BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beads for future generations

4 posters

Go down

Beads for future generations Empty Beads for future generations

Post by Reive Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:32 pm

A while ago someone (sorry I forget who) was asking whether anyone collected beads for their child/grandchild to have in the future. I mentioned that I had been picking up beads on my travels and for special occasions but never got around to posting a pic. As i'm off sick at the moment I seem to have a bit of time on my hands so here it finally is!

Beads for future generations CA_10201413092603-M

In a currently somewhat random order

1: Ohm tooth fairy (no prizes for guessing when I got this!)
2: Asian hearts (just because DD asked for it whenever she saw it)
3: Pandora year of the rabbit dangle purchased in Hong Kong (in the year of the rabbit!)
4: Pandora Kangaroo - I vividly recall running from one side of Melbourne airport (international flights) to the other (internal flights) just so that I could buy this
5: Weird little Olympics figure whose name I can't recall, from the UK hosting the Olympics
6: Chamilia Minnie Mouse from Euro Disney
7: Chamilia Apple with NYC engraved on it from New York
8: Pandora Buddha from Singapore
9: Clogau carriage from the Royal Wedding (a note on Clogau's quality here, the charm is gold plated and despite never having made it out to play, much of the plating is gone!)
10: Links of London Union Jack heart, also from the Olympics but mainly cos I love my little monkey so.

I think it's slightly telling that none of the these (excluding the one glass) are trollbeads, I think this has a lot more to do with availability oversea's than it does personal preference. Finding a TB store somewhere like Singapre is a *lot* harder than stopping at one of the multiple Pandora stores in airports!

I've been spending a lot of time in Manila recently but have yet to find a bead that adequately reminds me of the Phillipines - at this rate despite there now being a couple of TB stores in Manila I fear I am going to have to resort to a pandora pineapple!
Reive
Reive
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Beads for future generations Empty Re: Beads for future generations

Post by Enaktra Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:10 pm

Very cool collection! Your DD is very lucky. Wonder if you could find a jeep charm? Since they love their jeepneys? Smile
Enaktra
Enaktra
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

https://www.facebook.com/charmsforatroll http://charmsforatroll.com

Back to top Go down

Post by reltan Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:25 am

Sorry, I missed this topic!! Lovely all of them and with lots of meaning. Dora will soon have a Disney collection, I think she will go wild!
reltan
reltan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:12 pm

Beads with meaning are the best - no matter the brand!! Smile
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down