BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does this look like the retired Green Eye Bead to anyone?

+10
LindaJo
Trollsister
lecohen
Chuck
kitsunegrl
snowy
Anita
Michelle
Trolls
beadiack
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

retired - Does this look like the retired Green Eye Bead to anyone? Empty Does this look like the retired Green Eye Bead to anyone?

Post by beadiack Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:53 pm

retired - Does this look like the retired Green Eye Bead to anyone? 6517783181_42728f4831
DSCN0153 by lautrerainey, on Flickr

retired - Does this look like the retired Green Eye Bead to anyone? 6517783965_17dcbe469f
DSCN0154 by lautrerainey, on Flickr

I bought it from trollbeadbracelets.com and this is what the bead looks like on their site https://www.trollbeadbracelets.com/content/product.cfm?sessionid=582121511034916684&site_id=5&color=&pricerange=0&allowOrdering=true&displayType=Large&item_id=9815&parentCategory_id=0&category_id=174&startRow=1&searchValue=&currentPage=1
It has the same inventory # but I just don't think it looks remotely right.

I hate what they sent me but it says I'm going to have to pay a 20% restocking fee to return it.

What do you guys say? Is this their error or do I just have to suck it up and learn to live with it?

beadiack
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

retired - Does this look like the retired Green Eye Bead to anyone? Empty Re: Does this look like the retired Green Eye Bead to anyone?

Post by Trolls Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:02 pm

It's definitely a Green Eye bead that you have received.
The stock photo in their add has a very blue tinge to it and I have never seen a production Green Eye bead in that colour .
Yours look like just about every other Green Eye bead that I have seen Smile
Trolls
Trolls
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

retired - Does this look like the retired Green Eye Bead to anyone? Empty Re: Does this look like the retired Green Eye Bead to anyone?

Post by beadiack Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:06 pm

Ugh! Thanks so much for your info, Trolls, but I think it's hideous and I never would have bought it if the one pictured had been a good representation. Sick

beadiack
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:08 pm

I have not had this bead. I think it does not look like the picture and I wood be angry that they will charge for re-stocking if it dont look the same. I did not see they say this is a stock photo so I will expect the same bead as the photo.

Michelle
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:09 pm

Definately a Green Eye bead but not a good example. Neutral
Anita
Anita
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Trolls Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:10 pm

Could you try and contact them and say that the actual bead vary to much from the stock photo (you have never seen a Green Eye bead IRL) and they might forget about the re-stock fee???

Or maybe someone want's to swap beads with you (not me tho, as not one of my fav beads either Embarassed )
Trolls
Trolls
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by snowy Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:10 pm

Oh wow, I had never before looked at that stock photo Shocked
Very unusual color there !

Beadiack, the eyes on your bead are on the bigger side but it looks like the retired green eye bead.
snowy
snowy
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by beadiack Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:22 pm

snowy wrote:Oh wow, I had never before looked at that stock photo Shocked
Very unusual color there !

Beadiack, the eyes on your bead are on the bigger side but it looks like the retired green eye bead.

And yet all the online dealers use a similar, in my opinion, deceptive pic.

By the time I pay the restocking fee and the shipping fee I might just as well keep it and send virtual voodoo pins at the online dealer every time I see it. Oh well, maybe the car will accidentally back over it.

beadiack
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by kitsunegrl Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:25 pm

Can you put it up for swap? Someone might be looking for that very bead! Pony
kitsunegrl
kitsunegrl
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:26 pm

You can start a horrid bead swap for the new year. So every people get to swap a horrid bead with some one on the forum?

Michelle
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by beadiack Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:28 pm

kitsunegrl wrote:Can you put it up for swap? Someone might be looking for that very bead! Pony

I know! 'Cause I've given it such a great build up, right? Laugh

beadiack
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by kitsunegrl Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:28 pm

Could be a good 'SCARY' bead for a Halloween theme next year!
kitsunegrl
kitsunegrl
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by beadiack Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:29 pm

Michelle wrote:You can start a horrid bead swap for the new year. So every people get to swap a horrid bead with some one on the forum?

I don't know how that works but I'll keep the idea in mind for a time when things slow down.

beadiack
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuck Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:04 am

beadiack wrote:

I bought it from trollbeadbracelets.com and this is what the bead looks like on their site https://www.trollbeadbracelets.com/content/product.cfm?sessionid=582121511034916684&site_id=5&color=&pricerange=0&allowOrdering=true&displayType=Large&item_id=9815&parentCategory_id=0&category_id=174&startRow=1&searchValue=&currentPage=1
It has the same inventory # but I just don't think it looks remotely right.

