BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Promotions and Holiday Shopping -- best time to buy

+2
plumbun
beadiack
6 posters

Go down

Promotions and Holiday Shopping -- best time to buy Empty Promotions and Holiday Shopping -- best time to buy

Post by beadiack Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:39 am

I'm making up my Christmas shopping list. I thought I'd get some bead kits for my 2 daughters and my son's girlfriend.

My question is, are there, typically, special holiday promotions to take advantage of? Does anyone know what's in the offing?

My LD is having a little event next week. One of the glassblowers will be doing a demonstration. The dealer is hinting about some promotion but won't say what it is. Meanwhile, another one says if I come in early when she's not busy she will let me put together "kits" of my own choosing and give me the price advantage.

But I wonder, the economy being what it is and holiday sales likely to reflect that, if there might not be some real incentive to come.

Anyone know or have thoughts? Thanks in advance.

beadiack
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Promotions and Holiday Shopping -- best time to buy Empty Re: Promotions and Holiday Shopping -- best time to buy

Post by plumbun Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:20 am

hey bediack! i agree!! bring on the incentives!!! (cricket...cricket--j.k.) idk if this is what you mean by incentive, b/c you are prob familiar with these, but there should be some special events (formerly "trunk shows") at shops around the holidays--late Nov-mid Dec., depending on LD, that last for 3-4 days. we can buy 3 get one free (some might have it as buy 4 get one free, etc.) and get other "specials."

would love to learn about even better Laughing specials than these from folks b/c i'm otherwise ignorant!!

it might be worth checking TBUniverse closer to that time (dunno if this is comprehensive). here are some for Sept.:
http://www.trollbeadsuniverse.com/united-states/en-us/special-events

at times different LDs are also "allowed" to run a "spend $125 get $25 on your next purchase.'' (in best case scenarios they let us apply that to our current purchases with them to get $25 off then and there.) maybe ask your LD?

seems like on one hand Troll dictates what they can and can't do...but on the other...i'm w/you! (what's a MSRP in an economic downturn!!??) Wink Wink Wink
plumbun
plumbun
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Promotions and Holiday Shopping -- best time to buy Empty Re: Promotions and Holiday Shopping -- best time to buy

Post by Babsbeads Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:57 am

We do our event black Friday and saturday. I'm sure were not the only one.
Babsbeads
Babsbeads
Trollbeads Retailer

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:11 am

Babsbeads wrote:We do our event black Friday and saturday. I'm sure were not the only one.

May we get details of the Black Friday/Saturday events for planing purposes, please?? Three for four?? Free bracelet with lock?? Leather and silvers??

Thanks!
Carla
Carla
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by pandapharm Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:29 am

Carla wrote:
Babsbeads wrote:We do our event black Friday and saturday. I'm sure were not the only one.

May we get details of the Black Friday/Saturday events for planing purposes, please?? Three for four?? Free bracelet with lock?? Leather and silvers??

Thanks!

seconded!! I'm a Troll newbie still...please enlighten us! Very Happy
pandapharm
pandapharm
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Babsbeads Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:31 am

Buy three get one
Free bracelet with decorative clasp
Discounted gold and 2 tone

My undying gratitude Smile

Please note this is what we are doing. Other dealers may choose to do other things when they have an event.

Last edited by Babsbeads on Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:46 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Babsbeads
Babsbeads
Trollbeads Retailer

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:32 am

Babsbeads wrote:Buy three get one
Free bracelet with decorative clasp
Discounted gold and 2 tone

My undying gratitude Smile

Sounds great....I will be planning for B/Friday:))
Carla
Carla
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by beadiack Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:02 am

I'm not familiar with jack! Wink I wasn't buying TB last Christmas. By the time graduation and birthdays came along I was so I got the ladies I'm talking about starter bracelets but, of course, those were not national or traditional shopping seasons that TB or dealers would be planning for, nor were they aware of the need to compete with other retailers for the gift-buying bucks.

Just seems like there could be a reason to create incentives for Christmas/Hannukah/Kwaanza/etc and I'd want to plan my buying to take advantage.

beadiack
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Babsbeads Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:09 am

We can choose when to have our events. We have to have at least one. We do ours black Friday and Saturday. We do another one the week before valentines day and the week before mothers day.

One thing we have for our ladies is Norman Love Chocolates. Google it if you don't know them.
Babsbeads
Babsbeads
Trollbeads Retailer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pond Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:33 am

In my area the LDs have "trunk sales" at Valentine's Day, Mothers' Day, Sweetest Day and sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas. One of my dealers is what was known as a Platinum dealer and the others are Gold dealers.
Pond
Pond
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down