BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which arm?

+5
Catsworld
plumbun
Nancy Foley
Smaug
LisaB
9 posters

Go down

Which arm? Empty Which arm?

Post by LisaB Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:12 pm

I am interested in a dragon lock, but don't know the difference in the left vs right arm locks. I'm sure it has something to do with which way the dragon is facing, but I was hoping someone could explain the difference to me!!!
LisaB
LisaB
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Which arm? Empty Re: Which arm?

Post by Smaug Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:49 pm

It is as simple as that! Very Happy
Which arm do you prefer to wear your bracelet on?

On the picture below you can see a dragon for the right arm..
Which arm? Wrappi10
Smaug
Smaug
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/beadthrilled http://pinterest.com/source/beadthrilled.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LisaB Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:45 am

Mostly I wear my bracelets on the left arm, as I have to write too much at work and don't like them banging on the table! I'm thinking it doesn't matter too much and you could wear your dragon on either arem as long as you clasp the dragon so that he/she doesn't have her back facing out! In other words, the head would be up when worn on one arm and down when worn on the other. Does that make sense? Am I on the right track?
LisaB
LisaB
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Nancy Foley Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:29 pm

I wear my bracelets on my cocktail hand, the right wrist, for emphasis when making a toast.

Last edited by Nancy Foley on Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wording.)

Nancy Foley
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by plumbun Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:35 pm

sorry--if i seem SUPER dim witted on this...

i'd like the dragon facing towards me (wings turned out to the world, bahahahaha!):

if i get it for the left arm, will it face me w/the head pointing north?...and is it possible, as lisa said, to turn the bracelet reverse so that it would still face me on the right arm w/the head pointing south? and same for right--head toward me north, then south on left? or is that not the case? thanks in advance for additional input!

Last edited by plumbun on Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
plumbun
plumbun
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsworld Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:38 pm

I think you have to decide which arm to wear the lock, if you want it on the left arm then you have to order a left arm lock, then it will face you most of the time,
I personally have a left arm lock, I cannot close the lock if I want to wear it on my right arm, therefore you have to decide first and then stick to it, or get two locks  Very Happy 
Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by plumbun Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:40 pm

Catsworld wrote:I think you have to decide which arm to wear the lock, if you want it on the left arm then you have to order a left arm lock, then it will face you most of the time,
I personally have a left arm lock, I cannot close the lock if I want to wear it on my right arm, therefore you have to decide first and then stick to it, or get two locks  Very Happy 

thanks, cats! i was so worried about how it'd look that function did not occur to me at all!  Razz 
plumbun
plumbun
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by retiredk9racer Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:13 pm

I do not want to add to the confusion here but I was very confused by the right arm/left arm, facing outward/inward concepts (doesn't say much for my mental acuity I guess - LOL!) and after looking at Sita's picture of her right wrist, it appears that the head of her dragon lock is pointed away from her body while somehow or other I managed to order a right arm lock and I wear it this way with its head pointing towards my body:

Which arm? DSC02378_zps1230e28a

If I had managed to get my whole hand in the picture, my thumb would be at the bottom. I don't know if this has helped or added to the confusion!! All I know is that the large end of all of my locks is closest to or facing my body - I couldn't work the clasps any other way.
retiredk9racer
retiredk9racer
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by cshynkaruk Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:35 pm

Doesn't it have to do with the ease of doing up the lock?
cshynkaruk
cshynkaruk
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by plumbun Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:20 am

thanks for the picture and the input, rk9r. i appreciate it. you have not added to the confusion at all! i thought sita's was pointed toward her and yours away, LOL so your input is helpful!! i'm still a little  Question but that's just b/c i have no sense of direction, distance, volume. . . .i cld go on... thanks for your help!

retiredk9racer wrote:I do not want to add to the confusion here but I was very confused by the right arm/left arm, facing outward/inward concepts (doesn't say much for my mental acuity I guess - LOL!) and after looking at Sita's picture of her right wrist, it appears that the head of her dragon lock is pointed away from her body while somehow or other I managed to order a right arm lock and I wear it this way with its head pointing towards my body:

Which arm? DSC02378_zps1230e28a

If I had managed to get my whole hand in the picture, my thumb would be at the bottom.  I don't know if this has helped or added to the confusion!!  All I know is that the large end of all of my locks is closest to or facing my body - I couldn't work the clasps any other way.

plumbun
plumbun
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by minty Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:59 pm

I was reading this thread as well before ordering my lock as I was confused with the left arm / right arm thing.
I'm wearing my bracelet on my left arm but wanted a dragon facing right (like the one on Sita's arm, so I bought the right arm version. I hope it is ok to link the pic from faerybeads store?

So basically the 3 locks with head facing right are right arm locks and the other 8 locks with head facing left are left arm locks. It doesn't matter which arm you wear the bracelet on, you just have to chose the way you want the lock to be on your arm. Hope that helps  I love you 

Which arm? Full24626541_b
minty
minty
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by plumbun Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:59 pm

that helps a bunch, minty! thank you  I love you 
plumbun
plumbun
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by iluvbeads Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:25 pm

A very helpful thread.....thanks bunches.

iluvbeads
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum