BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragging myself out of the rut: Bling!

+8
Trolls
binjy
Zoey
Kensington
TrollTech
LoopyLou
idoru_meta
Molamola
12 posters

Go down

Dragging myself out of the rut: Bling! Empty Dragging myself out of the rut: Bling!

Post by Molamola Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:13 am

Whilst idly browsing through some pictures of my designs from the past I was struck by how colourful my bracelets used to be in the days when I had less beads. I have been really stuck in a stormy colours rut recently and although it's not a bad place to be, purples, greys and turquoises are very lovely after all, I decided to force myself out of it.

Of course this is a very balanced look so still not as creative as I would like but I love it.

It's so strange, before I got the Lakeside Kit I was sure that Dawn and Dusk would be my favourites or Azure Bubbles but hands down it's Drifting Seeds, such a pretty bead on its own and it's also a wonderful base neutral. I can see more in my future.

Dragging myself out of the rut: Bling! IMG_3187

Last edited by Molamola on Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Molamola
Molamola
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Dragging myself out of the rut: Bling! Empty Re: Dragging myself out of the rut: Bling!

Post by idoru_meta Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:12 pm

Great combo! What is the bead above the black diamond? It is aa funny angle and I am curling my eyelashes as I type so it might just be me, but it looks a bit like a crocodile face hehehe Smile
idoru_meta
idoru_meta
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Dragging myself out of the rut: Bling! Empty Re: Dragging myself out of the rut: Bling!

Post by LoopyLou Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:14 pm

Wow, MM, that's certainnly bought some light into my living room, so pretty and shiny
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Molamola Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:47 pm

Idoru it's the Designer Troll from the Denmark World Tour. It's being viewed from above here, head in the middle, back and tail to the left, chair leg to the right.
Molamola
Molamola
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollTech Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:16 pm

idoru_meta wrote:Great combo! What is the bead above the black diamond? It is aa funny angle and I am curling my eyelashes as I type so it might just be me, but it looks a bit like a crocodile face hehehe Smile
I noticed that also. I keep looking and looking...
The bracelet is so bright and cheery!!!
TrollTech
TrollTech
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

http://plsweb.com/Academic-Programs/PLS-Instructors/Gretchen-Rip

Back to top Go down

Post by Kensington Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:25 am

Beautifully done! I would have never thought to add the grey wolf with these colors, but it is awesome!! Must use mine more often now that I see they look perfect with other colors Very Happy
Kensington
Kensington
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Molamola Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:46 am

Ever since I got my first Grey Wolf I've been amazed at how versatile they are (that's why I got a second one!).
Molamola
Molamola
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoey Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:14 am

Beautiful design!!! I love the use of your Grey Wolf beads and the Khaki Stripe bead on here. I keep meaning to get me a 2nd Grey Wolf...must do that soon.
Zoey
Zoey
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by idoru_meta Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:31 am

Molamola wrote:Idoru it's the Designer Troll from the Denmark World Tour. It's being viewed from above here, head in the middle, back and tail to the left, chair leg to the right.

Thanks MM! These are definitely the moments when I appreciate TB designs the most - they are so cool from every angle Smile
idoru_meta
idoru_meta
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by binjy Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:19 am

I know how easy it is to stay in your safe/favorite colours rut, I am also trying to get out of it, Love your combination! Smile
binjy
binjy
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Trolls Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:23 pm

Lovely combo!
I agree, it's far to easy to wear the same beads or similar combos day after day...
I used to change my bracelets every night...admittedly I have less spare time these days but I must get the bead box out again and try something different..New release is a great excuse!
Trolls
Trolls
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonMugirl Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:33 pm

I thought I wasn't interested in Drifting Seeds, but the more I see this bead in combinations, the more I like it. Lovely bracelet. Your combinations are always so beautifully balanced.
LondonMugirl
LondonMugirl
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Molamola Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:54 pm

LondonMugirl wrote:I thought I wasn't interested in Drifting Seeds, but the more I see this bead in combinations, the more I like it. Lovely bracelet. Your combinations are always so beautifully balanced.

It's one of those creeper beads. It was the only one of the Lakeside kit that I was ambivalent about but now it's my favourite! I love it when that happens.
Molamola
Molamola
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninbey Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:07 pm

The color play is very balanced, but also very beautiful! Wonderful combo!
Ninbey
Ninbey
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by zenya Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:19 pm

I'm another one who tends to stick to the same colours a lot. Congrats for taking a step out of your comfort zone. Great bracelet
zenya
zenya
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandabee(uk) Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:10 pm

Very sparkly sunny
Pandabee(uk)
Pandabee(uk)
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down