BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To wear anniversary beads or not necklace now with Pink Prisms

+28
Treeinwind
Omgbeads
unicorn1976
Trollfee
Kira
MissBeetle
Kensington
Carla
eeyore
lindakm
Beadgirl
Chuck
soxfan
Jules
Fuzzyfeet
Artemis
Wildthing
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Trolls
LindaJo
Guinivere
pmom
vonnewe
Trollbear
Rainbow
Molamola
Brightonbelle
GRUMPY
32 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

To wear anniversary beads or not necklace now with Pink Prisms Empty To wear anniversary beads or not necklace now with Pink Prisms

Post by GRUMPY Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:53 pm

My anniversary bracelet, I never wear it, but now with the continual re releases of retired beads, I have put aside the stribe, the caterpillar, the pearl and anniversary prism so they wont get damaged and if I wear the rest on a necklace what about this?

What's the point of owning it if I dont wear it? Some other artisan and additional tb beads added

what do you think? It's so hard, do I devalue the goods if the silver and gold get scratches of wearing them.. Or just enjoy and wear..like all the other beads I wear.

To wear anniversary beads or not necklace now with Pink Prisms 30082011149
To wear anniversary beads or not necklace now with Pink Prisms 30082011151To wear anniversary beads or not necklace now with Pink Prisms 30082011153a

and very troll feeling with the extra faces, a bit of cheeky bling bling, the look alike anniversary beads with a twist..;-)with the prisms after all where else would I put them.. and... the colour is a perfect match with the stribe.

To wear anniversary beads or not necklace now with Pink Prisms 01092011190To wear anniversary beads or not necklace now with Pink Prisms 01092011196

Last edited by GRUMPY on Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional photo)
GRUMPY
GRUMPY
Trolldiva

http://www.paula4u.net

Back to top Go down

To wear anniversary beads or not necklace now with Pink Prisms Empty Re: To wear anniversary beads or not necklace now with Pink Prisms

Post by Brightonbelle Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:57 pm

It is very lovely but I think that you have to decide whether it is an investment piece (if so put it back in the box and hope that the prices stay high) or a piece of jewellery to enjoy. Silver definitely wears with use.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

To wear anniversary beads or not necklace now with Pink Prisms Empty Re: To wear anniversary beads or not necklace now with Pink Prisms

Post by GRUMPY Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:11 pm

mmmm brightonbelle,, i feel the same.. silver definately wears so does gold.. sigh..
GRUMPY
GRUMPY
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Molamola Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:15 pm

I don't see the point of owning it if not to wear it. I don't think buying TBs as purely investment pieces is a good bet. I feel that the peak for that is possibly past now. I'd either wear and enjoy or sell if it was me.
Molamola
Molamola
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:16 pm

Go wear it!!!!!!
Rainbow
Rainbow
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:19 pm

I would wear it and accept that it is just a piece of jewellery or sell it for as much as you possibly can get for it now and forget it.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollbear Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:28 pm

i think enjoy it, surely its what you bought it for. maybe save the caterpillar in a safe place- your artisans are great 'replicas'. this bracelet so far has survived 5 years with still lots of interest so i think it will still keep its value, even with some wear
Trollbear
Trollbear
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollbear Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:29 pm

after all, the beads on d4e still sold for loads more than their original retail price and they were filthy looking!
Trollbear
Trollbear
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by vonnewe Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:37 pm

Love your anniversarycombo....i wouldn´t take it off Laughing
vonnewe
vonnewe
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by pmom Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:25 am

Enjoy and wear it. On the necklace it will get less wear.

pmom
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guinivere Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:56 am

I think you should wear it, as a bracelet or necklace, however you like it. But do wear it. The old beads that have been lovingly worn are just as sought after as the "like new" old beads.

