BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Trollbead Disappointment... What would you do?

+8
Fuzzyfeet
Anita
Michelle
Trollperle
Brightonbelle
Tinka
PMJ
Ennui
12 posters

Go down

New Trollbead Disappointment... What would you do? Empty New Trollbead Disappointment... What would you do?

Post by Ennui Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:36 am

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and not quite sure if this is the right place to put this post so if there is a better place, mods please move. Very Happy

So I recently decided to purchase a trollstone at quite a high price because I loved the colors and design (still do). There was no mention of anything problematic about the bead. When it arrived, it had a large chip in it. It did not happen during transport because it came in a small clear baggie and there was no fragment in the bag.

New Trollbead Disappointment... What would you do? SMemo_01

I've circled the chip. So what do you think I should do guys? Email them? Just accept it? I'm not sure I want to return it, but then again, it's not really worth the price I paid IMO. Thanks for your help!
Ennui
Ennui
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

New Trollbead Disappointment... What would you do? Empty Re: New Trollbead Disappointment... What would you do?

Post by PMJ Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:19 am

Absolutely contact the person you got it from and talk about the problem. Maybe they can help you out or offer you an other solution. Things like this are always a nightmare... I cross my fingers for you and hope you find a solution.
PMJ
PMJ
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

New Trollbead Disappointment... What would you do? Empty Re: New Trollbead Disappointment... What would you do?

Post by Tinka Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:01 am

It depends from whom you purchased. Contact the seller, and if it is an official TB-dealer, you get a refund, that's for sure.
If it is not an official dealer, I hope he/she is trustworthy and you can work it out together. Don't ever accept a damaged bead, unless for free. Beads are far to expensive to keep your mouth shut about things like this, at least that's my opinion: damaged beads are worth nothing.
I wish you good luck!

Last edited by Tinka on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Tinka
Tinka
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:02 am

PMJ wrote:Absolutely contact the person you got it from and talk about the problem. Maybe they can help you out or offer you an other solution. Things like this are always a nightmare... I cross my fingers for you and hope you find a solution.

Agree

I was sent a badly cracked bead recently. The seller gave me a full refund.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollperle Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:16 am

I think I would send it back - I am sure there is another bead out there that you will love as much and that is undamaged.

I could live with „unique“ or „visually challenged“ (I hate to call a bead „ugly“ Wink ), which happened to me, once (though I had seen a picture but somehow the colour and the theme I had so much sought „blinded“ me): I was really disappointed by the tiny size and the flowers looking like they had been done by a small child, all fuzzie... I put it away for a while and it started to grow on me and last week it made its debut on a bracelet Wink - Beads are sneaky little creatures.

But a damaged one would be different, I just would not feel good wearing it and TB for me is all about feeling good / loving my treasures Smile So, I would send it back, but that is just my opinion. You should do what feels best to you!
Trollperle
Trollperle
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:23 am

Just a little thought - maybe you should take the bead off the chain and put it back in the little bag until the issue has been clarified. The seller could see that photo, think that you had been using the bead and say that you have damaged it yourself.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:37 am

It is lovly bead.
I will contact seller and return the bead. There will be more trollstones to buy in the future. Some times a jeweller will not notice so much of the damage I have had this happen.

Michelle
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:43 am

In my opinion you should return it, especially as you paid a high price. Whatever led to the bead getting chipped may also have caused a stress fracture within the bead. It may not take much for the bead to break completely. There will be other beads.
Anita
Anita
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzyfeet Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:52 am

I couldn't live with a chip, I would send it back Neutral
Fuzzyfeet
Fuzzyfeet
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sware Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:21 pm

So disappointing, however, I would send it back Sad
Sware
Sware
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ennui Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:37 pm

Thanks everyone for weighing in! I will drop them an email or call today and see if I can return it. Smile
Ennui
Ennui
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by BusyBeads Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:03 pm

Hope you get a satisfactory result x
BusyBeads
BusyBeads
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by plumbun Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:41 pm

Good luck!!! xoxo (btw...love your name...beads relieve my own ennui from time to time) Wink
plumbun
plumbun
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by trollipop Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:55 pm

I agree with the consensus that you shouldn't accept the bead... My only reason for posting a reply is that I will ask if you'll post a follow-up/resolution to the problem to share your experience further. For example, I'd like to know if it was purchased from an online TB dealer, an auction site, a local store.... and how they resolved it for you - assuming they did! I do wish you luck, and want to emphasize that I too believe the cost of the beads justifies satisfaction - even in cases where they say "no returns". I try not to shop at those, but if I have to have the bead, I spend $ knowing I may lose the $. Not a good place to start from! ; )
trollipop
trollipop
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Ennui Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:36 pm

plumbun wrote:Good luck!!! xoxo (btw...love your name...beads relieve my own ennui from time to time) Wink

Yes me too! Smile I'm definitely always on the look out for something to occupy my time. Very Happy

trollipop wrote:...I will ask if you'll post a follow-up/resolution to the problem to share your experience further. For example, I'd like to know if it was purchased from an online TB dealer, an auction site, a local store.... and how they resolved it for you...

I'll definitely update when I know what they are going to do. Smile I purchased this bead from a pretty reputable online store and they do have an actual store. I happened to meet a U.S. representative from Trollbeads the other day and she knew of them. And the store policy says they accept returns and also on their contact info they also mention broken beads so I assume they have dealt with the issue before. How they resolve it is in their hands now, I emailed them early this morning and I may just telephone them too just to be safe.
Ennui
Ennui
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down