BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vine Pruning

+8
Freki
reltan
Michelle
plumbun
kyhalfpt
ceruleanbluebird
stacecase
Trollperle
12 posters

Go down

Vine Pruning Empty Vine Pruning

Post by Trollperle Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:23 pm

Yesterday I had a most wonderful day Smile
A few colleagues and myself went to the wine pruning festivities in the town of Kavadarci.
We started out with a nice reception and some wine tasting, then there was a bit of folkloric dancing (I watched, I did not dance Smile), and then we officially started the pruning season by cutting the wine plants they had brought to the town square back a bit. Then we went through the nice little fair the local wineries had put up, more wine tasting was involved as well as chocolate tasting and home made food tasting Smile
And then we went to the local church where the Bishop blessed the large wine plant that grows in front of the church with prayers and holy water and afterwards we were allowed to cut a bit of it and take it with us. The local wine farmers take these cutlings to their wineries for a good growing and harvesting season.
I then went into the church to burn candles for my loved ones and we were blessed by one of the priests in the church. And when we came out again, the bishop gave us special blessed little crosses to take home.
Afterwards we had a reception by the local priests with a tasting of Rakija (the national drink of Macedonia destilled form grapes) the priests made themselves (and they had made it rather strong with 52 % of alcohol).
After that we had a nice stroll through lovely sunny weather to a lovely restaurant where there was a bit more wine tasting involved as well as a fabulous feast of Macedonian food. Our hosts were most gracious and we all had a wonderful time.

For me, this marked the beginning of spring - and the weather today is very generous and has lots of sun and the air smells of spring as well Smile

This is the bracelet I wore yesterday in honour of the day. I included the grapes bead (for obvious reasons Wink) as well as a heart glass bead I got last year as a tribute to St. Valentines Day. And as 14th February here is the feast day of St. Trifun (a saint connected to wine and merriment) and the falcon is one of the animals sacred to St. Trifun, I also included the little falcon on my bracelet, the sun bead stands for the warmth of the spring sun and the snake I included for she will need a bit of warmth to be able to slither about (but she is a bit blurry for it was still a bit cool for her), and of course the snow drops are still in full bloom so the pendant was a must, too Smile

Vine Pruning Wine_p10

Last edited by Trollperle on Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:24 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : I only now realised that we pruned the vines not the wine)
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Vine Pruning Empty Re: Vine Pruning

Post by stacecase Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:30 pm

What an amazing day you had, Trollperle!! Sounds like a perfect day to welcome spring and your bracelet is so fitting and beautiful.
stacecase
stacecase
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by ceruleanbluebird Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:03 pm

Beautiful beads for a beautiful day!
ceruleanbluebird
ceruleanbluebird
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by kyhalfpt Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:03 pm

Sounds like a wonderful day!! Your bracelet is beautiful, very fitting to welcome spring!!
kyhalfpt
kyhalfpt
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by plumbun Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:41 pm

TFS! Sounds like an amazing day. Your bracelets always look so ripe and juicy...primed for picking! These greens w/the old vine are stunning!!
plumbun
plumbun
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:44 pm

Is sounds like a very fun day

Michelle
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by reltan Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:01 pm

Lovely day...and you have managed so well the greens!!!
reltan
reltan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Freki Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:55 pm

That sounds so nice!!! Thanks for sharing with us! And your bracelet is beautifully done!  bounce I wish I could have been there!
Freki
Freki
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsworld Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:37 pm

perfect beginning of spring! would have loved to see all this and get a glass of wine  sunny and some good food!

I am very intrigued by the silver cross, is that the one the bishop gave to you? it is lovely! as is your combo! the vine bead is one of the best TB ever has done!
Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:55 am

Thank you all for your lovely comments  Hug 

Yes, Cats, that is the cross the Bishop gave us. And behind it I put the cut vine branch Smile
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Gail201 Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:25 pm

How nice to have a festival for the start of spring. It sounds like it was a wonderful day. May the new growth on the vines be as vivid green as your bracelet. Very nicely done.
Gail201
Gail201
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollFantasy Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:57 am

Lovely bracelet! Is that the mixed green armadillo there in the middle? I'm still on the hunt for such a colour, but it takes a long time since I also want the bead to be quite small... Anyway, I love yours!
TrollFantasy
TrollFantasy
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:17 pm

Thank you my dears Smile

@Troll Fantasy: That Dillo is the production one from the green Spring Kit from 2012. But it is one of the bigger ones (not as big as the autumn 2012 release, though).
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Gail201 Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:26 pm

Vine Pruning 20140210

It is interesting how colors can vary in a TB release.  I bought the complete release of teal green beads in first week of the spring release 2012.  The beads are very dark. ( pictured here, the dillo looks a bit bleached out in the sunshine. but it is really dark.) As months went by, newer shipments of the beads feature lighter tones on the same bead.  I am tempted to purchase another one.  The ones I've seen at LD look like a completely different bead--lighter aqua green with a pronounced yellow dot.
Gail201
Gail201
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollFantasy Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:11 pm

Yours is very pretty too Gail201! I've not seen many like that around here, I've been searching since they first came out but I don't visit many different LD either... With these big differences it indeed is tempting to get multiples!
TrollFantasy
TrollFantasy
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Gail201 Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:40 pm

TrollFantasy wrote:Yours is very pretty too Gail201! I've not seen many like that around here, I've been searching since they first came out but I don't visit many different LD either... With these big differences it indeed is tempting to get multiples!

LD nearby can be a bad thing.  If I go into a shop in person and they take the time to show me things, I always feel obligated.  (not to mention, there's always another idea a new combo. ) Evil or Very Mad

Maybe I will be better and I won't do idle shopping when spring arrives.  I need a spring festival to attend like the "Vine Pruning" festival where Trollperle wore hers.  I think that event sounded so ...real.
Gail201
Gail201
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by mdellanno Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:46 pm

Sounds like a great day... Wonderful bracelet.... Smile

mdellanno
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down