - Page 3 045-1

I LOVE your dillos! Perfect shade of lavender. Gorgeous with the PP on your FN.
TrollBlossom
TrollBlossom
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

https://www.facebook.com/heather.mcdougall.5 http://www.pinterest.com/izziebean5095/

Back to top Go down

Post by hefring Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:59 pm

Gorgeous design, Kathleen.

I'm not a pink lady and don't have a pink prism, but I really love to see all your beautiful combos with it.
hefring
hefring
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:20 pm

Some absolutely gorgeous necklaces and bracelets. I need to work on one.

Tee
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsworld Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:24 pm

I am absolutely surprise how many beautiful designs came up in this thread! Thanks everybody for showing their combos! cheers
Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollRose Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:33 am

kitsunegrl wrote:The pink prism is a wonderful addition to a collection!

I am currently wearing mine with my Secret Santa gift, the Whirling Adventure bead![img]Show your retired pink prism combinations - Page 3 Pink_p10[/img]

I like your unusual combo Kitsunegrl !!!!
TrollRose
TrollRose
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie Rob Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:57 pm

Loving seeing all the combos, by the time I have gone mine this thread will probably have been forgotten about!
Ellie Rob
Ellie Rob
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by kitsunegrl Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:39 pm

We can never forget about pink prisms...they are too glorious!
kitsunegrl
kitsunegrl
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Smaug Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:03 pm

I was able to order 6 pink prism through B4U last time to forward to members and got one prism Trollfairied from Oz Love which I kept after some consideration.

Had not been a fan of the OPP when they were still available. But having turned into a sought after bead I certainly wanted to see (again) for myself what was so special about the bead while it didn't appeal a few years ago.
Must admit the specific all pink color attracts me, but I had a hard time putting it together with other beads at first. Luckily I've got a bit more beads these days, than a few years ago... Rolling Eyes

Finally had a bit time today for some bead play after baking Christmas cookies with Roos (now Sleeping) for the SS packages...
Show your retired pink prism combinations - Page 3 Fb9a8510

and an updated version of one of my Japanese WTB bracelets...
Show your retired pink prism combinations - Page 3 70e11110

Which one would you prefer ? Wink
Smaug
Smaug
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/beadthrilled http://pinterest.com/source/beadthrilled.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fairy3 Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:05 pm

i think i prefer the first but i don't know why?
Fairy3
Fairy3
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:05 pm

The Pink Prism looks wonderful next to your gorgeous new bronze coloured Triple Pearl.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollRose Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:06 pm

Love the first one Smaug !!!!
Love the mixture of colours there !!!!
TrollRose
TrollRose
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by NMGirl Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:16 pm

The PP does seem to be made for the Sakura bead... the pinks seem almost exact. Pretty!
NMGirl
NMGirl
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by neonfiller Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:36 pm

Here are my combos using the pink prism..
Show your retired pink prism combinations - Page 3 _DSC7180

Show your retired pink prism combinations - Page 3 _DSC7183
neonfiller
neonfiller
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie Rob Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:52 pm

Stunning photos neonfiller I love you
Ellie Rob
Ellie Rob
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsworld Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:19 pm

Neonfiller, that is beautiful!
Smaug, they are so special, Smaug style I would say... wish I could come up with the same, the colours are so well chosen, wanted to put my pp into the box, now I have to play again.. Very Happy
Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next