BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF THE FACT THAT THE BEADTHRILLED GALLERY IS GOING MAD

4 posters

Go down

ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF THE FACT THAT THE BEADTHRILLED GALLERY IS GOING MAD Empty ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF THE FACT THAT THE BEADTHRILLED GALLERY IS GOING MAD

Post by Brightonbelle Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:59 pm

[url=http://www.beadthrilled.com/gallery/Personal-album-of-Brightonbelle/Shadows-by-the-Pond-pic_11860.htm][img]http://www.beadthrilled.com/users/2615/12/86/42/album/shadow10.jpg[/img][/url]

Last edited by Brightonbelle on Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:21 pm; edited 10 times in total
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF THE FACT THAT THE BEADTHRILLED GALLERY IS GOING MAD Empty Re: ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF THE FACT THAT THE BEADTHRILLED GALLERY IS GOING MAD

Post by Brightonbelle Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:01 pm

So why does my pic not show?  I can see it in the preview?

I give up.  Maybe a mod could delete this thread for me please.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF THE FACT THAT THE BEADTHRILLED GALLERY IS GOING MAD Empty Re: ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF THE FACT THAT THE BEADTHRILLED GALLERY IS GOING MAD

Post by Brightonbelle Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:11 pm

Who said the image system was OK now?  This appears to be a completely different bracelet in the gallery, one I deleted years ago.

[url=http://www.beadthrilled.com/gallery/Personal-album-of-Brightonbelle/Trying-again-pic_11862.htm][img]http://www.beadthrilled.com/users/2615/12/86/42/album/shadow12.jpg[/img][/url]
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:17 pm

I have uploaded 2 versions of the same photo.  It is a bracelet with a Dragonfly on it.  You can see it in the thumbnails and in the previews. If you click on one of the gallery pics (Trying Again) you get a deleted pic of an old bracelet of mine. No I didn't just upload it. It isn't even in the same folder on my laptop. Neither image shows in this thread.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:23 pm

No I don't want to mess around with an image hosting site.  I would do that for sales pics or delete them straight away.

Leaving this here as an example.

Will delete the pics from the gallery when a mod has seen this.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:32 pm

ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF THE FACT THAT THE BEADTHRILLED GALLERY IS GOING MAD Shadow10
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:33 pm

Got it to work after endless tries.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:36 pm

Look at the code in the failed links.  It is showing both the name of my new pic and an ancient one (shadow 10 and shadow 12).
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by splinty Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:43 pm

Yes it looks like a coding problem, seems space is being reused and you're getting an overwrite with the shadows still in place? Sorry I don't have an immediate solution but will keep looking into it  scratch 
splinty
splinty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:18 pm

Is it possible that this might happen if a picture is named the same as a previously existing one? Maybe the website code can not cope with that?
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:25 pm

[quote="Trollperle"]Is it possible that this might happen if a picture is named the same as a previously existing one? Maybe the website code can not cope with that?[/quote]

I don't understand why old deleted images are not flushed out of the system regularly?  The forum has been running for years now and members are likely to use similar words in image file names because they are often using the same beads to create certain themes.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:40 pm

Brightonbelle, webpages I think are fickle beings and do not always behave as they should or one would think they would and they do take a lot of work to maintain and then will probably still behave erratically. I am sure the admins are doing their best and will solve the problem as soon as possible.
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:42 pm

[quote="Trollperle"]Brightonbelle, webpages I think are fickle beings and do not always behave as they should or one would think they would and they do take a lot of work to maintain and then will probably still behave erratically. I am sure the admins are doing their best and will solve the problem as soon as possible.[/quote]

It doesn't matter to me Trollperle.  I have posted my pics elsewhere.  I was hoping that it might get sorted out for the sake of other users.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:34 pm

I have been using the slide show in the personal gallaery if the wrong photo is coming up then it comes as the corect photo I want to see it.

Michelle
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down