I hate what they sent me but it says I'm going to have to pay a 20% restocking fee to return it.

What do you guys say? Is this their error or do I just have to suck it up and learn to live with it?

I had the same issue early on! When I saw the stock photos for the "GEB" I expected a stunning black bead with really cool bluish accents! Much to my surprise, the bead was actually brown confused ...I've tried to really like the bead myself but am having difficulty keeping them in rotation. They are hard to place. I've never seen an official photo for this bead that's not been "Black & Blue"... As a matter of fact, every official TB shop I've perused has used the same stock photo shown here...weird but unintentionally deceptive i think...Cloud
Chuck
Chuck
Troll Magus

Back to top Go down

Post by lecohen Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:07 am

I personally think that asking for a restocking fee is VERY bad customer service and if you paid with credit card you should contact your bank and say you didn't receive the same thing you ordered, they will sort and you will not lose out.
lecohen
lecohen
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollsister Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:11 am

Yep, looks like you got a real GEB.....perhaps not the most attractive bead but authentic!
I agree, it looks nothing like the photo. This has happened a couple of times to me as well, not with that particular bead though....photos can be deceiving, for better or for worse. Sorry you were unpleasantly surprised...
Trollsister
Trollsister
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by LindaJo Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:37 am

I somehow ended up with two Green Eye beads! Both are coloured like yours, but yours has the biggest eyes. I seem to remember that the description of the bead mentions the yellow in it.

No, I haven't used them yet! I really wish there were more dark green beads available from Troll. I may have to look at artisan beads to get the greens I want.

I'd think you'd have a hard time trying to say that you didn't get what you ordered, it is an authentic Trollbead Green Eye bead, and some variation is to be expected.
But I do understand the displeasure at what you thought was black/blue turning out to be brown/green.
I have a 2008 brochure; the picture of the Green Eye bead in that looks more brown/green if you really study it.

It reminds me a bit of Black-Eyed Susan flowers.
LindaJo
LindaJo
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by beadiack Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:37 am

Well, I'm a fortunate woman that $40 won't be the difference between having dinner tonight and not. So it will go in the bead box and be a reminder that I am fortunate and need to take the time to be grateful for the things that remind me of it.

beadiack
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:37 am

The store stock pic looks quite different and I agree, it's not easy to combine the GEB.
So sorry about your experience.
I hate to have unloved beads in my collection. Lateley I've started to ask for IRL pics of the actual bead (even for prodution beads), when there's no easy way to send it back or returning it may be expensive.
Fleur
Fleur
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by snowy Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:52 am

And better never decide on a stock photo if you´ll like the bead !
Stock photos from TB can be very misleasding ! Ask the store for pics of the real bead or ask on the forum for member´s pics.
snowy
snowy
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzyfeet Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:47 pm

I can see why you are upset, the bead in the photo is lovely, but not like any Green Eye bead I have ever seen irl Rolling Eyes
Fuzzyfeet
Fuzzyfeet
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by LindaJo Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:00 pm

Chamilia's stock photos are notoriously bad, worse than TB's pix. Chamilia has some really interesting glass beads but you definitely have to pick them out in person.
LindaJo
LindaJo
BeadWrangler

Back to top Go down

Post by romayne Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:59 pm

Certainly it does not look the same bead, their picture is more roundish markings and defietly bluey more for the backgoround colour...
romayne
romayne
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by beadiack Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:08 am

romayne wrote:Certainly it does not look the same bead, their picture is more roundish markings and defietly bluey more for the backgoround colour...

No. Frankly, I think it's so different and so much more attractive that I'd use the term "deceptive". However, when I did a google search by image, that's the image that came up over and over and over again. Probably a good, if not really ethical, strategy as it's much more attractive. The universality of its appearance makes me wonder if it's an image provided by TB. I dunno.

Maybe when I get some spare time after the holidays I'll write to TB in Denmark and get their opinion on how to deal with it.

beadiack
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzu's petals Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:55 am

Beadlack I looked through some old TB catalogs as far back as 2006 all use the same stock photo.
In those days the stock photos were even smaller than currant catalogs. I can't believe the dealer
wants to charge you a fee for restocking Evil or Very Mad Not a very good business practice.
Does your bead Have red around the the eye looks sort of fuzzy red around the yellow?
I actually like the bead and have a few of them, but I sometimes like wacky beads, they make me
chuckle. Here's what mine look like. Very Happy
retired - Does this look like the retired Green Eye Bead to anyone? Manga_12
zuzu's petals
zuzu's petals
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next