BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good Luck starter bracelets - beads to go with

+12
reltan
vonnewe
martha87
Catsworld
stacecase
Fuzzyfeet
Gail201
Cloverbead
Trollperle
kyhalfpt
SilverBells
LindaJo
16 posters

Go down

Good Luck starter bracelets - beads to go with Empty Good Luck starter bracelets - beads to go with

Post by LindaJo Wed May 06, 2015 8:42 pm

It seems that many people have had a hard time using the flowered lavender/blue bead that comes with the Good Luck starter bracelet. It's an unusual blue not echoed in many other beads.
The question came up again recently (in a facebook group), what will match that bead? My suggestion is: don't match! Go for contrasts, neutrals, sparkles. Some suggestions, all production: Oasis, Desert Rose, Scirocco, Golden Cave, Maple Syrup Amber, Crown Chakra, Earth, White Bubbles, Black Silk. Those were just the production beads I picked out as I went through my bead box.
Then I made up some sample mini combos.

Good Luck starter bracelets - beads to go with Suggestion%20desert%20rose%20cave%20five%20may%20again%20010_zpsstub4e6n

Good Luck starter bracelets - beads to go with Suggestion%20amber%20oasis%20five%20may%20again%20025_zpsxnycsxbc

Good Luck starter bracelets - beads to go with Suggestion%20crown%20earth%20five%20may%20again%20013_zpsb2yqvftt

Good Luck starter bracelets - beads to go with Suggestion%20black%20amber%20five%20may%20again%20022_zps2z5aprlv

Any other production beads you have used with the Good Luck starter glass bead?
LindaJo
LindaJo
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Good Luck starter bracelets - beads to go with Empty Re: Good Luck starter bracelets - beads to go with

Post by SilverBells Wed May 06, 2015 10:56 pm

A lovely friend of mine sent me this beautiful bead for my birthday just recently and this is the combo I made with it sunny It's such a beautiful colour I love you

Good Luck starter bracelets - beads to go with Combo%20with%20Lavender%20Flower%20Trollbead
SilverBells
SilverBells
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Good Luck starter bracelets - beads to go with Empty Re: Good Luck starter bracelets - beads to go with

Post by kyhalfpt Thu May 07, 2015 3:16 am

I think I posted these before:
Good Luck starter bracelets - beads to go with E68D5191-1E56-40FE-84B9-5D66DB60A490_1Good Luck starter bracelets - beads to go with 9C096CE1-8D6A-4A91-83EC-2F1AAED18A82_1
kyhalfpt
kyhalfpt
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Thu May 07, 2015 8:04 pm

It is a lovely bead and indeed a bit different from any others. Your combos are very wild, LindaJo Smile

I like it with aurora style beads but only with them it looks odd (like a spring dawn bead in the middle of autumn dusk beads), so I added my bluish turtle and the lavender bead from last (?) year and for me this is wonderful - dusk and dawn  or how I call it: My purple berry/twilight faery bracelet:

Good Luck starter bracelets - beads to go with Seb_2016

I love the angel, SilverBells, and your angelic bracelet I love you  And the touch of green is super beautiful, too, Kyhalpft I love you
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloverbead Thu May 07, 2015 8:19 pm

It makes a great contrast bead. I keep meaning to try it with the Double Flower retired bead, as I think that is a similar colour Smile
Cloverbead
Cloverbead
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverBells Thu May 07, 2015 10:02 pm

Trollperle wrote:It is a lovely bead and indeed a bit different from any others. Your combos are very wild, LindaJo Smile

I like it with aurora style beads but only with them it looks odd (like a spring dawn bead in the middle of autumn dusk beads), so I added my bluish turtle and the lavender bead from last (?) year and for me this is wonderful - dusk and dawn  or how I call it: My purple berry/twilight faery bracelet:

I love the angel, SilverBells, and your angelic bracelet I love you  And the touch of green is super beautiful, too, Kyhalpft I love you

