BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trollbeads Christmas Kit 2011 sneak peek

+167
twinklebeads
madabouttrolls
speedy
Fera
waterlily
Wildthing
Smaug
Onyx123
Jet
titleangel
LoopyLou
suzieq
mamared
trollbelle
Veaa
Sue
Louey
Beady-Eyed
visavis
agatha
natasja
Monica
trolladdict
ravensmother
My 4 Trollboys
Trolline
unicorn1976
purpletibet
cyndiinphilly
saracat
Una
workerB4troll
Seahorse
Tinka
bead-aholic
splinty
Poison_Ivy
Dorabella
Steffie
mcmommy804
GRUMPY
smschoenauer
Treeinwind
trollfinder
chickentroll
michellet75
jlfritz
Fuzzyfeet
trollwatcher
Fairy3
Beadgirl
Anna
arielle
soxfan
Mouseoncheese
rollypoly troll
margiegoodwin
bbogorad amione
eeyore
vampbutterfly
Paixxx
frogga
bijouxbabz
mrubin
TrollFantasy
Kathleen
SilverBells
trollshopper
chestersnickers
Joolz
Dinmi
matilda
stines_dk
Daisylove
Tee
ceruleanbluebird
Trollsister
pandapharm
stephenie
Ellie Rob
lyric_girl
Blairkj
beadiack
busy bee
charlibean
amylou87
Artemis
LindaJo
merlesen
Lavender
Trollfan
Francisca
crazy_rah
Troll Boi
Marie
Kensington
jsoceka
Trollperle
Ninbey
trollmoll
trollgirly
DblJJ
trollcat
cottinghamgirl
Mini Gnome
mermaidspurse
SnorkMaiden
spiderpixie
Balaenanun
Amanda Mac (Dot)
Rainbow
cheekychop
Librarylil
Michelle
lkeen
snowy
flowerpower
Fleur
gabi
chocoholic
Monkey
Elsie
Anita
annateresa
wilsche
agnieszka
TrollRose
susan
Juniper
Tanjaatje
kionee
Brightonbelle
gypsy_grrrl
Bugladydi
yukita
TrollBlossom
Barb Gambill
bschulmeyer
Silmaril
harmony
Wintertroll
Hisae
tonton
ozzy0619
cswan
zuzu's petals
kitsunegrl
pmom
TrollTech
Bsktbabe
capesandra
Catsworld
Nancy
Carla
neonfiller
TinaLee
Pond
Trolldog
Trolls
Chewbacca
rainyday
TrollsRus
maggiemae
Lollipop
retiredk9racer
naranja
BeadThrilled
171 posters

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

trollbeads - Trollbeads Christmas Kit 2011 sneak peek - Page 18 Empty Re: Trollbeads Christmas Kit 2011 sneak peek

Post by mermaidspurse Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:56 pm

Okay, so here comes the 'fairy orgy' and it goes back to the shop tomorrow again! Well I in fact didn't see the g*nit*lia when I bought it and I just found this thread and now I can't see anything else Shocked ! I wouldn't return it for that reason Embarassed if I liked it, but even when I see 'just mistletoe twigs', compared to other round TB's of that size, it stands no chance to stay with me!

I saw the new release already today in a shop during lunchbreak, after work I went back to the shop and bought the mistletoe bead as I really love the idea and wanted the bead for a Xmas bracelet. After closer inspection at home, I'm pretty sure it'll go back to the store tomorrow Sad
In comparison to other beads of that size, it weighs nothing, it's totally see-through and the only expression that describes it perfectly for me is: FLIMSY!
Even the silver seems different to my other TBs, it's higher polished and has a greyish hue. They don't bothered to make the stamp legible at all and together with my other beads, it sticks out like something of a much cheaper brand!
I'd say it weighs half of unity and costs even 8 EUR more!
Now rant over, if you love filigree beads, it's probably lovely, but I already regret the price I paid for it...
trollbeads - Trollbeads Christmas Kit 2011 sneak peek - Page 18 Mistletoe
mermaidspurse
mermaidspurse
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

trollbeads - Trollbeads Christmas Kit 2011 sneak peek - Page 18 Empty Re: Trollbeads Christmas Kit 2011 sneak peek

Post by Brightonbelle Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:59 pm

mermaidspurse wrote:Okay, so here comes the 'fairy orgy' and it goes back to the shop tomorrow again! Well I in fact didn't see the g*nit*lia when I bought it and I just found this thread and now I can't see anything else Shocked ! I wouldn't return it for that reason Embarassed if I liked it, but even when I see 'just mistletoe twigs', compared to other round TB's of that size, it stands no chance to stay with me!

