BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christmas 2016

+12
Natalie Heart
Tealight
Jules
LindaJo
ceruleanbluebird
Mouseoncheese
kyhalfpt
Blairkj
Mayaa
strike
Beady-Eyed
Fleur
16 posters

Go down

Christmas 2016 Empty Christmas 2016

Post by Fleur Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:58 pm

The preview of the Christmas release 2016 is now on ET:

http://www.endangered.trolls.com/trollbeads-christmas-2016-preview/

It will debut on November 4th.

What do you think?

From the pics I like the Budding Pearl Spacer and the coppery glitter glass set.
Fleur
Fleur
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Christmas 2016 Empty Re: Christmas 2016

Post by Beady-Eyed Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:22 pm

Christmas has become a very large release! Shocked So far, nothing is attracting my interest.
Beady-Eyed
Beady-Eyed
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by strike Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:28 pm

Love the copper glitter glass! The "neck bangle" is interesting, but so far out of my price range. And the stars are quite nice, but not for me.

But I hate the rest. Like really have strong feelings of hate. And I usually don't feel that way. Usually if designs don't appeal, I'm happy for my wallet!

"A girl without a bow, is not a girl." Really?? I just find that offensive. I know I shouldn't care, but I do. That just sets the tone for the release for me. I'm particularly disappointed with the "love goat", perhaps because they've taken something that I actually really like and made it an ugly, lumpy mess. One or two of the spacers would actually make interesting necklace designs, but why they would make them into spacers I have no idea.

But that glitter kit. Man, I wish that they didn't have that glitter kit so that I could universally hate the release.
strike
strike
Troll Guru

http://www.blackbootslonglegs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayaa Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:56 pm

strike wrote:

But I hate the rest. Like really have strong feelings of hate.

Whaha laughed so hard!

My opinion, i feel like the red and green glass kit is really uninspired.. like been there done that..
The brownish glitter kit I do like! And the bow spacer, and the stars with stones and pearls.

Not sure if I will buy something, but I do think that some of the brownish glitter beads will look great with my halloween swap bead. Building up the suspense untill i reveal my swap bead Laughing

Last edited by Mayaa on Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
Mayaa
Mayaa
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Blairkj Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:37 pm

Nothing for me.  
I thought the goat was a weird reindeer at first.  
You might be able to take the rubber inserts out of the spacers and use them for a drop on a necklace.  I am not sure how they will work on a bracelet.  Need some real pictures.  
The glitter kit is pretty but I have trouble using glitter beads and some of these have clear glass, which I don't like.
Blairkj
Blairkj
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by kyhalfpt Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:29 pm

I like the necklace--wish it wasn't so expensive--but will have to see in person, hopefully it will be nice an heavy to justify the price tag. The new spacers and glitter glass might be nice, but will need to see in person.

I am confused by the goat. I know there is a silly Christmas song about Dominick the Christmas donkey...so perhaps there also is a Christmas goat.....I did like the Christmas parrot--so maybe they are just picking an animal to add each year that they don't have in the collection....
kyhalfpt
kyhalfpt
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Beady-Eyed Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:10 pm

kyhalfpt wrote:
I am confused by the goat...

Isn't there a goat in Scandinavian Christmas traditions? A Julbok? Doesn't make theirs look any better tho Razz
Beady-Eyed
Beady-Eyed
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayaa Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:18 pm

Beady-eyed, do you mean tbe figures that are made of some kind of straw?
Mayaa
Mayaa
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Beady-Eyed Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:35 am

Mayaa wrote:Beady-eyed, do you mean tbe figures that are made of some kind of straw?

Yes, those are the ones. Apparently in English it's a Yule Goat.
Beady-Eyed
Beady-Eyed
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mouseoncheese Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:49 am

The goat looks like it has escaped from Viz comic

http://viz.co.uk/vibrating-bum-faced-goats/

I hope they do Johnny Fartpants for next Christmas. santa santa
Mouseoncheese
Mouseoncheese
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by ceruleanbluebird Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:46 am

My TB purchases have slowed down considerably. I do admire all of the new stoppers, although I would not buy the pearl ones. Love Goat is wacky and weird.

