BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer limited edition 2014 preview

+43
gracielet13
splinty
trollmoll
cottinghamgirl
charlibean
Chuck
LisaB
Fee
vonnewe
flowertroll
Jules
Cloverbead
Fuzzyfeet
Bluesybeads
Nkara
Daisylove
ceruleanbluebird
AquaAura
trollfinder
stacecase
kyhalfpt
Gail201
Catsworld
Nancy
Reive
Freki
natalyk
Blairkj
strike
kitsunegrl
reltan
Brightonbelle
Fleur
Michelle
Wildthing
mdellanno
minty
Monique26
Mouseoncheese
Anita
Beady-Eyed
Kimberly Campbell
Pandabee(uk)
47 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Summer limited edition 2014 preview - Page 4 Empty Re: Summer limited edition 2014 preview

Post by Michelle Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:36 pm

I look on d4e and the whale is shiney  Crying or Very sad 
Good is you dont have to buy 2x small poppy beads if you need it.

Michelle
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Summer limited edition 2014 preview - Page 4 Empty Re: Summer limited edition 2014 preview

Post by Kimberly Campbell Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:03 pm

Fuzzyfeet wrote:

Thinking about this release, the spring LE is always repackaged Ooaks, remember the first spring LE glass  affraid but in the past I've always fallen for it and bought it, so what has changed, obviously not just me as lots of us seem to be feeling this way, just too many releases ?

I've been pondering that very question myself.  I think maybe it's in large part saturation of the market.  You could find most of these beads right now for half-off at D4E's spring clearance sale.  I like critter beads (although I never took a shine to the smiley face bees - I think that was where they crossed the line from cute to cutesy for me), but they flooded the market with them last year.  I've always been of the opinion that they should produce enough of popular designs that people can easily find them, so I had no problem with the influx of bees, turtles, etc.  But to do that and now put them out as LE and expect everyone to go crazy over them seems a bit strange.  And there have been so many clearance sales lately, and I imagine most collectors have picked up a lot of uniques at a very good price, which makes us reluctant to buy them at full price, especially when they are just repackaged designs that we've seen many times before.  With these kits from the summer release, I wonder too if their lackluster reception may have something to do with the fact that these just aren't the most attractive of colors for most people.
Kimberly Campbell
Kimberly Campbell
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by ceruleanbluebird Thu May 01, 2014 2:44 am

The pendants are intriguing, but I just don't like the look on the necklace, with the exception of the heart, but I am not a heart person.
The pendants are too tiny or the chains are too thick.

I bet someone will put them on the bracelet and we shall see how that holds up.  Will it compliment the original pearl dangles?

I hope to remain bead free for awhile.  The last bead I bought was one unique from the Commons when the store first was clearanced.  I hope I can remain strong for the fall season...or beyond.
ceruleanbluebird
ceruleanbluebird
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by trollmoll Sat May 03, 2014 9:04 pm

Money saved for beads elsewhere! They seem to be chasing a certain market with those heart and flower pendants and it doesn't seem like they will find it among folks here!
trollmoll
trollmoll
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisylove Sat May 03, 2014 10:36 pm

I must admit that the Bohemian hearts is starting to grow on me  Embarassed Embarassed 
Daisylove
Daisylove
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by trollfinder Tue May 20, 2014 7:15 pm

Looks like there is new fantasy glass and new gemstones with the summer releaes  Very Happy  The gemstones are sponge coral and blue sodalite. The fantasy glass is pretty but I don't like large glass beads. The gemstones are a must for me. Anyone else fancy these?
trollfinder
trollfinder
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by trollfinder Tue May 20, 2014 7:17 pm

I am having problems getting the pics here. You can see them both here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Southern-Park-Trollbeads/217125888328243?fref=nf#!/pages/Southern-Park-Trollbeads/217125888328243?fref=nf
trollfinder
trollfinder
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by LisaB Tue May 20, 2014 8:18 pm

trollfinder wrote:I am having problems getting the pics here. You can see them both here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Southern-Park-Trollbeads/217125888328243?fref=nf#!/pages/Southern-Park-Trollbeads/217125888328243?fref=nf

Thanks for the photos. I can now officially stop worrying about whether or not I can find one. I am not interested in any of those.....
LisaB
LisaB
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzyfeet Tue May 20, 2014 8:27 pm

Toooooooooooo much, not interested !  Evil or Very Mad 
Fuzzyfeet
Fuzzyfeet
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by splinty Tue May 20, 2014 8:38 pm

Sorry to offend anyone who likes them but I'm finding a lot of what's being churned out of late lazy (and/or rehashed and/or twee) in design and a bit cheap looking....and a lot overpriced!!  Sad
splinty
splinty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Tue May 20, 2014 8:58 pm

The LE glass is actually quite big - 17mm to 18mm - more a focal bead size.  I guess that is why they are charging more for it?  The stones only cost $31.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Tue May 20, 2014 10:39 pm

The stones are died again ?
I am intrested in the glass LE I think. I look again when I am less tired.

Michelle
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by stacecase Tue May 20, 2014 11:03 pm

The LE fantasy XL glass is pretty, but I've seen much prettier artisans. For this time, I'll sit this one out Wink
stacecase
stacecase
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by strike Tue May 20, 2014 11:05 pm

Michelle wrote:The stones are died again ?

One of retailers said that was the stones' natural colour, not dyed.
strike
strike
Troll Guru

http://www.blackbootslonglegs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Tue May 20, 2014 11:15 pm

strike wrote:

Michelle wrote:The stones are died again ?

One of retailers said that was the stones' natural colour, not dyed.