I saw the new release already today in a shop during lunchbreak, after work I went back to the shop and bought the mistletoe bead as I really love the idea and wanted the bead for a Xmas bracelet. After closer inspection at home, I'm pretty sure it'll go back to the store tomorrow Sad
In comparison to other beads of that size, it weighs nothing, it's totally see-through and the only expression that describes it perfectly for me is: FLIMSY!
Even the silver seems different to my other TBs, it's higher polished and has a greyish hue. They don't bothered to make the stamp legible at all and together with my other beads, it sticks out like something of a much cheaper brand!
I'd say it weighs half of unity and costs even 8 EUR more!
Now rant over, if you love filigree beads, it's probably lovely, but I already regret the price I paid for it...
trollbeads - Trollbeads Christmas Kit 2011 sneak peek - Page 18 Mistletoe

I agree - I am only going to keep mine because the Fairy Orgy amuses me. It is very lightweight and I feel that I could squash it out of shape if I squeezed it really hard. It is very cheeky trying to sell it for so much money.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by snowy Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:36 pm

That bead must have less silver than some category 1 beads Shocked
It´s too filigree for my liking. And I´m not longer able to see any mistletoes only those g*** things Embarassed

snowy
snowy
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaidspurse Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:42 pm

Fera wrote:... So now we have "Turkey-Teddy" and "Zombie-Teddy" Shocked I think I´ll go with the turkey. Good for comfort and Thanksgiving! Laughing
I saw the Zombie Teddy today Shocked and know I now that he really IS a Zombie. In contrast to 'Turkey Teddy' he has no back of his head, the backside ends with the shoulders. So if half of our heads were missing I'm sure we'd look like a Zombie too! trollbeads - Trollbeads Christmas Kit 2011 sneak peek - Page 18 5zombie
And imagine how much silver they saved by giving him only half a head! More profit for TB Two cents , especially since Zombie Teddy is even more expensive than Turkey Teddy and a lot smaller! Twisted Evil
mermaidspurse
mermaidspurse
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:54 pm

mermaidspurse wrote:
Fera wrote:... So now we have "Turkey-Teddy" and "Zombie-Teddy" Shocked I think I´ll go with the turkey. Good for comfort and Thanksgiving! Laughing
I saw the Zombie Teddy today Shocked and know I now that he really IS a Zombie. In contrast to 'Turkey Teddy' he has no back of his head, the backside ends with the shoulders. So if half of our heads were missing I'm sure we'd look like a Zombie too! trollbeads - Trollbeads Christmas Kit 2011 sneak peek - Page 18 5zombie
And imagine how much silver they saved by giving him only half a head! More profit for TB Two cents , especially since Zombie Teddy is even more expensive than Turkey Teddy and a lot smaller! Twisted Evil

affraid affraid affraid affraid
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by neonfiller Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:15 am

That teddy is horrible!!!! Seriously, what were they thinking. Even the profile is ghastly!!!!
neonfiller
neonfiller
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by neonfiller Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:18 am

I'm actually liking the other teddy-turkey bear. Probably not enough to buy it, but the new one is just a terrible overall design. I would've loved to see a pinecone or a troll in the mix.
neonfiller
neonfiller
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by soxfan Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:25 am

trollcat wrote:
beadiack wrote:I am beginning to think the bear thing may be part of that plan that was discussed on Trollbeads Gallery Forum for luring in a younger market.

Maybe we'll get Elmo in the next release Very Happy or a Tele-tubby bead.
Sarcasm

I hope to see the beads today but don't think I'll be coming home with any; have to admit I am looking forward to seeing the bear though Razz

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
soxfan
soxfan
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsworld Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:28 am

After duty I dashed to my local dealer, I had really intended to buy mistletoe, but seeing it irl... NO, no resemblance to mistletoe whatsoever, I will buy instead another autumn splendor, a bead I really love!
I didn't even bother to look at that awful Zombie Teddy...no use for such a bead!
The red glass - kit looked o.k but nothing special, not for that money..
From the blue glass kit I took the white-gold bead home with me and the blue with glitter, they will be integrated in 2 of my bracelets..

I also took home with me a lovely red tiger eye, that one will be used in a new project next year.

