BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

getting to know my brand new FN

+3
strike
FrenchRedPoppy
natalyk
7 posters

Go down

getting to know my brand new FN Empty getting to know my brand new FN

Post by natalyk Wed May 15, 2013 10:13 pm

Here is my first design attempt. All of the beads on the FN are the new beads that came with it today. I was even able to fit one inside the ballerinas and use it as a splitter. I wasn't sure that would work, but it did! It was a pain to thread it through though, so maybe it wasn't intended to be used that way. I don't know if I am going to use it this way often, to hard to assemble, probably I will do lariat instead. By I do love the length when it is doubled.
I also love how the ballerinas are suspended in the middle of the chain separately from the other beads. To achieve this with lariat I would probably need to use a stopper. I wonder if other splitters, like the rose are easier to use and if they stay suspended like this on their own?

getting to know my brand new FN 20130512

and here is lariat style. The silver bead on top is my new faces - it didn't come out on the photo:
getting to know my brand new FN 20130513

I am enjoying it so much! I even got to love this shirt, which I never wore before. Is it only me, or is everyone buys clothes that would work best to show off their beads? I need to go shop for solid color shirts for summer Smile
natalyk
natalyk
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

getting to know my brand new FN Empty Re: getting to know my brand new FN

Post by FrenchRedPoppy Thu May 16, 2013 6:10 pm

cheers Congratulations !! Your pearl is very beautifull and elegant.
Yes i also try to adapt my clothes to my beads !
FrenchRedPoppy
FrenchRedPoppy
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by strike Sat May 18, 2013 4:31 am

Congrats on your FN! Both ways look great, but I do like the ballerinas at the top. Smile I have the baby dragon splitter and the zucchini and I can get both to stay suspended like that without a stopper, but I'm not sure if they would stay suspended all day or not (I tend to play quite a bit with mine, so it doesn't really get the chance to be suspended fo an extended amount of time Embarassed )
strike
strike
Troll Guru

http://www.blackbootslonglegs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by natalyk Sat May 18, 2013 4:55 am

strike wrote:Congrats on your FN! Both ways look great, but I do like the ballerinas at the top. Smile I have the baby dragon splitter and the zucchini and I can get both to stay suspended like that without a stopper, but I'm not sure if they would stay suspended all day or not (I tend to play quite a bit with mine, so it doesn't really get the chance to be suspended fo an extended amount of time Embarassed )

Thank you! Nice to know zucchini and the baby dragon stay suspended like that, I've been wondering... That is actually my preferred look for a splitter and I'm sure I will end up having more than one. I wore the ballerinas all day at work today and it stayed pretty much in place. I still play with them a little - I have to admit, but I actually had to work pretty hard to loosen the chain first before I could readjust it. I hope the chain is not too tight around the ballerinas to do any damage to it. I've been wearing my FN for 2 days now and I absolutely love it and I love the length too, which is lucky since I wasn't sure I would when I was getting it, I just couldn't resist a 50% off and it was either 110cm or 60cm.
I have 2 beads that fit inside the ballerinas: the one on the picture - black spot and an OOAK honey colored with a small white flower. Both are really small. I love love love the FN and I have just the earrings for it too - the matching drop shaped pearls that I didn't wear much before.
natalyk
natalyk
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsworld Sat May 18, 2013 9:31 am

I love the way you are wearing your FN! I haven't got the ballerinas but they really look great, sunny
when I got my first FN I bought Hydrangea splitter and that one could be worn as a splitter and on a normal necklace,
later I have been wearing my FN only not doubled, I got the 90cm length and it was a bit too short for wearing doubled, and of course too long for wearing it without splitter,
later I bought 70-80cm, they are so easily done and I always feel well with them.
Enjoy your necklace and please show more pics! sunny
Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by sunnytroll Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:11 pm

So pretty, both ways!! I love the simplicity.
sunnytroll
sunnytroll
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by darkangel07760 Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:38 am

Love it!
darkangel07760
darkangel07760
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mini Gnome Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:46 pm

It looks great! I love what you've come up with - how long your FN chain? It looks perfect.

I took prefer certain tops to wear with mine, and will alter my outfit to fit the beads!
Mini Gnome
Mini Gnome
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by natalyk Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:31 pm

Mini Gnome wrote:It looks great! I love what you've come up with - how long your FN chain? It looks perfect.

I took prefer certain tops to wear with mine, and will alter my outfit to fit the beads!

It is 110cm, I can't remember what it is in inches, I bought it from UK.
I only wear it double and love the length.
natalyk
natalyk
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down