BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Confused about US Mother's Day prism

+4
Lollipop
stacecase
unicorn1976
Amanda Mac (Dot)
8 posters

Go down

prism - Confused about US Mother's Day prism Empty Confused about US Mother's Day prism

Post by Amanda Mac (Dot) Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:17 am

I seem to remember that when I first started collecting in 2009, there was a LE purple mother's day prism released in the US. Does anyone have one? How is it different to the production purple prism?

Many thanks! Very Happy
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Trolldiva

http://www.wikibeadia.com

Back to top Go down

prism - Confused about US Mother's Day prism Empty Re: Confused about US Mother's Day prism

Post by unicorn1976 Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:21 am

… we had a discussion on this topic at the German TB Forum and found out that there is no diffence in the mothersday and the purple prism… and it was a Dutch LE Wink
unicorn1976
unicorn1976
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

prism - Confused about US Mother's Day prism Empty Re: Confused about US Mother's Day prism

Post by stacecase Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:45 am

Is this the one you are referring to?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290678103623?ssPageName=STRK:MEBOFFX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1432.l2649#ht_500wt_1361

I saw this in another eBay auction and it said it was a LE purple/pink prism released specially for Mother's Day in the UK in 2009 (similar to the story on this one). It didn't look like the production purple prism to me, as it was more two-toned.

I didn't bid on it, but I was watching this one...now I'm wondering.

Was the UK release different maybe? Anyone know?
stacecase
stacecase
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Lollipop Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:14 pm

I also heard the LE Mother's day prisms are definitely the same as the current production purple prism, which did not exist at the time of the Mother's Day release. They released the pruple prism to replace the red-pink prism...

I have seem the Mother's Day prisms, and there is definitely no pink in them. They are identical to the paler of the current production prisms. Although with the production prism you can find dark purple ones if you search - none of the Mother's Day ones I have seen have been dark.

Oh and there was no UK release - that I know of.

Hope this helps!
Lollipop
Lollipop
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by casarobi Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:10 pm

My LE mother's day prism has pink in it. See the picture.
And it isn't purple. The bead is pink.

prism - Confused about US Mother's Day prism P2gep

Its on te left next to a red prism.
I have a purple prism too (can't find a picture at this time) and is very different in colour. Much paler.
casarobi
casarobi
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by casarobi Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:16 pm

Found the picture. The purple prism is on the pink bracelet. It sits on the left next to a crazy lace agate. On the red bracelet you can see the mothers day prism almost next to the purple prism.

prism - Confused about US Mother's Day prism 3162d7l
casarobi
casarobi
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn1976 Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:45 pm

casarobi wrote:My LE mother's day prism has pink in it. See the picture.
And it isn't purple. The bead is pink.

prism - Confused about US Mother's Day prism P2gep

Its on te left next to a red prism.
I have a purple prism too (can't find a picture at this time) and is very different in colour. Much paler.

Are you sure that they haven't sold you a now retired red-Pink prism as mothersday prism? Cause it just Looks like it. All the md's prisms I've seen before were purple!
unicorn1976
unicorn1976
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by neonfiller Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:55 pm

casarobi, this looks like the red/pink prism that has been retired. I have the mother's day prism and the several purple prisms and I cannot tell them apart from each now.
neonfiller
neonfiller
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by casarobi Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:06 pm

Ohw, ok. Thanks for the info. I will change my excel list. It no problem for me, I bought the bead because I liked it, not because its an LE or retired bead.
casarobi
casarobi
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by neonfiller Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:40 pm

You have a gorgeous prism and are lucky to have one.
neonfiller
neonfiller
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by MaRia Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:12 pm

I found a old picture of a bracelet with my mothersday prism

prism - Confused about US Mother's Day prism Paarsearmband2
MaRia
MaRia
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Mac (Dot) Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:18 pm

Thank you so much everyone! Very Happy So am I right in concluding that this "LE" bead released in the US for Mother's Day found its way into the regular production line? (another re-release?!) Question
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by MaRia Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:23 pm

unicorn1976 wrote:… we had a discussion on this topic at the German TB Forum and found out that there is no diffence in the mothersday and the purple prism… and it was a Dutch LE Wink

There is a difference between the Mothersday prism and the purple prism.... I ask my daughter if she have a pic. I only have the Mothersday prism.
MaRia
MaRia
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisylove Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:04 pm

Amanda Mac (Dot) wrote:I seem to remember that when I first started collecting in 2009, there was a LE purple mother's day prism released in the US. Does anyone have one? How is it different to the production purple prism?

Many thanks! Very Happy

I have written to HQ about this in 2009, and they answered me that the LE purple mothersday prism was/is exactly the same as the production purple prism. When I asked how it could be possible that it was named 'LE' the answer was that this came from the distributor in the country, and that they had decided to call it that way. Same goes for the so called mother's day prism that was released in Holland in 2009, but turned out to be the exact purple prism that is in the current collection
Daisylove
Daisylove
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Mac (Dot) Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:30 pm

Oh dear!!! Not good at all!!! thanks for the information though - really helpful. Very Happy
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by MaRia Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:36 pm

Daisylove wrote:
Amanda Mac (Dot) wrote:I seem to remember that when I first started collecting in 2009, there was a LE purple mother's day prism released in the US. Does anyone have one? How is it different to the production purple prism?

Many thanks! Very Happy

I have written to HQ about this in 2009, and they answered me that the LE purple mothersday prism was/is exactly the same as the production purple prism. When I asked how it could be possible that it was named 'LE' the answer was that this came from the distributor in the country, and that they had decided to call it that way. Same goes for the so called mother's day prism that was released in Holland in 2009, but turned out to be the exact purple prism that is in the current collection

In that time I have also ask questions about this bead and me was told that it was made for the Netherlands only.
Maybe was the Mothersday set a tryout for coming out whit a special for one country such as the tulip and clover.
MaRia
MaRia
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down