BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are You Wearing?

+4
strike
Trollperle
Mini Gnome
Beady-Eyed
8 posters

Go down

What are You Wearing? Empty What are You Wearing?

Post by Beady-Eyed Sat May 28, 2016 8:20 pm

Another show your photos topic:  what are you wearing these days?  I always love it when Bluesy (& others?) starts this thread.

I just got a Giant Lotus & love it on a bracelet:
What are You Wearing? Peachy10

This bracelet has a couple of new acquisitions:
What are You Wearing? Onyxbl11
Beady-Eyed
Beady-Eyed
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

What are You Wearing? Empty Re: What are You Wearing?

Post by Mini Gnome Sat May 28, 2016 9:12 pm

My favorite silvers & ambers are the order for the day for me! Good thread topic!What are You Wearing? Image10
Mini Gnome
Mini Gnome
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Mini Gnome Sat May 28, 2016 10:16 pm

PS- Beady eye your bracelets are very pretty!!
Mini Gnome
Mini Gnome
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Sun May 29, 2016 10:07 am

Super pretty bracelets and a wonderful thread Smile

This one I have been wearing most the last two weeks - it looks lovely with all earthy colours and I love it for official dates and for my free time. I wear the bracelet on one arm, the bangle on the other, but they look so lovely together Smile

What are You Wearing? Sparkl10

The leather is a new addition (I had some leather play yesterday Wink ), I will wear it together witht the bangle.

What are You Wearing? Sparkl11

Another creation from yesterday, I played with it a bit and then wore it the whole day, except the fairy that one I took of later because it was a bit too heavy for all-day-use, but I love the look of them together

What are You Wearing? Sorbet10

The bracelet I have had and worn for a few weeks now, the leather is another one from yesterday Smile

What are You Wearing? Schmet13

And this is one of my absolute favourites at the moment - Sushi
We will be going to Sushi Brunch later today with friends and this is what I will be wearing Smile

What are You Wearing? Sushi10
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Sun May 29, 2016 10:48 am

And freshly made and am wearing this one now: Happy Sunday Smile

What are You Wearing? Happy11
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by strike Sun May 29, 2016 7:04 pm

Beautiful bracelets Smile

This is one bracelet that I have been wearing recently. It's based on a Japanese movie series, Mothra, that we watch with our kids (Mothra is an off-shoot of the Godzilla franchise). I love the colours, and the I'm excited about how the Mothra bead turned out Smile.

What are You Wearing? Mothra10
strike
strike
Troll Guru

http://www.blackbootslonglegs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Sun May 29, 2016 8:14 pm

Super combo, it feels very loved and that mothra bead is super cute I love you May I ask where it is from ?
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by strike Sun May 29, 2016 8:35 pm

Trollperle wrote:Super combo, it feels very loved and that mothra bead is super cute I love you May I ask where it is from ?

I really love it - it's one that I made from silver clay Smile And then I added the opal eyes after it was done. I couldn't find a brand-name bead that represented Mothra closely enough.
strike
strike
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Mac (Dot) Mon May 30, 2016 12:06 pm

Mothra is wonderful!

And I love seeing everyone else's combos! Very Happy
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Trolldiva

http://www.wikibeadia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Loeca Mon May 30, 2016 2:52 pm

I love your bracelets :-D
Trollperle, your sushi bracelet is really fun. My daughter is a japanese fan, because her best friend is from this country. She would love your sushi/bento beads. I'll show her this evening ! I have to keep that in mind if she wants a bracelet when she'll be older ;-)
Loeca
Loeca
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Mon May 30, 2016 5:24 pm

strike wrote:
Trollperle wrote:Super combo, it feels very loved and that mothra bead is super cute I love you May I ask where it is from ?

I really love it - it's one that I made from silver clay Smile And then I added the opal eyes after it was done. I couldn't find a brand-name bead that represented Mothra closely enough.

That is awesome! Smile You really are very talented! I often look at my lovely christmas bead and cannot wait for it to come out to play, again I love you
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Mon May 30, 2016 5:26 pm

Loeca wrote:I love your bracelets :-D
Trollperle, your sushi bracelet is really fun. My daughter is a japanese fan, because her best friend is from this country. She would love your sushi/bento beads. I'll show her this evening ! I have to keep that in mind if she wants a bracelet when she'll be older ;-)

Smile And then maybe also Strike´s mothra would be wonderful - we need to create a market here, so that she may go into production with them I love you
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by strike Tue May 31, 2016 2:55 am

Trollperle wrote:
strike wrote:

That is awesome! Smile You really are very talented! I often look at my lovely christmas bead and cannot wait for it to come out to play, again I love you

Thank you - I am really having fun with the metal clay. I've even been playing with copper clay lately (although it is nothing like silver clay so it's a whole new learning curve!)

I am so glad that you like your Christmas bead Hug
strike
strike
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules Tue May 31, 2016 9:42 am

All great sunny
Jules
Jules
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayaa Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:30 am

Beautiful bracelets everyone cheers

Not on topic, but Strike, your silverclay creations are pretty! I also liked your home made christmas bead from the christmas swap. Do you have any tips on working with the silver clay? I made some beads myself, but I find the silverclay a bit hard to work with.
Mayaa
Mayaa
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by strike Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:40 pm

Mayaa wrote:
Not on topic, but Strike, your silverclay creations are pretty! I also liked your home made christmas bead from the christmas swap. Do you have any tips on working with the silver clay? I made some beads myself, but I find the silverclay a bit hard to work with.

Thank you Mayaa Smile

I'm not sure that I have too many tips but I've found that it helps me to work with smaller pieces even if I will eventually turn it into a bigger piece. I almost always start with a ring now and let that dry so that I have a solid base to work with. For example, the Mothra bead started as a small ring (5mm thick around, and the width of what I wanted the bead to be) and then when it was dry I added onto it to make the body thicker and to add the head and tail. Then when that was dry I added the wings (which were actually four pieces, two for each side). Then the nose and feet. And I did have to file the wings a bit to get the end shape. By working in stages I can also break off pieces if they don't dry properly. I think I broke one wing off two or three times to get it at the right angle. Laughing But I know that has helped me so I don't have to worry about squishing one part while working another part.

strike
strike
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayaa Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:35 pm

Thank you Strike :-D
Mayaa
Mayaa
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down