Who is Johnny Fartpants??
ceruleanbluebird
ceruleanbluebird
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Mouseoncheese Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:16 pm

ceruleanbluebird wrote:My TB purchases have slowed down considerably.  I do admire all of the new stoppers, although I would not buy the pearl ones.  Love Goat is wacky and weird.

Who is Johnny Fartpants??

He is another character from Viz comic:

http://viz.co.uk/

It's a comic aimed at teenage boys and students, full of scatalogical humour and highly improbable characters, also mocks terrible tabloids and celebrity mags. Either it is hilariously funny or puerile depending on your tastes.

Back to the beads, I like the stoppers and the neck bangle, but not its price affraid

Mouseoncheese
Mouseoncheese
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by LindaJo Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:49 pm

strike wrote:"A girl without a bow, is not a girl." Really?? I just find that offensive. I know I shouldn't care, but I do. That just sets the tone for the release for me.

Oh, good grief. I skimmed right over the bows without reading, so I missed that little gem. Yes, that is offensive.

Didn't someone here make a Julbok bead? I was thinking it was you, strike.
Anyway I remember it looking much better, more like the straw goats. And it did not have a heart plastered on its head.

I think the stoppers, er, spacers, are aimed at the new neck thingy. They'd look good on that. But a torq style necklace never seems to fit me, and I doubt this one will. And the price! Yikes.

I like the new zodiac stars. But I have all the old ones, so there's no urgency there for me. On Trollbeads' own website, their preview of the C'mas collection emphasizes the traits or qualities associated with the stones rather than the zodiac signs. Perhaps an echo of the Pandora Essence charms?
LindaJo
LindaJo
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:14 pm

Prices this time around are jaw-dropping I think Shocked . I thought the price was wrong on the Anenome stopper.
Jules
Jules
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Tealight Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:06 pm

I'm quite disappointed with this release, the copper glass is pretty and that's about it. I dont like all the bows.. does this mean I'm not a real girl?

Tealight
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by LindaJo Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:41 am

it means your wallet is freed up to spend on other things!
LindaJo
LindaJo
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by strike Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:27 am

LindaJo wrote:

strike wrote:"A girl without a bow, is not a girl." Really?? I just find that offensive. I know I shouldn't care, but I do. That just sets the tone for the release for me.

Oh, good grief. I skimmed right over the bows without reading, so I missed that little gem. Yes, that is offensive.

Didn't someone here make a Julbok bead? I was thinking it was you, strike.
Anyway I remember it looking much better, more like the straw goats. And it did not have a heart plastered on its head.

I probably should have just looked at the pictures and skipped over the words, too Laughing I would have been better off.

Yes, I made a Julbock last year, based on the little straw decorations. I'm not sure why I love those little decorations, but I do Laughing

I was thinking that perhaps I just don't see their idea for the stoppers. We haven't see the campaign images yet and I imagine that they have some idea of how they suggest using the stoppers on that neck bangle that make them make more sense. I do think that they are very interesting designs, they just lost me by making them into stoppers. scratch
strike
strike
Troll Guru

http://www.blackbootslonglegs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Natalie Heart Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:05 am

I actually like pretty much all the collection, it isn't ugly or anything, I just don't know if I like any of them enough to actually buy.  The prices seem high to me but maybe they are normal for Troll, I haven't been collecting that long.  The glass is nice but nothing I have to have.  I like bows, I don't know that I must have any of these particular bows, but if I like them in live images I see then I might get something.  I actually kind of like the Love Goat, I don't have any of this style of Louise Rimpler animals and I don't really need another series of beads to collect, but I'll see how the Love Goat looks on others' bracelets to decide.  I like the stars but would have a hard time deciding which color to get, usually in those situations I just don't end up getting any of them.

Natalie Heart
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:58 am

I love the glitter set, and the goat is kind of cute despite its really huge hearty schnoozle. I need to see it in rl pictures to decide on that one Smile

As for girls and bows, maybe it makes better sense in Denmark Smile
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by AquaAura Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:03 pm

I like the necklace
Too many bows and not for me....
Glass beads not standing out for me either, might grow on me IRL?
AquaAura
AquaAura
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by harmony Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:10 am

Like the stars, nothing else appeals to me.
harmony
harmony
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Corrie Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:36 pm

I like the necklace and the stars.......
Corrie
Corrie
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down