Thanks so much Trollperle, I adore angels Daisy white I love your bracelet too and all the other beautiful combos on here. I particularly like the butterfly on your bracelet as the centrepiece too sunny
SilverBells
SilverBells
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Gail201 Fri May 08, 2015 6:06 am

kyhalfpt wrote:I think I posted these before:
Good Luck starter bracelets - beads to go with E68D5191-1E56-40FE-84B9-5D66DB60A490_1Good Luck starter bracelets - beads to go with 9C096CE1-8D6A-4A91-83EC-2F1AAED18A82_1

Both of these are really pretty.  You have other periwinkle beads on the first bracelet...which might be a stumbling block for those who don't have that color.  But the second bracelet is a good example of bringing in a citrus color for contrast. 
I am fascinated  by the concept of the color wheel and always thought it would be fun to use our bead combos as examples of the principles of color.   However, I don't know if that would interest anyone here.
Gail201
Gail201
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Gail201 Fri May 08, 2015 6:12 am

Trollperle wrote:It is a lovely bead and indeed a bit different from any others. Your combos are very wild, LindaJo Smile

The periwinkle color is definitely in the auroras but, you are right Troleperle, you needed to add those non-aurora beads to compliment the Good Luck Flower (or whatever they are calling it.) 
I love the bead and I am hoping I'll find one that needs to be rehomed.
Gail201
Gail201
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzyfeet Fri May 08, 2015 10:01 am

I need a Good Luck bracelet !  Neutral
Fuzzyfeet
Fuzzyfeet
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Fri May 08, 2015 4:17 pm

Gail201 wrote:
I am fascinated  by the concept of the color wheel and always thought it would be fun to use our bead combos as examples of the principles of color.   However, I don't know if that would interest anyone here.

I would love a thread like that Smile . Maybe you could teach us!
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by stacecase Sat May 09, 2015 8:48 pm

I went with coordinating beads, but I love it when used with contrasting beads as well. Your mini combos are quite stunning, LindaJo!

I agree, Cloverbead, I bet the Double Flower would go great too!

Good Luck starter bracelets - beads to go with Seer-update
stacecase
stacecase
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsworld Sat May 09, 2015 9:20 pm

I have it on my good-luck bracelet

Good Luck starter bracelets - beads to go with Cyhn0xl0yteb3aucg
Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by martha87 Sun May 10, 2015 4:34 am

I love the lock on the good luck starter bracelet. I ordered a ladybug dangle from Louise at Trollbeads Gallery to go along with it.

martha87
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by LindaJo Mon May 18, 2015 5:48 pm

Cloverbead and Stacecase, you're right!  With retired Double Flower beads, and an artisan focal:

Good Luck starter bracelets - beads to go with Good%20luck%20hillary%20beads16may2015%20009_zpslkqw7uyw
LindaJo
LindaJo
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by vonnewe Mon May 18, 2015 11:29 pm

Oehhhh...very nice the last combo....didn't get me a starterbracelet...was beeing a good girl...tough because i'm a sucker for blue....
vonnewe
vonnewe
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by reltan Tue May 19, 2015 10:59 am

Seems to go wel with lots of stuff!!!
reltan
reltan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Svetlanica Sun May 24, 2015 8:48 am

Hello everyone!)
My version!) Maybe someone uses!)
Good Luck starter bracelets - beads to go with 8826977_m
Svetlanica
Svetlanica
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebbles Sun May 24, 2015 12:11 pm

And this is mine Wink

Sorry, photo deleted

Last edited by Pebbles on Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pebbles
Pebbles
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalerie17 Sun May 24, 2015 4:10 pm

I love the combination of bright beads on the bracelet. It looks very elegant and you can pick up a combo with this bead for every day wearing. All bracelets are beautiful.
Kalerie17
Kalerie17
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Mabel Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:41 pm

... a little late...
Good Luck starter bracelets - beads to go with 20150510
Mabel
Mabel
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down