The silver beads were completely disappointing for me. Crying or Very sad

Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by twinklebeads Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:35 am

Good evening all, I agree, the Teddy is rather strange looking & the mistletoe certainly sets the imagination going & not with thoughts of Christmas! I do however love the look of the glass kits & am looking forward to a closer look tomorrow, just a shame they've been placed in cat2 price. I think the Blue diamond will do well, blue is deffinately my favourite. santa
twinklebeads
twinklebeads
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by kitsunegrl Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:07 am

I am so laughing about the fairy orgy. I can't wait to see the mistletoe IRL.

I wouldn't mind having a teddy bear bead, but I think I will opt for turkey-teddy instead of zombie-teddy. Which is odd because I would normally go for the more macabre, but I don't want a teddy with half a head!
kitsunegrl
kitsunegrl
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:33 am

Just went to Trollbeads Universe and saw the prices for Australia affraid $82 for the Blue Diamond (cz) bead! $750 for gold mistletoe........might pass on these beads now.

Tee
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by purpletibet Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:15 am

Wildthing wrote:Okay, after much nudging from BB, make sure you look closely at the Mistletoe bead, the fact that the teddies look like turkeys from the back is nothing on what the Mistletoe appears to be packing Shocked Laughing Shocked

How no one spotted it through the design process silent

I think it will be due for a re-name.......

I could kind of see the design in the photo, and I have a feeling I know what you are talking about....I hope to go check them out tomorrow at an LD...if they get them in tomorrow. Rolling Eyes

I love my turkey teddy, I love teddy bears in general, I want the gold teddy someday! I may buy this teddy BUT I would like to know why he is MORE than the turkey teddy when he looks to be the same size?? And in almost the same form......why is it more $$?? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
purpletibet
purpletibet
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by liana Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:22 am

I,m going to call the bear DR. Frankenstein. Mummy
liana
liana
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:50 am

Maybe they should have taken a bearmaking class on ahead, just one or two hours?
The eyes are so scary affraid
Fleur
Fleur
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Fera Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:54 am

Fleur wrote:Maybe they should have taken a bearmaking class on ahead, just one or two hours?
The eyes are so scary affraid

I agree! Iiiik!
Fera
Fera
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Joolz Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:20 am

I'm sad to hear that the mistletoe bead is so flimsy Sad it was the only one I was considering buying from this release... not sure I'll bother now as I don't want a bead that I can squash flat. I will take a look at it in IRL at some point but think it's more likely to be a no no for me now..... Roll on the spring release and hopefully something more solid in design.
Joolz
Joolz
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by charlibean Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:52 pm

This collection isn't doing much for me. The blue diamond & mistletoe are possibles but after all the comments about them I'll wait to see them IRL - which may be some time as I no longer have a decent LD.

charlibean
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildthing Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:59 pm

Joolz wrote:I'm sad to hear that the mistletoe bead is so flimsy Sad it was the only one I was considering buying from this release... not sure I'll bother now as I don't want a bead that I can squash flat. I will take a look at it in IRL at some point but think it's more likely to be a no no for me now..... Roll on the spring release and hopefully something more solid in design.

That's the problem though isn't it, the silver is just getting lighter and lighter, soon they will just float away....
Wildthing
Wildthing
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by lyric_girl Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:57 pm

Not really impressed. The bear looks possessed. The mistletoe doesn't look like much. The glass sets are not for me. The lock.... Yuck!

The only bead I want in the blue diamond and maybe two of those.
lyric_girl
lyric_girl
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Imelda Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:33 am

The bear is ugly. Saw it IRL.
But the diamond might come to my house with christmas...
And the mistletoe also.

Imelda
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Beth Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:07 am

Having read what people think of the mistleto bead, I wonder what the average weight of a bead is now, compared to when Trollbeads first started out
Beth
Beth
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by romayne Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:12 am

They are very pretty beads in some of them
romayne
romayne
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by splinty Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:23 am

Beth wrote:Having read what people think of the mistleto bead, I wonder what the average weight of a bead is now, compared to when Trollbeads first started out
I was looking into that earlier ~ Mistletoe is only 1.66g, less than a lot of price group 1 beads, even though it's in price group 3 Rolling Eyes . The weights do seem to vary a lot within the groups though, some of the other recent ones in group 3 are weightier than some of the older ones; like Autumn Splendour 3.69g and Water 3.9g versus Harmony 2.63g and Ocean 2.93g (but then you've got Snails in Love at 5.6g) - they definitely don't group them according to metal weight!
splinty
splinty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silmaril Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:07 am

@ Monkey Sad Our prices are very high. Trollbeads is in trouble here, many dealers are dropping the line, the beads are just too expensive.
Silmaril
Silmaril
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next