BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer Stones release

+12
Fuzzyfeet
stacecase
ceruleanbluebird
Trollperle
splinty
Gail201
SilverBells
Freki
Catsworld
LindaJo
minty
cottinghamgirl
16 posters

Go down

Summer Stones release Empty Summer Stones release

Post by cottinghamgirl Fri May 01, 2015 1:28 pm

ET says that the Summer stone Kit will comprise of an orange agate, a green agate, a Trollbeads Howlite, a citrine, a carnelian and a blue quartz. I was hoping that the stones would be 'pretty' rather than 'natural/organic' and it sounds as if my wish has been granted. My only concern is if the agates and Howlite are dyed, will they fade? My pink agates and pastel agates have faded although I keep them out of direct light. Apart from this I am looking forward to seeing these.
cottinghamgirl
cottinghamgirl
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Summer Stones release Empty Re: Summer Stones release

Post by minty Fri May 01, 2015 1:41 pm

hmmm not too impressed with what I read here. I was hoping for different kinds of stones but these are all Quartz just in different colours except for the howlith one of my least favourite minerals because all the fake turquoises are made of that. silent
minty
minty
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by LindaJo Fri May 01, 2015 3:57 pm

The carnelians could be nice. Owners of the old, rare citrine might be a bit disgusted. Rolling Eyes

LindaJo
LindaJo
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsworld Fri May 01, 2015 6:20 pm

LindaJo wrote:. Owners of the old, rare citrine might be a bit disgusted. Rolling Eyes

After the experience of Joyful nothing is going to disgust me, and certainly, I would never ever buy anything with the label "old or rare", maybe the citrines look nice and can be mixed easily, we will see, I am quite relaxed at the moment as regards to beads.
Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Freki Fri May 01, 2015 9:34 pm

Waiting with interest for all of them but especially the citrine and the blue quartz. I have pieces of jewelry that my sister, who was a rock hound and who has now passed away, had made for me with those and I love them.
Freki
Freki
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverBells Fri May 01, 2015 9:38 pm

I look forward to seeing them but I won't be buying unfortunately - my bead budget is extremely small these days but I will enjoy looking at all the lovely pics sunny
SilverBells
SilverBells
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Gail201 Fri May 01, 2015 11:52 pm

You all have much more knowledge of stones than me and I am grateful for your perspectives.  I read the list and thought it would be a pretty collection of stones.    But then, I liked the summer stones release of a few years ago.  I have a whole bracelet of them which I rarely wear.   Maybe I should be more prudent with my choices.
Gail201
Gail201
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by splinty Sat May 02, 2015 3:28 am

Freki, sorry about your sister Hug Rose I'd love to see your special jewellery if you have a piccie I love you
splinty
splinty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Sat May 02, 2015 8:34 am

I am so very sorry for your loss, dearest Freki Hug Love and I love that she had something special made for you to cherish in her memory Hug

I am always interested in minerals and stones and it will be interesting to see them IRL
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by cottinghamgirl Sat May 02, 2015 11:02 am

ET now has a picture of the kit, I think the carnelian and citrine will be the best. The blue quartz looks more turquoise to me, I had hoped it would be the natural blue quartz, light to medium blue.
cottinghamgirl
cottinghamgirl
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by ceruleanbluebird Sat May 02, 2015 1:11 pm

The colors are truly summery with much potential for use out of season. I am definitely getting a kit. I may call ahead to a specific dealer about an hours drive away to select a kit in person. My local dealers are silver and just don't get in the product quickly enough (or have much of a selection).
ceruleanbluebird
ceruleanbluebird
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by LindaJo Sat May 02, 2015 2:29 pm

I'm hoping for a nice carnelian. And I do like greens, so the green agate might be a possibility.

The citrine is smooth rather than faceted like the old, rare citrine bead. I'm not sure how I'd use one. Does citrine go with ambers? Or is it more like Silver Trace, Beige/Blue?

LindaJo
LindaJo
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by cottinghamgirl Sat May 02, 2015 3:01 pm

I think the citrine will go with lighter golden ambers and the silver trace,beige blue. I am planning an all gemstone bracelet in pale colours which I hope the citrine will  match. I also think it will be nice with blue.
cottinghamgirl
cottinghamgirl
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by stacecase Sun May 03, 2015 12:01 am

I think I'll be able to save money on these and just admire them on other people's combinations. I love the idea of natural stones, but am never satisfied with any combo I make.
stacecase
stacecase
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzyfeet Sun May 03, 2015 10:34 am

I love stones, but some of these look a bit unnatural to me, I don't think I would buy a whole set, maybe some of the more natural ones, if I get a chance to see them in person, but the limited-limited rumour is going round again  Rolling Eyes
Fuzzyfeet
Fuzzyfeet
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur Sun May 03, 2015 12:33 pm

Will call the LD to find out, if they will be able to get any, but definitely won't buy the entire set. That limited-in-sets-of-six really puts me off.
The Citrine looks most versatile and useful to me I love you
Fleur
Fleur
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by kyhalfpt Sun May 03, 2015 12:42 pm

I will have to wait and see them in person.  If the orange agate is actually bright, I may need a couple--the others don't look like colors I can use.
kyhalfpt
kyhalfpt
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by ceruleanbluebird Sat May 16, 2015 2:44 am

Still looking forward to this release. So bummed out that I most likely will have to buy online and not in person. I am still leaning towards the whole kit, but doubles at some point would be nice. I have really enjoyed using the first Summer Stones kit. Looking forward to better pictures, too.
ceruleanbluebird
ceruleanbluebird
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by cottinghamgirl Sat May 16, 2015 11:37 am

There are some better pictures on Endangered Trolls now. I am getting my 3 favourites, carnelian, citrine and the blue quartz as I wouldn't use the others very often even though I like them all. Not all retailers are going to split the kits so I was pleased when my retailer said she would.
cottinghamgirl
cottinghamgirl
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloverbead Sat May 16, 2015 12:51 pm

The citrine and green agate looks pretty, will have to see what they are like in real life, I expect that they will vary a lot! Smile
Cloverbead
Cloverbead
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Sun May 17, 2015 12:42 pm

stacecase wrote:I think I'll be able to save money on these and just admire them on other people's combinations. I love the idea of natural stones, but am never satisfied with any combo I make.

I feel the same way. Generally I find this type of stone too narrow. I love stones but there's no point in buying something that will remain unused. The colours don't look natural in the stock pictures either.
Anita
Anita
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down