BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I would love to see them keep beads small core only.

+41
misssodakgal
LindaJo
TwinMom
Bowerbird
Fuzzyfeet
kionee
Engel
soxfan
Beadgirl
angeltroll
Clochard
alltrolls
mdellanno
Monique26
LoopyLou
harmony
flowertroll
busy bee
luvintrollbeads
jodeva39
Wildthing
DblJJ
Trolls
GRUMPY
wiggit
Pandabee(uk)
Bluesybeads
Carla
My 4 Trollboys
Silmaril
lobby
goody4paws
trollmoll
rainyday
rollypoly troll
Guinivere
Blairkj
snowy
Brightonbelle
retiredk9racer
neonfiller
45 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

beads - I would love to see them keep beads small core only. Empty I would love to see them keep beads small core only.

Post by neonfiller Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:57 pm

I understand the appeal to collectors of other brands, but the smaller core is really what sets this brand apart from others. I think the larger cores will make it much more difficult to differentiate between a real and fake trollbead.
neonfiller
neonfiller
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

beads - I would love to see them keep beads small core only. Empty Re: I would love to see them keep beads small core only.

Post by retiredk9racer Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:03 pm

Agree

I know I posted earlier in another thread that the core size didn't matter to me if I really loved the bead (i.e., some of the Haiti releases) but after giving it more thought, I definitely agree that I prefer the smaller TB core overall, especially when using the leather bracelets. A number of the silver beads will fit on other brands of bracelets so there is the potential for crossover with these beads. Plus, since other brands will fit on TB bracelets, if people want to mix them up, all they need to do is invest in just one TB bracelet. Plus that is a very good point about differentiating between real and fake beads.
retiredk9racer
retiredk9racer
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

beads - I would love to see them keep beads small core only. Empty Re: I would love to see them keep beads small core only.

Post by neonfiller Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:13 pm

I also think if there are larger cores, it could make me rethink buying an artisan bead vs. a trollbead, mostly due to the price difference and there are plenty of beautiful artisan beads out there equally as nice as some of trollbead's designs.
neonfiller
neonfiller
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:13 pm

I hope that big cores does not lead to big beads like the weird giant ones that Pandora suddenly produced. I looked at them and thought - how on earth are you supposed to wear that?
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by neonfiller Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:22 pm

Agree
I have several huge honkin' Haiti beads that I never wear.
neonfiller
neonfiller
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by snowy Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:31 pm

Where can I sign to vote for small cores ?

Tell me, do you know anybody who is collecting Pandora or Chamilia and wants TB glas beads for her bracelet ? Most Pandora collectors I know love the blingbling of the silvers with stones ! And there are lots of nice glas beads from all other brands that fit Pandora.

I won´t buy any Trollbeads with bigger core Evil or Very Mad
snowy
snowy
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Blairkj Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:37 pm

I hope they stay with smaller cores also. It is easier to tell they are Trollbeads. And yes with bigger cores, artisian beads will look more appealing due to the price difference.
Blairkj
Blairkj
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by neonfiller Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:41 pm

P vs. troll = cookie cutter vs. expressive. Smile
neonfiller
neonfiller
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guinivere Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:43 pm

Brightonbelle wrote:I hope that big cores does not lead to big beads like the weird giant ones that Pandora suddenly produced. I looked at them and thought - how on earth are you supposed to wear that?

I saw the Pandora beads IRL. They're about the same size as the TB fantasy OOAKS but not nearly as pretty. They had some leather bracelets, each with just one bead, and the bead can't be changed. I'm sure they would work on the lariat necklace just like the fantasy chain.
Guinivere
Guinivere
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by rollypoly troll Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:26 am

Keep them small. No
rollypoly troll
rollypoly troll
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by rainyday Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:56 am

I have to agree that I like the small core beads better, this keeps the size of the bead manageable, the large core are usually much bigger and I'd prefer smaller but CHUBBY!
rainyday
rainyday
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

http://trollgirl2.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by trollmoll Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:29 am

Have you noticed that there seems to be intermediate sizes, not just big and small? I do prefer the smaller cores and smaller beads but if the larger cores were on a LE that I loved, I would not mind. However, I would try to pick the smallest versions of the beads. I have heard Pandora people in stores asking if the TBs they like will fit on P bracelets. Some stores keep a list of the silvers that will. I think there would be cross-buying if the powers that be don't keep the brands apart in stores. Frankly, I think it would be a win-win for all.
trollmoll
trollmoll
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by goody4paws Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:43 am

As I often put a very large artisan bead as a central focal bead on my TB bracelets, I don't really mind the difference in core sizes, but practically speaking, the larger cored normal size beads hang differently on the bracelet and that silly irregularity really annoys me! No idea why ... it just does. It's irrelevant what size core the focal bead has because it's overall size cancels out any difference in how it sits on the bracelet.
So my vote is for standard sized small cores! Clap
goody4paws
goody4paws
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by lobby Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:37 pm

I prefer the small cores...have the larger one with the Charity beads....but then the beads are larger and do so like my beads about 14mm but chubby....yes love chubby beads..... beads - I would love to see them keep beads small core only. 206562
lobby
lobby
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Silmaril Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:43 pm

Small cores please Two cents
Silmaril
Silmaril
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by My 4 Trollboys Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:47 pm

Small core all they way for me Wink
My 4 Trollboys
My 4 Trollboys
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:52 pm

rollypoly troll wrote:Keep them small. No

I agree!
Carla
Carla
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluesybeads Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:59 pm

retiredk9racer wrote: Plus, since other brands will fit on TB bracelets, if people want to mix them up, all they need to do is invest in just one TB bracelet.

Taking this quote out of context I could not help laughing about JUST ONE TB BRACELET lol!
When have anyone invested in JUST ONE - I have several lol!
Bluesybeads
Bluesybeads
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandabee(uk) Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:55 pm

rainyday wrote:I have to agree that I like the small core beads better, this keeps the size of the bead manageable, the large core are usually much bigger and I'd prefer smaller but CHUBBY!
Agree
Pandabee(uk)
Pandabee(uk)
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by wiggit Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:08 pm

I'm confused (nothing new there!) are there plans to change the size of the core? I really hope not, as I don't think they'd sit right on the chain scratch

wiggit
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by GRUMPY Fri May 13, 2011 11:33 pm

absolutely small core is preferred.
GRUMPY
GRUMPY
Trolldiva

http://www.paula4u.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Trolls Fri May 13, 2011 11:39 pm

Small core much preferred...
Trolls
Trolls
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by rainyday Fri May 13, 2011 11:57 pm

wiggit wrote:I'm confused (nothing new there!) are there plans to change the size of the core? I really hope not, as I don't think they'd sit right on the chain scratch

There was some talk of "new" style OOAKs being released with a universal size core, meaning bigger so that they will fit on other brands like Pandora & Chamilia. Basically they would be just like the Haiti or Pink Empowerment beads that were released in the U.S.
rainyday
rainyday
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

http://trollgirl2.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DblJJ Sat May 14, 2011 12:01 am

Small Cores Please. The larger cores do not seem to be as integrated with the chain. Big seem to move on the chain differently. My opinion.
DblJJ
DblJJ
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildthing Sat May 14, 2011 8:12 am

I won't buy any glass bead with a bigger core from anywhere, I don't like them.

It's odd that I find lots of TB silver with a slightly bigger or irregular shapped core (ie 'snails in love') sits fine on the chain, but I couldn't get on with the big hole of the chinese silvers at all.

I think if they do end up hoiking up the price and increasing the hole, they will struggle to shift them.

Wildthing
Wildthing
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next