BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help!! How is a gold fantasy necklace marked?

+2
casarobi
snails
6 posters

Go down

gold - Help!! How is a gold fantasy necklace marked? Empty Help!! How is a gold fantasy necklace marked?

Post by snails Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:24 pm

I have one I bought but it is marked 18K on the gold at the top of the pearl, not 14K (and no LAA). I noticed that the "mood book" doesn't even list the gold content. Many websites state that the chain is 14K, but do not denote the pearl tassel finding. Of course none of the pics show marks.

Does anyone have a gold fantasy necklace who could tell me how theirs is marked?
snails
snails
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

gold - Help!! How is a gold fantasy necklace marked? Empty Re: Help!! How is a gold fantasy necklace marked?

Post by snails Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:25 am

Anyone????
snails
snails
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

gold - Help!! How is a gold fantasy necklace marked? Empty Re: Help!! How is a gold fantasy necklace marked?

Post by casarobi Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:38 pm

I'm sorry but I can't help you. I don't have a gold fantasy.
casarobi
casarobi
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathleen Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:57 pm

I try to make a photo ,but it doesn't work Evil or Very Mad
On the top of the gold on the pearl i see at mine 750 laa
So probably you have one frome the use ,they are stamped 18K
Kathleen
Kathleen
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathleen Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:02 pm

gold - Help!! How is a gold fantasy necklace marked? 750laa
Kathleen
Kathleen
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathleen Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:04 pm

Maybe the chain is 14 kt,but the caps is 18kt
Kathleen
Kathleen
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Trolls Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:33 pm

Kathleen wrote:Maybe the chain is 14 kt,but the caps is 18kt

That must be it...I didn't realise that cap was 18k....thought the whole necklace was 14k...
Anyways, you are very lucky ladies, the gold FN are stunning!
Trolls
Trolls
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by retiredk9racer Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:50 pm

I just looked at TBG's website and the chain on the gold FN is described as 14K. It does not say anything about the cap on the pearl. All of the gold and gold/silver beads are described as 18K, so I suspect that the cap on the pearl is 18K but the chain is 14K for strength.
retiredk9racer
retiredk9racer
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by snails Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:29 pm

Kathleen wrote:gold - Help!! How is a gold fantasy necklace marked? 750laa

Thanks for the pic, Kathleen! Yes, mine is from the US, so it would not have 750.

I think everyone is right--the chain is 14K, but the tassel with pearl is 18K, and thus marked.

I can't believe how poor a description TB has---many online dealers don't even describe it. The mood book does not say what the gold content is of the necklace (they just say gold). I could not find the info at the FN portion of the TB website, but I did find in the Q&A that they said all chains are 14K (yes, retiredk9racer, for strength). Again, there is no mention of the tassel--I think this is weird and not very good business!

The one I purchased is supposedly old store stock, and the chain tested as gold (14K), so it appears legit. Thanks for your help ladies!!!
snails
snails
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by GRUMPY Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:00 pm

another thing TB needs to clean their act up with.. Embarassed
GRUMPY
GRUMPY
Trolldiva

http://www.paula4u.net

Back to top Go down