BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Earth Theme

+15
Catsworld
splinty
AmongGumTrees
Freki
NMGirl
chestersnickers
Mabel
Fleur
stacecase
trollmoll
lindakm
ceruleanbluebird
Anita
swisstroll
Chuck
19 posters

Go down

Earth Theme Empty Earth Theme

Post by Chuck Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:24 pm

Earth Theme Image119[/url[url=http://www.beadthrilled.com/gallery/Personal-album-of-charlesarrington/When-the-world-was-new-pic_8436.htm]Earth Theme Image120[/url[url=http://www.beadthrilled.com/gallery/Personal-album-of-charlesarrington/Earthy-pic_8437.htm]Earth Theme Image121 Not all there Spock Sick king afro
Chuck
Chuck
Troll Magus

Back to top Go down

Earth Theme Empty Re: Earth Theme

Post by swisstroll Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:50 pm

Sigh!!!! Shocked
swisstroll
swisstroll
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:35 pm

Amazing. sunny
Anita
Anita
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by ceruleanbluebird Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:41 pm

Exceptional beads! I am curious. When did you discover Old Earth and when was your first purchase? Were they still in production or retired? Other than you, I don't know of anyone who posts these beads as regularly as you.
ceruleanbluebird
ceruleanbluebird
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by lindakm Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:57 pm

Woot
lindakm
lindakm
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuck Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:21 pm

ceruleanbluebird wrote:Exceptional beads! I am curious. When did you discover Old Earth and when was your first purchase? Were they still in production or retired? Other than you, I don't know of anyone who posts these beads as regularly as you.

Great questions! When I started collecting TB, these were long, long gone. I liked the "Then" current lineup of beads but, they just didn't grab me. It wasn't until I saw an "OE", "Cookie Monster", Tibet Capp and the Silver Python that I was immediately taken! About five years ago, i saw an OE for sale and desperately wanted it but felt the asking price was obscene! And for a bit of glass no less! I passed on it and immediately regretted it. As fate would have it Louise posted one for sale @ the TB Gallery and I bought my very first OE and Python! From that point forward I have been on a mission to get 10. why do you ask? Another forum member assembled wha for me was the perfect TB bracelet. It consisted of nothing but long retired silvers and 10 OEs. So, it's been a dream of mine to replicate what she created. I'm close to my goal but may not ever reach the 10 I seek as they are so very rare and when they become available, they are just a wee bit pricey! Very Happy While I have a few, there are collectors from Australia, The Netherlands & the UK whose collections dwarf mine in every detail. For me, it's finding what you like and I just happen to love retired TB glass and silver! So, to answer your question, I started this quest long after these beads where retired. Fortune has smiled on me and I have made the most of my searches! This is do in large part to fellow collectors who "share" their treasures from time to time!
Chuck
Chuck
Troll Magus

Back to top Go down

Post by trollmoll Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:17 pm

Out of this world!
trollmoll
trollmoll
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by stacecase Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:08 pm

Absolutely breathtaking!!
stacecase
stacecase
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:49 pm

Troll at it's best. Love your style Very Happy
Fleur
Fleur
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Mabel Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:50 pm

Your old silver beads are so gorgeous, stylish and so much troll!! And your OEs are beyond words! Shocked
Mabel
Mabel
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by chestersnickers Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:57 pm

Fleur wrote:Troll at it's best. Love your style Very Happy
Agree completely! That is the reason for loving Trollbeads!
chestersnickers
chestersnickers
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by ceruleanbluebird Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:57 pm

Chuck wrote:
ceruleanbluebird wrote:Exceptional beads! I am curious. When did you discover Old Earth and when was your first purchase? Were they still in production or retired? Other than you, I don't know of anyone who posts these beads as regularly as you.

Great questions! When I started collecting TB, these were long, long gone. I liked the "Then" current lineup of beads but, they just didn't grab me. It wasn't until I saw an "OE", "Cookie Monster", Tibet Capp and the Silver Python that I was immediately taken! About five years ago, i saw an OE for sale and desperately wanted it but felt the asking price was obscene! And for a bit of glass no less! I passed on it and immediately regretted it. As fate would have it Louise posted one for sale @ the TB Gallery and I bought my very first OE and Python! From that point forward I have been on a mission to get 10. why do you ask? Another forum member assembled wha for me was the perfect TB bracelet. It consisted of nothing but long retired silvers and 10 OEs. So, it's been a dream of mine to replicate what she created. I'm close to my goal but may not ever reach the 10 I seek as they are so very rare and when they become available, they are just a wee bit pricey! Very Happy While I have a few, there are collectors from Australia, The Netherlands & the UK whose collections dwarf mine in every detail. For me, it's finding what you like and I just happen to love retired TB glass and silver! So, to answer your question, I started this quest long after these beads where retired. Fortune has smiled on me and I have made the most of my searches! This is do in large part to fellow collectors who "share" their treasures from time to time!

I am always blown away by your collection. Truly, I rarely see an OE. That is why I posted a thread about showing your oldies. I wanted to see how far back we could go in the collection with our collections! My most prized old silvers would be the retired Chinese silvers. I am still searching for a Navaho and Tibet Tibet. I think I like too much and so my collection spreads out and I don't concentrate on particulars or doubles or triples, etc. I always appreciate the bracelet of someone who invested in a certain piece whether it's old glass or a current stone.
ceruleanbluebird
ceruleanbluebird
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by NMGirl Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:56 pm

Wow! Striking!
NMGirl
NMGirl
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Freki Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:04 pm

Love it!
Freki
Freki
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by AmongGumTrees Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:44 am

Perfect. I think the ambers/lavastone(?) look great with the silvers and OEs, maybe even better than if the bracelet was just silver and OEs. Old Earth was such an amazing bead.
AmongGumTrees
AmongGumTrees
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

http://pinterest.com/amonggumtrees

Back to top Go down

Post by splinty Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:36 am

I feel it's only fair that I confiscate this entry for breaking the monthly theme design rules. This isn't Earth....it's HEAVEN!! I love you Woot I love you
splinty
splinty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsworld Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:29 am

just recovered from fainting! Very Happy Sensational! Never ever seen before!

and Splinty, no the theme design rules were not broken, it Heaven on Earth! sunny Love
Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzyfeet Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:38 am

I love seeing your wonderful beads Very Happy
Fuzzyfeet
Fuzzyfeet
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by KimboPL Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:17 am

Complete perfection! The glass beads are thoroughly stunning and the silver pieces complement the design flawlessly.
KimboPL
KimboPL
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by reltan Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:34 am

I really appreciate your collection, what are the black beads? Lava beads? May I ask you if you just collect this level of beads or you end up as well buying a lot of stuff?!
reltan
reltan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by niceday Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:37 pm

Its great to have a goal when you collect things Very Happy Your earth beads
are amazing Very Happy
niceday
niceday
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuck Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:04 pm

reltan wrote:I really appreciate your collection, what are the black beads? Lava beads? May I ask you if you just collect this level of beads or you end up as well buying a lot of stuff?!

The black beads are lava beads by Macrow & Sons. There is also a TB lava and one I snagged on etsy. I tend to stay in this arena when it comes to glass. Silvers too but, not as stringently!
Chuck
Chuck
Troll Magus

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuck Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:05 pm

niceday wrote:Its great to have a goal when you collect things Very Happy Your earth beads
are amazing Very Happy
Thank you! king
Chuck
Chuck
Troll Magus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down