BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Buddah Bangle

+14
malu09
Trollperle
KimboPL
FrenchRedPoppy
lindakm
ceruleanbluebird
AmongGumTrees
Mabel
AquaAura
Brightonbelle
hayseed
kyhalfpt
darkangel07760
ZAKLINZ
18 posters

Go down

My Buddah Bangle Empty My Buddah Bangle

Post by ZAKLINZ Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:58 am

I have a collection of Chinese and Japanese blue & white porcelain pieces that inspired this bangle. I guess it's better than carrying around a vase!
[img]My Buddah Bangle Buddah10[/img]
ZAKLINZ
ZAKLINZ
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

My Buddah Bangle Empty Re: My Buddah Bangle

Post by darkangel07760 Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:23 am

ZAKLINZ wrote:I have a collection of Chinese and Japanese blue & white porcelain pieces that inspired this bangle. I guess it's better than carrying around a vase!
[img]My Buddah Bangle Buddah10[/img]

I love this! I might try so.ething with my Pandora Buddha
darkangel07760
darkangel07760
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by kyhalfpt Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:02 am

Very nice, I am loving the bangle more and more with each combo I see!
kyhalfpt
kyhalfpt
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by hayseed Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:53 am

Beautiful! cyclops cyclops cyclops
I I love you the bangle!!!
hayseed
hayseed
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:41 am

That is so lovely. I have my father's collection of blue and white porcelain so I find this particularly appealing.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by AquaAura Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:48 am

Very effective - love it! The bangle is very versatile Love

Last edited by AquaAura on Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correcting typo)
AquaAura
AquaAura
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Mabel Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:51 am

Wonderful! Love
Mabel
Mabel
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by AmongGumTrees Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:46 am

I love this as a bangle idea! The white/blue porcelain beads are cool, but it would take a long time to collect enough for a full bracelet.
AmongGumTrees
AmongGumTrees
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

http://pinterest.com/amonggumtrees

Back to top Go down

Post by ceruleanbluebird Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:00 pm

I bet he sits nicely on your wrist.
ceruleanbluebird
ceruleanbluebird
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by ZAKLINZ Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:34 pm

Thank you ladies. Yes, he does sit nicely. Smile And yes, this was a much quicker way to satisfy my need for a blue and white bracelet. Particularly because I am fussy with blue and whites and I am not blessed with a lot of patience to wait for the "right " ones.
ZAKLINZ
ZAKLINZ
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by lindakm Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:19 pm

It's gorgeous, Zaklinz! That bead on the left of the buddah is amazing...
lindakm
lindakm
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by FrenchRedPoppy Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:22 pm

I like your ooaks ! Very Happy
FrenchRedPoppy
FrenchRedPoppy
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by KimboPL Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:19 pm

Very beautiful!
KimboPL
KimboPL
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Thu May 02, 2013 3:21 pm

It is very very lovely (and probably not as heavy as a vase Wink ) Love
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by malu09 Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:59 pm

I recently bought buddah, and just notice that mine don't has lines or detailed in his chair, anyone know if is a buddah like this???

malu09
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Monique26 Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:30 am

Looks great. I could barely contain myself while the page loaded. I like this bead a lot and love to see it!
Monique26
Monique26
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by plumbun Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:55 am

malu09 wrote:I recently bought buddah, and just notice that mine don't has lines or detailed in his chair, anyone know if is a buddah like this???

hey malu, my best answer is "yes, but." i've seen photos where a collector put 2 buddhas, both purchased in person at a licensed dealer's shop (LD), side by side to show how the detail and texture can vary significantly...one had a lot of detail, the other was mostly smooth--not totally smooth though--- and the back of the chair was just kind of slightly stippled but no lines or deep detail.

it seems like with the buddha bead there is a huge variation in detail on the back of the chair and on the bottom front part...but i don't know if i've ever seen one that is completely smooth...i saw one at my LD where the back looked smooth, BUT there was still a trace of where a detail was supposed to be, if that makes sense. is this how yours is? my buddha has the lines on the chair, but his hand is a little smooshed--i guess he lost a finger while meditating-- Smile where others seem to even have a more well defined lines between all fingers...i picked lines on the chair over an extra finger, but i've read where people like the less detail on the chair that seems more smooth...