In fact, now that you've reminded me, I think I'll wear my Anniversary bracelet tomorrow. Smile
Guinivere
Guinivere
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by LindaJo Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:16 am

Wear it.
LindaJo
LindaJo
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Trolls Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:24 am

It looks great and I think that you should wear and enjoy your beads!
Or maybe you are like me...I find it very soothing just looking in the bead box Laughing
Trolls
Trolls
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Mac (Dot) Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:43 am

I love this - you should wear it! Are those cats artisans with a diamond? They are brilliant!
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Trolldiva

http://www.wikibeadia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildthing Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:29 am

I agree with everyone else and say wear it or sell it and buy things you will wear, life is too short.

I would never think of them as an investment, buy only what you love because you love it.
Wildthing
Wildthing
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:52 am

I'm with everyone else, wear it! I see no point in having something and then leave it lying around in a box! Very Happy
Artemis
Artemis
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzyfeet Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:23 am

I love your blingy Cats ! Laughing
Fuzzyfeet
Fuzzyfeet
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by GRUMPY Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:55 am

mmmm I think I will start wearing it as a necklace..

after all unless I get struck by bankruptcy ((I would have to sell) but it already has a new home to go to in the far far far far long time yet to go... distant very distant future.. Very Happy thanks all..

I hope the peak of value of beads has not gone by, as there are simply too many collectors now worldwide. Each individual collector will be very aware of how much they paid for their trinkets.

I trust, the manufacturers and dealers are doing what they do best Make Money and if this is the peak for them then sell sell sell... but to be honest.. they are underselling the trollbead habit but as a commercial entreprise the object is to make money..

There are investors that ride for the long run, not the short run. I'm longterm, investment is always a gamble, I have lost and won, I have sold, gained, lost, gained. Always back to a nice balance longterm. Life isn't about money it's about health and happiness. Invest longterm is far more stable than anything else, at least you know when you are going to lose... and are prepared. Never invest your monies unless you can afford to lose it.

Trollbeads are/is my doll's house I play with it. It's relaxing, I have everything in life, beautiful daughters, grandchildren, loving husband, my own scooter (hihiihihihi), and so so much more.. just lack the odd pennie at times.. (who doesnot?).

I think I shall wear it .. Very Happy Caution silvers do seriously wear by the way, in particular if you put it inside that trolltree.. just looked at my mink still love it though. I tend to wear semi precious stones on necklaces only and unless I drop them.. they should have little wear.
GRUMPY
GRUMPY
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:05 am

Good decision Grumpy...wear and enjoy I think Smile Like clothes ..don't save them for that special day just wear them ..err unless it is one of those fascinators and you would have to be very brave to wear it on the school run Wink
Jules
Jules
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by soxfan Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:42 pm

beautiful! I would wear it. But I would wear the bracelet, too. Can I ask who made your artisan cats? Very Happy
soxfan
soxfan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuck Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:20 pm

Jules wrote:Good decision Grumpy...wear and enjoy I think Smile Like clothes ..don't save them for that special day just wear them ..err unless it is one of those fascinators and you would have to be very brave to wear it on the school run Wink
Agree
Wear them in great health and enjoy them!
Chuck
Chuck
Troll Magus

Back to top Go down

Post by GRUMPY Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:02 pm

soxfan wrote:beautiful! I would wear it. But I would wear the bracelet, too. Can I ask who made your artisan cats? Very Happy

Bead Impressions but... they were not only hard to make but the CZ have been troublesome. She's an excellent artist.
GRUMPY
GRUMPY
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Beadgirl Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:03 pm

The pink and blue prisms look good together. Smile
Beadgirl
Beadgirl
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by LindaJo Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:23 pm

You're right, Grumpy, the pink prisms look good with the anniversary stribes.
LindaJo
LindaJo
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by lindakm Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:40 pm

They are there for your pleasure. If it pleases you to wear them, then WEAR THEM. If it pleases you more to look at them in a box, then look at them. I know which one I'd be doing! The necklace is stunning!
lindakm
lindakm
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next