BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frau Holle

+6
Catsworld
bubbagump
strike
HeatherD
passpartout
Trollperle
10 posters

Go down

Frau Holle Empty Frau Holle

Post by Trollperle Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:45 pm

January for me is the month of „Frau Holle“. Of winter, coldness, turning inside - and of the promise of spring, beginnings and new chances.

January 6 is Frau Holle´s Feast Day. I just saw on  TV that her Austrian counterpart „Perchta“ will march through the streets in the Obertauern area tomorrow (and I am sure in many others as well) to dispel Winter and the Darkness.

This is my Frau Holle bracelet for this January. The two blizzard beads are really glowing today, while often they stay a bit dull, so this must mean something, as well Smile

Frau Holle Holle_11

This is a bit of a better shot of my „Frau Holle“ necklace. It has been crafted by „Herzblut“ (who crafted my Raven Ring, as well). I totally love her, sorry for the picture quality. The snow flakes in her hair are white gold, the rest of the head and hair is darkened silver and the stones in the chain are Labradorite.

Frau Holle Holle_10
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Frau Holle Empty Re: Frau Holle

Post by passpartout Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:02 pm

very nice for welcome Frau Holle .....
I like the frosty blue colours ..... Like ice on a lake ..... or the blue hour on a frosty winter day
passpartout
passpartout
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by HeatherD Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:20 pm

Such a pretty combo! I love it  Love 
HeatherD
HeatherD
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by strike Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:02 pm

Lovely bracelet (as always!) and that necklace is really stunning!
strike
strike
Troll Guru

http://www.blackbootslonglegs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bubbagump Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:57 pm

I love you 
bubbagump
bubbagump
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsworld Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:57 pm

great bracelet! but the necklace *omg* that is absolutely stunning,  sunny sunny sunny , would love something like that! so special  Love 
but Frau Holle.... brrrrrh.... don't need her, I WANT SPRING  flower Twisted Evil 
Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by minty Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:46 pm

Thats a beautiful bracelet, so lovely winterish and snowy... I wish it would finally snow this winter... and your matching necklace is beautiful as well.  I love you 

When I read the Frau Holle topic it immediately reminded me of the 1985 Frau Holle movie I know from my childhood. It's a Czechoslovakian/German movie - with Jakob and Elisabeth as main characters and of course Frau Holle and Frau Hippe. Does anybody know or remember this movie? I googled and found a wonderful piano version of the movies soundtrack and I've bee humming it for days since I saw your bracelet pics:
minty
minty
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:26 pm

Wonderful music! I do not remember that movie and would love to see it. Could you post or pm a link to more details?

While in Austria last month the nice sales lady in one of the book stores recommended this CD to me „Wolf-Dieter Storl: Frau Holle und andere Pflanzenmärchen“ and it truly is wonderful. He tells the story of Frau Holle (and others) and give some background information/interpretation to it at the same time. I love it!
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:41 pm

Your bracelet is very nice I love your pendant it looks very art nouveau styling.

Michelle
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:43 pm

Michelle wrote:Your bracelet is very nice I love your pendant it looks very art nouveau styling.

I agree and I love the labradorites in the necklace too.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by minty Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:37 pm

Trollperle wrote:Wonderful music! I do not remember that movie and would love to see it. Could you post or pm a link to more details?

While in Austria last month the nice sales lady in one of the book stores recommended this CD to me „Wolf-Dieter Storl: Frau Holle und andere Pflanzenmärchen“ and it truly is wonderful. He tells the story of Frau Holle (and others) and give some background information/interpretation to it at the same time. I love it!

Here's the wikipedia link http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frau_Holle_%281985%29

I found a site where you can watch it online, I'll pm you a link  I love you 
minty
minty
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by alice87 Fri May 15, 2015 6:07 am

Beautiful combo, what is the origin of black stone? I like how labradorite complement the figurine.
alice87
alice87
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Fri May 15, 2015 8:10 pm

Dear Alice, welcome to the forum Smile Maybe you would like to tell a bit more about yourself in our introductory section - here is the link Smile http://www.beadthrilled.com/f6-beadthrilled-community-center

I am not sure what you mean by „black stone“ - there is no stone on this bracelet. If you mean „Frau Holle“, she is a pendant made in blackened silver by „Herzblut“ (R. and M. Lietz), jewellers from Düsseldorf, unfortunately without a web page. Their jewellery often is OOAK (the real thing Smile ) or made in very limited quantities, I absolutely love their art.
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by alice87 Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:28 am

Trollperle wrote:Dear Alice, welcome to the forum Smile Maybe you would like to tell a bit more about yourself in our introductory section - here is the link Smile http://www.beadthrilled.com/f6-beadthrilled-community-center

I am not sure what you mean by „black stone“ - there is no stone on this bracelet. If you mean „Frau Holle“, she is a pendant made in blackened silver by „Herzblut“ (R. and M. Lietz), jewellers from Düsseldorf, unfortunately without a web page. Their jewellery often is OOAK (the real thing Smile ) or made in very limited quantities, I absolutely love their art.
Thank you for the welcome! The black stone is for Frau Holle, but as I see from you response it is a silver, so unusual looking. Laughing
alice87
alice87
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down