BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone know the meaning of this Tibet bead?

4 posters

Go down

tibet - Does anyone know the meaning of this Tibet bead? Empty Does anyone know the meaning of this Tibet bead?

Post by Trolls Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:40 pm

After reading about mmp "longevity" bead the other day I thought that I would find out if anyone knows the meaning behind this bead.
I used to think it was a fish or an eye but after doing some searching I think it might be a conch shell?

tibet - Does anyone know the meaning of this Tibet bead? 100_2314_800x600

If you would like to read about it..
http://www.religionfacts.com/buddhism/symbols/conch.htm
Trolls
Trolls
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

tibet - Does anyone know the meaning of this Tibet bead? Empty Re: Does anyone know the meaning of this Tibet bead?

Post by Anita Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:54 pm

After reading the link I think you could be right.
Anita
Anita
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

tibet - Does anyone know the meaning of this Tibet bead? Empty Re: Does anyone know the meaning of this Tibet bead?

Post by trollcat Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:56 pm

How fascinating! I wish there was a way of knowing, straight from the bead makers in Tibet. I wonder if Lise would give you an answer if you asked. Thanks for posting! Smile
trollcat
trollcat
Bead Whisperer

Back to top Go down

Post by splinty Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:32 pm

The conch shell is one of the eight auspicious symbols in Buddhism - it's used to call assemblies and is very symbolic (some of the meanings I'm aware of...the deep, joyful, resonance of Buddha's voice, the fame of his teachings spreading in all directions, the awakening and rousing of people who hear Buddha's teachings...). It's lovely when you can attach meaning to a bead isn't it, means a lot to me!
splinty
splinty
Admin

Back to top Go down