BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trollbeads Rings

+15
bijouxbabz
rainyday
roxieboo
Sherry
Wildthing
Blairkj
Brightonbelle
bschulmeyer
Kirstin
Pond
SilverBells
TrollTech
mermaidspurse
ahmotheroftwo
Ninbey
19 posters

Go down

trollbeads - Trollbeads Rings Empty Trollbeads Rings

Post by Ninbey Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:55 pm

I purchased a silver TB baby's breath ring last fall and I am a little disappointed that it's very uncomfortable to wear. The edges of the little flowers and leaves are "smoothed" and it does not catch on anything, but it just feels rough in between on my other fingers. So, I've tried wearing it for a week at a time without ever taking it off, thinking that my other fingers would get used to it, but that still hasn't happened. Has anyone else experienced this? pale
Ninbey
Ninbey
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

trollbeads - Trollbeads Rings Empty Re: Trollbeads Rings

Post by ahmotheroftwo Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:05 pm

I don't have any of the TB rings.

I know that Rainyday has several. Maybe the Troll sisters too?

Maybe one of them could jump in and share their experience?!
ahmotheroftwo
ahmotheroftwo
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaidspurse Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:41 pm

I have Hawthorn and the Frog ring. Both only have the motif on top and the ring is quite smooth. But I had a colleague who complained about the roughness of the babybreath ring, but the pearls and leaves is supposed to be very uncomfortable too!
mermaidspurse
mermaidspurse
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollTech Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:09 pm

I just got the baby breathe ring and love it - THOUGH I could see what you mean. I have it a bit larger, so it rolls as my fingers brush up against it. It is not big enough to fall off but looser than other rings. I think that may have helped. I got it to wear on my thumb, but that is too small, so I have to wear it on a ring finger. I still like it a lot.
TrollTech
TrollTech
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

http://plsweb.com/Academic-Programs/PLS-Instructors/Gretchen-Rip

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverBells Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:28 pm

I don't have any Trollbead rings either but I do like the one which I think is called The Kiss. I love the fact that it's in two parts Very Happy
SilverBells
SilverBells
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Pond Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:30 am

I am hoping that my family will take the hint to give me the Hawthorn ring for my birthday or maybe Mothers' Day as the hawthorn is my birth flower. If and when I get it, I'll let you know but that won't be until May.
Pond
Pond
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirstin Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:10 pm

I have the Strength, Courage, Wisdom ring... It took a bit of getting used to but once I did get used to wearing it, it is quite comfortable. I wear it on the ring finger of my right hand and I just wasn't used to having a ring on that hand....

trollbeads - Trollbeads Rings DSC00731
Kirstin
Kirstin
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by bschulmeyer Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:33 pm

I would like to get Strength, Courage, Wisdom one day. It kind of reminds me of a simple puzzle ring.
bschulmeyer
bschulmeyer
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:07 am

The rings seem terribly overpriced for silver jewellery. Do you think they are special enough to be worth it?
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Blairkj Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:48 pm

I have the Strength, Courage, Wisdom ring. I like it and it is comfortable to wear. It is bigger than I thought it would be. It is like a puzzle ring. there are 3 bands that go together.
Blairkj
Blairkj
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildthing Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:58 pm

Brightonbelle wrote:The rings seem terribly overpriced for silver jewellery. Do you think they are special enough to be worth it?

Interesting, as I don't think they are anywhere near as overpriced as the beads, there is certainly a lot more silver in them as individual pieces and quite a lot of work too, they are all beautifully crafted I am always surprised they are not more popular.

My ld for example has them all in stock has has done for about 18 months I think she said she has sold 4! I wouldn't buy the ones Troll describe as being suitable for 'gentle dress wear' as they would never see the light of day, but some of the simple silver ones are stunning.
Wildthing
Wildthing
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:24 pm

I have the Baby's Breath and wear it on middle finger of right hand, I find it very comfortable. The one that I can't wear is the crown, so I use it as a stop/focal on a necklace.
Sherry
Sherry
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by roxieboo Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:44 pm

I really like the Strength Courage and Wisdom Ring. It's quite substantial so I think it's worth the money.
roxieboo
roxieboo
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:52 pm

Pond wrote:I am hoping that my family will take the hint to give me the Hawthorn ring for my birthday or maybe Mothers' Day as the hawthorn is my birth flower. If and when I get it, I'll let you know but that won't be until May.

Pond, I have been told that the pearls do not stay in the Hawthorn. I was going to get Jugend and thought if the pearl does not stay in Hawthorn it probably won't stay in the Jugend. I would love to see Jugend with another stone.
Sherry
Sherry
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by rainyday Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:21 pm

I have the Black Pearl ring & the pearl came off that too, only the 4th time I ever wore it. It was warrantied but I don't wear it anymore as I know the pearl will come off, I just save it for weddings etc where it only will be worn for a little while not doing anything.

I have most of the rings & really love them. trollbeads - Trollbeads Rings 643113

Aphrodite, Blue Flower, Gold-Silver Crown, Daisy ring, Baby's Breath, & Eske's Troll ring.

Oh, and forgot to talk on comfort: Yes the rings are a bit chunkier in design and not smooth like modern conventional rings. But that's what I like about them, they are sort of rugged & match my troll silver bracelets really well.

The Daisy ring is the exception & is quite comfortable to wear, but it has to fit well as it is top-heavy & does spin a bit.
rainyday
rainyday
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

http://trollgirl2.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bijouxbabz Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:53 pm

I would like to have Aphrodite because it would match the LE summer butterfly. I think it would be comfortable because it's quite plain. I haven't gotten around to getting it because the beads always take priority over the ring.
bijouxbabz
bijouxbabz
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by arielle Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:22 pm

I have worn three leaves with pearls rings on one finger once, they looked beautiful and I got a lot of compliments but I do recall them being a tad uncomfortable. The pearls do fall out sometimes too but I figure everything is warrantied, so it's worth the price and Troll is so good about replacing them. I also have the Strength, Courage, and Wisdom ring and find it very comfortable!
arielle
arielle
Trollbeads Retailer

http://www.etsy.com/shop/arleiie

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:21 pm

I have the troll bead ring that I wear all the time. I wear my rings loose on my finger so the rubbing is not to bad. I have not been able to work what all the beads on it are yet.
The tree frog ring is easy to wear.

Michelle
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzu's petals Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:35 pm

I have recently bought the Troll Ring designed by Eske. Haven't worn it
much, but although it does seem a little rough it seems OK. Mine is a little loose as well. Daisy white
zuzu's petals
zuzu's petals
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by beadiack Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:38 pm

I have a Hawthorn ring. I've been wearing it pretty much constantly since May and haven't had any difficulty with the pearl or comfort.

I have the Blue Flower that I wear in a stack with Peals and Leaves on either side. The bead came off the Blue Flower and one of the pearls on P&L disintegrated right in place. TB replaced them both.

I get a lot of complements on the stack of rings. They really do look great together and that's great because I don't think either design is enough by itself. They are always rotating around and require a lot of fiddling to keep them correctly oriented with respect to one another and to my hand. But they're all perfectly comfortable.

beadiack
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down