BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rolling Waves

+33
Carla
tat2dnproud
LindaJo
Trollfan
Elsie
busy bee
Dinmi
Fleur
mermaidspurse
Trolldog
ZAKLINZ
Pond
splinty
maelstrom
Trolls
TrollTech
Trollsister
Merlyn
Artemis
kitsunegrl
snowy
harmony
bijouxbabz
rollypoly troll
Kathleen
lisa
ahmotheroftwo
Chuck
naranja
LoopyLou
Brightonbelle
Molamola
Catsworld
37 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Rolling Waves - Page 2 Empty Re: Rolling Waves

Post by Catsworld Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:16 am

hi,

so many answers Wow
o.k,
@ LoopyLou
please no punishment, show mercy... Smile but I will try my best..

@Naranja
I have not posted the first one, I only had a quick go with my daily changing bracelet

@bijouxbabz
I also wanted it for my kimono bracelet, but it would not show there very well

@kitsunegrl
so you think it is a secret pleasure bead, that made me smile on a day where everything went wrong, thanx! I love you

@Pond and Trolltech
can hardly wait to see the new fall beads irl... there are really some very nice beads

@All
thank you for your nice comments, the bead is not an easy to use-instantly be happy bead, I will have to do more "playing"

I think, generally speaking, there are beads that look good on pics, there are bracelets that look good on pics,
however, they are there for wearing and there they have to prove themselves, are they picture beads or are they going to be much loved, always worn beads, I have beads of either kind, but that would be worth looking at separately.

Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by ZAKLINZ Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:56 am

A thing that I like to do with a bead that I want to showcase is place it between two stoppers on the bracelet. I usually do this by the clasp, but anywhere else would work fine too. It may seem a little odd, but it works for me and it would give this bead the all-over view that you say it needs. Its another reason why I would vote for some more decorative, not simply functional, stoppers. Smile
ZAKLINZ
ZAKLINZ
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsworld Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:27 am

I have also been thinking of how to show this bead off at it's best, and I will try tomorrow to put it on a mini bracelet, taking up your idea with the stoppers, and to have more decorative stoppers Agree
however, the bead is nicely rolling over on the bracelet, and I hope sincerely that the exotic bird will not flop, I have the TB owl, beautiful bead but either you ignore it or it drives you insane and the bead will end up in the bead box ...never worn...
I don't like beads that you always have to put straight on a bracelet!
Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollsister Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:03 am

So, maybe this bead will show best if placed at the beginning or end of a bracelet, on a mini bracelet, on a fantasy chain, or sitting between mini beads...it will be interesting to see everyone's ideas in use!

Might it have worked better if they had made this bead a bit taller? (not wider though) so the curl of the waves would be visible over the beads sitting next to it...not too tall though:). Still think it is very pretty as is!
Trollsister
Trollsister
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Trolldog Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:05 am

The bead is lovely. I know I will have to have one, but I am sure there will be many inspirational ideas posted before I get one.

Your combo is fabulous!!!
Trolldog
Trolldog
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Molamola Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:27 am

Pearls are another good way to showcase a particular bead as are prisms. I suspect the "fiddle factor" will be the making of it but I look forward to seeing it IRL so I can decide for myself.

I don't really understand why beads flipping is a problem
on a bracelet. The nature of the thing is that all the beads roll up and down your arms. All the beads move and flip but it's only noticeable on the asymmetric ones or ones which obviously have a top or bottom. What is the correct orientation anyway? Facing others or facing yourself? It's purely subjective. I like playing with the beads and adjusting them as the day goes on. If I wanted a static piece I wouldn't have this kind of jewellry.
Molamola
Molamola
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaidspurse Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:21 am

It looks lovely and your combo is super too! I hoped mine would arrive today as I got one out of the people's bead contest, but either TB HQ or the post is slow, it's not here yet Neutral !
I don't mind that the design can only be seen from the side, I like the idea of a 'hidden' treasure. Isn't it the same with the trefoil knot, three in one and all the more 'slender' beads? You only see the 'bumps' from above when you put them on a stuffed bracelet. So either leave just one other bead off to have the beads move more freely or put it on a leather on it's own or with a few other beads to 'celebrate' it!
mermaidspurse
mermaidspurse
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsworld Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:22 am

hi Molamola,

I also love the moving of the beads and I love the "noise" they make, still, I don't find it very pretty to have beads that are always the wrong way round on my wrist,
correct orientation? they have to face me not others, flower Very Happy , I am very egoistic in that matter,
people are diffent ... Very Happy and that is good!
Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:55 am

Rolling Waves is such a lovely bead - much better than I'd expected.
Your bracelet is just gorgeous!

