BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OOAK amber prices

+7
trollfinder
trollmoll
TrollRose
Brightonbelle
Bsktbabe
trollgirly
ceruleanbluebird
11 posters

Go down

OOAK amber prices Empty OOAK amber prices

Post by ceruleanbluebird Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:30 am

I am relatively new to TB collecting. I really appreciate the OOAK ambers, but I am confused as there seems to be different price points. Can someone explain this to me? I just purchased three AWESOME ambers from an online US dealer that were $59 each (I wish it were a trunk show day No ). I was sad to pay the price, but they were extraordinary: a alabaster bead with debris slashing it through it like a vein, a clover with sparkle inside, and a circular more translucent green amber with flecks. I would have bought more, but my bead money was depleted.

My LD (silver) ordered a set of six OOAK ambers, but was going to sell them individually for $43. So confusing!
ceruleanbluebird
ceruleanbluebird
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

OOAK amber prices Empty Re: OOAK amber prices

Post by trollgirly Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:31 am

I think they depend on size and perhaps detail? have been to a dealer where she had her ooak ambers in 3 price categories...From smallest being the cheapest to largest being the more expensive.
trollgirly
trollgirly
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Bsktbabe Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:47 am

I can't say this with 100% certainty, but I think the TB dealers pay the same for all ambers. I believe they buy them in kits. I have paid as little as $35 each and as much as $58. The stores where I have bought most of mine charge the same regardless of size or if it is carved etc.

Bsktbabe
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

http://www.longaberger.com/beckymitchell

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:14 am

The official Trollbeads stockists in the UK are expected to sell amber beads for £35 whatever size or shape they are. They buy them in kits and have no control over whether they are sent interesting or dull beads, large or small. Many of the smaller LDs, such as mine, will only buy amber OOAKs if you commit in advance to buying the full kit. They have been left with too many small dull overpriced beads that nobody will buy.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollRose Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:32 am

would love to see a picture of your ambers cerulanbluebird !!
have no idea what the prices are here in Belgium,my 2 LD don't sell them,so have not had the pleasure of meeting any Wink

so would love to see yours....
TrollRose
TrollRose
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by trollmoll Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:40 pm

I believe that there is a minimum price that dealers can charge but no maximum. A couple of years ago there was an online dealer charging $100+. Needless to say, they had to lower their prices.
trollmoll
trollmoll
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by trollfinder Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:23 pm

Congrats on your new ambers! I can't wait to see them in a combo. You picked some gorgeous ones-I know because had them on my wish list, LOL Laughing
I just ordered 2 myself-a cool looking rough cut one and a dark speckled one Wink that store has always charged more for their ambers. They ususally have very nice ones, I got some great faceted ambers from them last year. I sympathize with you about the price though, I would have liked a few more also. My LD will not order the unique ambers because I buy the best out of the bunch and the rest do not sell. I think that is why this store charges so much. My LD charges $45 for their amber uniques.
trollfinder
trollfinder
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Silmaril Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:32 pm

They sound beautiful. In Australia all the ambers are $55, regardless of size or other features. The exception seems to be the pink LE ambers, my LD is selling her remaining ones for $70 Neutral Dealers are wary of ordering ambers for the reasons mentioned above. Most won't buy a new kit until the old one is sold.
Silmaril
Silmaril
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by trollcat Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:56 pm

Bsktbabe wrote:I can't say this with 100% certainty, but I think the TB dealers pay the same for all ambers. I believe they buy them in kits. I have paid as little as $35 each and as much as $58. The stores where I have bought most of mine charge the same regardless of size or if it is carved etc.
Agree This has been my experience too.
Beware, ambers tend to multiply Shocked and not pay mind to your piggy bank.
trollcat
trollcat
Bead Whisperer

Back to top Go down

Post by ceruleanbluebird Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:35 am

Thank you all for your answers. At my first trunk show, I got a OOAK medium/dark amber with big flecks for $35. This shop sells everything they stock at list price, no matter what, so maybe that is what ambers are supposed to sell for in the US? I will definitely continue to support that shop. The other ambers I own is a WT Baltic Gold and a pair of pink ambers that I got on e*** from a trusted source of a forum member.

I agree that ambers are addicting. I have seen many nice combos out there with just ambers, and ambers mixed with gemstones. I will most likely mix mine with my favorite Picasso Jaspers.

I will have to find the posts on how to upload photos, because I tried once and it was not easy and I gave up.

ceruleanbluebird
ceruleanbluebird
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Babsbeads Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:41 pm

We sell all of our Unique Ambers for $43 each, no matter what they look like.
Babsbeads
Babsbeads
Trollbeads Retailer

Back to top Go down

Post by ceruleanbluebird Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:43 am

Here are my ambers...

OOAK amber prices Img1999lc.th
ceruleanbluebird
ceruleanbluebird
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down