BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Variation in glass on the Anniversary bracelet??

+5
splinty
Cloverbead
Beady-Eyed
strike
kyhalfpt
9 posters

Go down

Variation in glass on the Anniversary bracelet?? Empty Variation in glass on the Anniversary bracelet??

Post by kyhalfpt Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:32 pm

Question for those with anniversary bracelets--was there a lot of variation in the size of the glass beads?  I purchased my anniversary bracelet used and two of the glass have scratches/chips so I have been looking for "replacements" for those two.  I recently purchased a sea stribe from another collector and it is smaller than the one on my bracelet.  Just wondering if that is normal....  It doesn't show much in this photo--but the one that came on my bracelet is a little over 14 mm x 8 ish mm - and the one I just got is 13 x 7 ish - not a huge difference I know--but it looks different on the bracelet and the patter looks a little different.
Variation in glass on the Anniversary bracelet?? 36049315-F57B-4555-B83B-ADE0DCE3C17B
kyhalfpt
kyhalfpt
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Variation in glass on the Anniversary bracelet?? Empty Re: Variation in glass on the Anniversary bracelet??

Post by strike Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:50 pm

I don't have either, so I can't say for sure, but is it possible the collector mixed up stribe and the retired blue symmetry? The one on the right reminds me more of the blue symmetry pattern.
strike
strike
Troll Guru

http://www.blackbootslonglegs.com

Back to top Go down

Variation in glass on the Anniversary bracelet?? Empty Re: Variation in glass on the Anniversary bracelet??

Post by Beady-Eyed Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:57 pm

I thought the one on the right looked a little more authentic Embarassed   Blue Symmetry has 4 sections and Stribe has 5 sections.  Can Stribe have 6 or more sections?  Doesn't Symmetry have a clear/grey base and Stribe has a purple base?
Beady-Eyed
Beady-Eyed
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by kyhalfpt Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:59 pm

Exactly what I was thinking....could be blue symmetry. She was selling other anniversary beads at the same time, but easy to mix them up I think...I don't know how to tell them apart. Help!
kyhalfpt
kyhalfpt
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloverbead Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:01 pm

In my experience the Anniversary bracelet glass is normally on the small size, as were all the older glass beads.
Cloverbead
Cloverbead
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by kyhalfpt Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:39 pm

They look the same from the side to me...same number of stripes, same glass colors, just different sizes.

Variation in glass on the Anniversary bracelet?? D0C3762A-19DA-44A2-99A2-73FCFF752092

Variation in glass on the Anniversary bracelet?? 8F3E22DE-4B29-4399-B4DC-97112505FE9A
kyhalfpt
kyhalfpt
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by splinty Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:46 pm

They do look the same from the side Laughing ~ and both look like they have more of a dark purple/black base than grey/black? or is left more purple than right? why did they make them so similar?!! x
splinty
splinty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Mac (Dot) Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:26 pm

I did read somewhere once how to tell them apart, but I have forgotten. Embarassed  I'll have a look as I have both of them too. I know there is quite a bit of variation with the chess-like glass with the turquoise colour underneath, as mine has virtually no turquoise (I wish it did!)
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Trolldiva

http://www.wikibeadia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Mac (Dot) Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:44 pm

OK - I have both on my "stuffed" anniversary bracelet. Sorry no photos to hand.

My Stripe/Stribe of the Sea has five sections when you look at it side-on, and the stripes are narrow and dark. My blue symmetry is larger and side-on it only has four sections, and the stripes are paler and more grey, and wider. I have no idea if this is normal, but that is how mine are!!

So I think yours may both be Stribe/Stripe of the Sea and just different sizes.
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by vampbutterfly Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:54 pm

I love the leather bracelet, is that TB?
vampbutterfly
vampbutterfly
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by kyhalfpt Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:19 pm

Amanda Mac (Dot) wrote:OK - I have both on my "stuffed" anniversary bracelet. Sorry no photos to hand.

My Stripe/Stribe of the Sea has five sections when you look at it side-on, and the stripes are narrow and dark. My blue symmetry is larger and side-on it only has four sections, and the stripes are paler and more grey, and wider. I have no idea if this is normal, but that is how mine are!!

So I think yours may both be Stribe/Stripe of the Sea and just different sizes.

Thank you for the detailed explanation! I guess I'm glad it is what it is supposed to be, now just have to decide if I care that the "new" one is a different size....
kyhalfpt
kyhalfpt
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by kyhalfpt Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:20 pm

vampbutterfly wrote:I love the leather bracelet, is that TB?

Yes, it is TB. It is just knotted.
kyhalfpt
kyhalfpt
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Mac (Dot) Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:14 am

Love the knotted bracelet - it looks fantastic. And complicated!

I'd be interested to know if anyone else has the same 4-sections on the Blue Symmetry as mine, because I think that would nail it.

Amanda Mac (Dot)
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:12 am

All of mine stibes has 5 sections. If i hold up to the lamp the center is purple.

Michelle
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Louey Sat May 02, 2015 9:01 pm

Amanda Mac (Dot) wrote:Love the knotted bracelet - it looks fantastic. And complicated!

I'd be interested to know if anyone else has the same 4-sections on the Blue Symmetry as mine, because I think that would nail it.

I had a look at the blue symmetry we had in stock all were four sections like yours Smile
Louey
Louey
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down