BUT if purchased outside of an LD, detail, in general, is another can of worms...in theory it could not have the lines and still be good to go (OR it could even have the lines and not be good to go)...(puts away the can opener and walks away from worms  sunny)

hope that helps!
plumbun
plumbun
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by plumbun Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:56 am

ZAKLINZ wrote:I have a collection of Chinese and Japanese blue & white porcelain pieces that inspired this bangle. I guess it's better than carrying around a vase!
My Buddah Bangle <a href=My Buddah Bangle Buddah10" />

LOVE those vases too and you really capture them here! (and definitely a more portable home for the buddha.)
plumbun
plumbun
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

My Buddah Bangle Empty thank you so much for your help!!! meens a lot to me!!! I like buddah detailed :( I may do oxiditation process.

Post by malu09 Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:08 am

plumbun wrote:

malu09 wrote:I recently bought buddah, and just notice that mine don't has lines or detailed in his chair, anyone know if is a buddah like this???

hey malu, my best answer is "yes, but." i've seen photos where a collector put 2 buddhas, both purchased in person at a licensed dealer's shop (LD), side by side to show how the detail and texture can vary significantly...one had a lot of detail, the other was mostly smooth--not totally smooth though--- and the back of the chair was just kind of slightly stippled but no lines or deep detail.

it seems like with the buddha bead there is a huge variation in detail on the back of the chair and on the bottom front part...but i don't know if i've ever seen one that is completely smooth...i saw one at my LD where the back looked smooth, BUT there was still a trace of where a detail was supposed to be, if that makes sense. is this how yours is? my buddha has the lines on the chair, but his hand is a little smooshed--i guess he lost a finger while meditating-- :)where others seem to even have a more well defined lines between all fingers...i picked lines on the chair over an extra finger, but i've read where people like the less detail on the chair that seems more smooth...

BUT if purchased outside of an LD, detail, in general, is another can of worms...in theory it could not have the lines and still be good to go (OR it could even have the lines and not be good to go)...(puts away the can opener and walks away from worms  sunny)

hope that helps!

malu09
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by ZAKLINZ Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:29 am

malu09 wrote:

plumbun wrote:

it seems like with the buddha bead there is a huge variation in detail on the back of the chair and on the bottom front part...but i don't know if i've ever seen one that is completely smooth...i saw one at my LD where the back looked smooth, BUT there was still a trace of where a detail was supposed to be, if that makes sense. is this how yours is? my buddha has the lines on the chair, but his hand is a little smooshed--i guess he lost a finger while meditating-- :)where others seem to even have a more well defined lines between all fingers...i picked lines on the chair over an extra finger, but i've read where people like the less detail on the chair that seems more smooth...

hope that helps!

I'm not sure if you mean that there is detail there but it doesn't show, in which case, oxidization should help. Or if you mean that there is no detail at all. I believe that a perfectly authentic bead can have less detail simply as a result of over polishing, or a wearing-out of the mold. I could be wrong, but it makes sense to me.
ZAKLINZ
ZAKLINZ
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollFantasy Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:53 am

I love this bangle, it really sends out a calming energy!
TrollFantasy
TrollFantasy
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by ZAKLINZ Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:14 pm

TrollFantasy wrote:I love this bangle, it really sends out a calming energy!
Thank you!
ZAKLINZ
ZAKLINZ
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by splinty Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:32 pm

So wonderfully, simply serene Buddha  I love the enlightening lotus flowers on the ends too  Daisy white Hope it brings you much peace and love wearing it  I love you
splinty
splinty
Admin

Back to top Go down