BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bead play with my latest purchases

+7
darkangel07760
Trollperle
troll2011
ceruleanbluebird
KimboPL
Mabel
natalyk
11 posters

Go down

bead play with my latest purchases Empty bead play with my latest purchases

Post by natalyk Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:13 pm

I took advantage (oh you could say went totally crazy) with some 50% off sales lately, going as far as calling a store that's not selling online and ordering over the phone, I have enough beads now to become creative and I have another bracelet and just need 5 more silvers to have 2 assembled bracelets at the same time, I also have a pearl FN, which I love. I was away for a week and my packages kept coming. I haven't had much time for bead play yet since I got everything, but here is the bracelet I am wearing now:
bead play with my latest purchases Dark_g10

It has 5 of my new beads on it and my new big flower lock.

Here is my today's FN. I put my new black and white beads on it when it arrived and somehow I still keep it that way, it just works so well with the pearl and with most clothes. Unexpectedly, I even like it with different color bracelets. I like to match the bracelet with the shirt I am wearing, but if I do that with FN it gets lost. The 2 new beads are on top:
bead play with my latest purchases Black_10

I can't believe I got all these bargains... I have to be good and wait until my birthday now, which is hard...
To be continued with my other new beads Smile

natalyk
natalyk
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

bead play with my latest purchases Empty Re: bead play with my latest purchases

Post by Mabel Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:16 pm

Congrats to all your new beauties!! cheers I like your bracelet and your FN combo a lot! Love Rose
Mabel
Mabel
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by KimboPL Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:15 am

Bead play is my favorite play! It's hard to pass on a good bargain but you put your good fortune to beautiful use. I love your color combos of your bracelet & necklace. The big flower lock is one of my favorite locks. It is functional & easy to use. Yet, I really appreciate the beautiful details of the lock - especially the leaves on the side.
KimboPL
KimboPL
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by ceruleanbluebird Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:11 am

Sales are the best!!!!
ceruleanbluebird
ceruleanbluebird
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by troll2011 Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:20 am

Congrats Smile . You simply cannot pass on a 50 % sale!!!

troll2011
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by natalyk Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:37 pm

KimboPL wrote:Bead play is my favorite play! It's hard to pass on a good bargain but you put your good fortune to beautiful use. I love your color combos of your bracelet & necklace. The big flower lock is one of my favorite locks. It is functional & easy to use. Yet, I really appreciate the beautiful details of the lock - especially the leaves on the side.
I love big locks, my first one was a big fish. I find big locks in combination with a tighter bracelet chain are comfortable enough to wear to work. I rotate my bracelet so that my hand is resting on the lock when I am at my computer (which is my whole work day) and it doesn't bother me at all. This wasn't working all that well until I got a full bracelet - too much shifting and sliding. With full bracelet - it's not doing that so I can I wear it every day Smile
natalyk
natalyk
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:58 pm

Bead play is so much fun Smile And your bracelet is very very pretty!
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by darkangel07760 Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:45 am

natalyk wrote:I took advantage (oh you could say went totally crazy) with some 50% off sales lately, going as far as calling a store that's not selling online and ordering over the phone, I have enough beads now to become creative and I have another bracelet and just need 5 more silvers to have 2 assembled bracelets at the same time, I also have a pearl FN, which I love. I was away for a week and my packages kept coming. I haven't had much time for bead play yet since I got everything, but here is the bracelet I am wearing now:
bead play with my latest purchases Dark_g10

It has 5 of my new beads on it and my new big flower lock.

Here is my today's FN. I put my new black and white beads on it when it arrived and somehow I still keep it that way, it just works so well with the pearl and with most clothes. Unexpectedly, I even like it with different color bracelets. I like to match the bracelet with the shirt I am wearing, but if I do that with FN it gets lost. The 2 new beads are on top:
bead play with my latest purchases Black_10

I can't believe I got all these bargains... I have to be good and wait until my birthday now, which is hard...
To be continued with my other new beads Smile

Yay! When i went into the shop the other day, they told me someone from Illinois had called! I am so happy for you! I am sorry to tell you, but there is another shop in CA that is no longer going to sell their beads... I posted it in General chat, go give them a call Wink (sorry, HAD to enable you)
darkangel07760
darkangel07760
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by natalyk Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:13 pm

darkangel07760 wrote:

Yay! When i went into the shop the other day, they told me someone from Illinois had called! I am so happy for you! I am sorry to tell you, but there is another shop in CA that is no longer going to sell their beads... I posted it in General chat, go give them a call Wink (sorry, HAD to enable you)

Yes darkandgel - that was me Smile and I have to thank you! I bought 10 beads, and a new bracelet with a lock and safety chain. I now wish I bought more beads instead of bracelet/lock though. I could have gotten the bracelet local with buy a lock/get a chain free. It would have been just a little more expensive. As it is, they sent me a chain one size too big and, instead of the safety chain, I got a basic lock, which I already own Sad The shipping was $15, which wasn't too bad considering the sale, but now I have to send the bracelet and the basic lock back. They will exchange the bracelet, but it is another shipping charge... The good part though, I have another chance to order something else since they will be shipping another package to me Smile I just have to decide what... I think I need silvers more than glass now, if I get a few more silvers I will be able to make 2 bracelets at a time... They have the wine harvest, but I'm not sure about it - I love it on some pictures, but not others... The ones I saw at LD were super-shiny, which didn't look so good to me on such a detailed bead... They also have a lab, but I imagine the last one wouldn't be such a great catch. Have you seen it by any chance? Anything you saw there that you can recommend?
I saw your other post, but I think after buying 20 beads, a FN and a bracelet at 50% off from 2 sales in the last month I will pass the 30% off. I am amazed my husband hasn't divorced me yet over all this spending... If you think about it, I would never have spent that much in such a short time if not for the sales... I went from 7 beads in December to 52 in June, even considering only 5 of them were bought at full price - that is a lot of money Embarassed I really love my collection though and wear my beads every day...
natalyk
natalyk
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Fera Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:45 pm

I love the FN!! Great design!
Fera
Fera
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzyfeet Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:20 pm

I love having lots of beads to play with ! Embarassed
Fuzzyfeet
Fuzzyfeet
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by stacecase Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:44 pm

Wow! Both look fantastic! And you've really inspired me about the FN. I find that I don't wear mine enough because it's too time consuming to make it match my bracelets every day (I have some of those already made up in different colors).

I think making a more neutral FN that goes with several things is a WAY better idea, then I can just change it up sometimes when I have time.

You've done a great job picking new beads and congratulations on the sales! Smile
stacecase
stacecase
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by natalyk Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:52 pm

stacecase wrote:Wow! Both look fantastic! And you've really inspired me about the FN. I find that I don't wear mine enough because it's too time consuming to make it match my bracelets every day (I have some of those already made up in different colors).

I think making a more neutral FN that goes with several things is a WAY better idea, then I can just change it up sometimes when I have time.

You've done a great job picking new beads and congratulations on the sales! Smile

Thanks stacecase! Your designs inspired me so many times Smile I also find it very easy to drop a bead or two of different colors on the top portion of lariat to match the bracelet/clothing while leaving the beads by the pearl pendant neutral. The bottom beads end up on top of my shirt and the top ones against the skin. I recently used lavender stripes and red bud on top and black and white on the bottom with a gray/blue shirt. I liked the look. I had mostly blue bracelet to go with it. I didn't take a picture though.
natalyk
natalyk
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by BusyBeads Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:08 pm

Congratulations on your finds and purchases in the sales. I absolutely love your bead play. The combination and colours of your beads is very striking.
BusyBeads
BusyBeads
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down