Reading the discussion above, I wonder, how RW will look on a leather bracelet?
At least, this is where I'm planning to wear it (one day, when I will have got it......... ) Very Happy
Fleur
Fleur
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinmi Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:16 am

Thanks Catsworld! I love your combo I love you and I see what you mean about the placement of the RW. I hadn't realized this so thanks for the heads up. I am still debating whether I must have this one, will go and look at it IRL.
Dinmi
Dinmi
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by busy bee Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:18 am

I love the combination you have put it with and also see all the points youi raised. I do like it but I was secretly hoping that the 2 parts would roll all the time, like on a ballbearing ring or something but I guess that would be very difficult and expensive to make.

busy bee
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Elsie Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:41 pm

Looks great!!!
Elsie
Elsie
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsworld Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:18 pm

thank you again for your replies Very Happy
I made another combo this morning, for me, the best way is to put it like mermaidspurse advised, just to leave a bit of room, put it between a prism maybe and a bead you really love so you can spot it immediately, I love the bead and I keep looking all the time at it from sideways, haven't tried the FN yet, leather bracelet could also be very nice, but I haven't got one.

I am very impatient to see other people's designs, surely somebody else has already bought the RW's Very Happy
Keep fingers crossed for Mermaidspurse that her bead arrives soon, and of course her designs that are always so admirable.

Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollfan Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:57 pm

Catsworld wrote:
I am very impatient to see other people's designs, surely somebody else has already bought the RW's Very Happy

Very Happy Very Happy I am still deciding if I really want it....it looks very beautiful on the side especially ! thanks for the pics.

Trollfan
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by LindaJo Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:16 pm

Trollsister wrote:So, maybe this bead will show best if placed at the beginning or end of a bracelet, on a mini bracelet, on a fantasy chain, or sitting between mini beads...it will be interesting to see everyone's ideas in use!

Sitting between mini beads, that was my thought. Somewhere, I don't even know on which forum, there is an old post from TrollBoi with his bracelet using the retired tiny Spacers between Picasso Jaspers, specifically done that way so you could see and admire the unique markings on each jasper. That would work well with Rolling Waves, too, I think.
LindaJo
LindaJo
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by tat2dnproud Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:38 pm

Thanks for posting pics of it, I really like it!
tat2dnproud
tat2dnproud
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:09 pm

splinty wrote:Thanks for the pics ~ I still love it, it's nice having the rough with the smooth elements, just like the sea (is it me or does it look a bit like the Baltic mushrooms bead with its shiny caps at some angles?)

I think so too.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:24 am

Thanks for the pictures. I think I will get this one. Very interesting from all sides.
Carla
Carla
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by neonfiller Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:33 am

I can see doubles of this bead on leather. I love this design and the sides are what make it for me.
neonfiller
neonfiller
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by beadiack Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:34 am

Not sure this is a bead I'd buy but if I had one I think I'm another who would put it on a leather bracelet so that the contrast of color and material made it stand out. I think I'd wear it by itself so it was possible to really see it and play with it. Or possibly with a bead on either side kept well at a distance by stoppers.

beadiack
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by hayseed Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:37 am

ZAKLINZ wrote:A thing that I like to do with a bead that I want to showcase is place it between two stoppers on the bracelet. I usually do this by the clasp, but anywhere else would work fine too.Smile

Brilliant idea! cheers Can't believe I haven't thought of that. Not all there Will be trying that will several beads I want to show off at their best. Thank you!!! sunny
hayseed
hayseed
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by trollglass Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:46 am

Wow, love it. Thanks Catsworld! RW has moved right up my wishlist. Prefect on your Scandanavian Shoreline bracelet. I like to give some groups of beads - sometimes national - a special airing loose between stoppers too. I always wear an Urnes Bracelet as well and that makes my wrist more "dressed".
trollglass
trollglass
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2