BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any comments on Elephant Lock?

+3
Mouseoncheese
Brightonbelle
Rogotroll
7 posters

Go down

lock - Any comments on Elephant Lock? Empty Any comments on Elephant Lock?

Post by Rogotroll Sun May 08, 2011 6:38 pm

I have been trying to decide whether or not to buy this lock but I keep reading about problems people have reported over the years with it being weak/ difficult to use/ breaking.
If any of you have this lock I'd be grateful for your thoughts.
Rogotroll
Rogotroll
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

lock - Any comments on Elephant Lock? Empty Re: Any comments on Elephant Lock?

Post by Brightonbelle Sun May 08, 2011 6:43 pm

Mine seems pretty strong. It was my first lock and I have used it a lot. The trunk is not the easiest to do up but it isn't that hard either.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mouseoncheese Mon May 09, 2011 12:24 pm

I have had this lock for a couple of years and use it quite a lot. It is sturdy and both ends close securely. I don't think it is any more difficult to do up than any of the other rigid style locks. The trunk of the small elephant is broader than some of the other locks and is a tight fit on the small ring of some of my chains.
Mouseoncheese
Mouseoncheese
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaidspurse Mon May 09, 2011 12:48 pm

I just traded it for the plain lock I had a double of. My sis-in-law has it and it's her only lock, she never had problems with it and I think it looks sturdy too. The only lock I know of that many people have weakness problems with is the Freya Knot...
I'm happy I have it now!
mermaidspurse
mermaidspurse
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by LoopyLou Mon May 09, 2011 3:31 pm

Brightonbelle wrote:Mine seems pretty strong. It was my first lock and I have used it a lot. The trunk is not the easiest to do up but it isn't that hard either.

Interesting! Lottie would dearly like an elephant lock, so this may well be a selling point on me, after the trouble I had with her last bracelet (It was "borrowed" by an older cousiin, then never returned), so if she cannot take it off without help, I would prefer this to prevent her letting someone take it from her again
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildthing Mon May 09, 2011 3:34 pm

I have never heard of any problems with the Elephant Lock, the only one I am wary of is the Freya Knot as MMP said, lots of those seem to have broken on their owners.
Wildthing
Wildthing
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by wiggy Mon May 09, 2011 9:35 pm

My sister in law has an elephant lock. No problems for her. Smile
wiggy
wiggy
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Brightonbelle Mon May 09, 2011 9:38 pm

LoopyLou wrote:
Brightonbelle wrote:Mine seems pretty strong. It was my first lock and I have used it a lot. The trunk is not the easiest to do up but it isn't that hard either.

Interesting! Lottie would dearly like an elephant lock, so this may well be a selling point on me, after the trouble I had with her last bracelet (It was "borrowed" by an older cousiin, then never returned), so if she cannot take it off without help, I would prefer this to prevent her letting someone take it from her again

I only have a tiny bit of trouble putting it on. The trunk is quite fat and harder to get through the loop. Never noticed it was difficult to get off. Sorry to disillusion you. On the other hand, I think it is a MUST HAVE lock for a little girl.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Back to top Go down