It looked very blue to me for sodalite and I just looked at sponge coral  Google and even is red to start it is more like to be died to get it to stay very red. I just dont think is so natural now  silent
And then I read it is impregnated with resin to stablise it befor it colored  Neutral 

Michelle
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by mdellanno Wed May 21, 2014 1:03 am

I kind of like the large fantasy bead but it is overpriced. I rather go with an artisan bead.. The only other bead I may be interested in is the glass butterfly but I still rather an upright glass butterfly.

mdellanno
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimberly Campbell Wed May 21, 2014 2:52 am

I like the sodalite, but it seems like they're playing their same old game of now you see it, now you don't, oh now you do again.  I am REALLY TIRED of these stealth LE releases.  Either release the bead, in a sufficient quantity that anyone who wants one can find one without tearing their hair out, or don't release it at all.  Cut out this cr@p about only a few per store.    Danger 

The fantasy glass is pretty (although I'm puzzling a bit about why they stuck those white bumps on them), but it's way over-priced.  Sorry, Trollbeads, not biting at that one.  Do they really think someone is going to pay almost double the price for it just because they call it LE and it's a few millimeters bigger?   Not all there No
Kimberly Campbell
Kimberly Campbell
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by gracielet13 Thu May 22, 2014 8:06 am

Do you think that 2 Forget-me-Not silvers would give close to the same look as the Flower Meadow pendants (that you need 2 of to flank another pendant)? I've had a necklace for a long time and I really like several of the pendants. The flowery Boheme heart makes me think of Norwegian wedding pins for some reason, and I like the Vintage one if it isn't too tiny in person.

Somehow, I don't have any blue and white beads and I love those colors together, especially with darker blue. And I love the yellow floral bead, even though the design is around in other colors. Blue and yellow together make me think of Sweden.

I think TB should do a Scandinavian Summers collection - or maybe that's what this is!

The whales look very well done, I have to have one!. My family meets in Maui for my Mom's bday every Feb, and around 10,000 whales go to Hawaii every winter to mate and let the babies get big enough for the track back to Alaska. I went whale watching in a 32 person raft and saw 7 or 8 mother and baby pairs, so I love that the pendant has a mother and baby. This year I saw a mom floating on the surface with a 2 week old baby lying on his back on her nose, and he was splashing his fins in the water!!! I look every year for a nice humpback pendant/charm, but haven't seen anything nearly as realistic as The TB pendant. (I have the Wild Beads humpback, but the proportions are off, the whale needs to be longer.) And as much as I liked the orca S&B, I didn't get one as they are almost the only predator for humpbacks, especially the babies. I definitely couldn't put them together on a bracelet! Yes I know I'm being silly. If you aren't buying any beads, start saving for a trip to Hawaii!!

I think the super limited release large glass and sodalite thing is just annoying. I don't like them enough to pursue them, and I'm still irked at the super limited carved amber release - I never had a chance at one of those.

gracielet13
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by ceruleanbluebird Thu May 22, 2014 12:43 pm

I went whale watching off of Cape Cod two summers ago. I was able to see a whale breach the water...an exciting moment of my life! Your whale watching experience sounds spectacular.
ceruleanbluebird
ceruleanbluebird
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by gracielet13 Thu May 22, 2014 9:53 pm

They aren't all that good - the grad student leading the thing and the driver were pretty excited. At one point 2 males and a mom and baby approached, the closest male was 10 - 15 m aw at, just floating! If you ever get to Hawaii at the right time, hold out for the raft trip - it's very safe, often used by the military for things, and you can sit on the pontoon(blow up edge, with a rail keeping you safe) with one leg in the warm water - unless a whale is 15 m away!

gracielet13
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by trollmoll Fri May 23, 2014 2:45 am

I'm a sucker for stones. I had a RBF red coral but it was dull and larger than I liked and I gave it away. These shapes are more like the China jades and I find them more elegant. Too bad it it is (again) "very limited". Agree with the comments that these very limited releases are getting annoying. Not to mention being irked all over again seeing them for re-sale at stupid prices on eBay.
trollmoll
trollmoll
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by cottinghamgirl Fri May 23, 2014 10:11 am

I am also annoyed about the 'very limited' stone release, I am not interested in limited edition beads I just like ones which fit in with my collection.
cottinghamgirl
cottinghamgirl
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by reltan Fri May 23, 2014 11:30 am

cottinghamgirl wrote:I am also annoyed about the 'very limited' stone release, I am not interested in limited edition beads I just like ones which fit in with my collection.  

The new motto for Trollbeads .....DON'T WORRY...NOTHING IS REALLY LIMITED...it is just a matter of time!

reltan
reltan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by cottinghamgirl Fri May 23, 2014 1:01 pm

That is what I am hoping.
cottinghamgirl
cottinghamgirl
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Fri May 23, 2014 6:05 pm

Some photo of the new flower meadow. Is a big bead the 4 flowers are a bit bigger than the big on on the foget me not silver and the leafs stick out. I put on the end of a bracelet to wear and it stays over the big loop and covers it wich I like and it looks good with the stories flower lock only my photo did not  Mad 
I feel it will be good on top stack on a fantasy necklace i have not tryed this still.
Summer limited edition 2014 preview - Page 4 <a href=Summer limited edition 2014 preview - Page 4 Fm_zps8f940ebb" />Summer limited edition 2014 preview - Page 4 <a href=Summer limited edition 2014 preview - Page 4 Fm1_zps6d927557" />Summer limited edition 2014 preview - Page 4 <a href=Summer limited edition 2014 preview - Page 4 Fm2_zpsddb3b44e" />

Michelle
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next